What LPs have you listened to recently?

DaveyW

Re: What LPs have you listened to recently?
« Reply #3420 on: 23 Dec 2011, 07:15 am »

Davey after a little research this Lp has the same tracks as "Blue For You"

Ahh! The Mystery (Song  :)) is solved.
That's another good one too.

DaveyW

« Reply #3421 on: 23 Dec 2011, 09:07 am »
CLIMAX BLUES BAND - SAMPLE AND HOLD

decal

« Reply #3422 on: 23 Dec 2011, 03:15 pm »
Looks like a Dead set this morning.

Grateful Dead Box Set

Toni Rambold

« Reply #3423 on: 23 Dec 2011, 03:56 pm »
...  ...

Wagner: Ride of the Valkyries
Leinsdorf, Los Angeles Philharmonic
Sheffield Lab 7

Canned Heat
Liberty Records/Sunset Superpack 5D 128-60024/5

Van Morrison: A Sense of Wonder
Mercury 822 895

« Last Edit: 15 Apr 2022, 01:56 pm by Toni Rambold »

Jlappy

« Reply #3424 on: 23 Dec 2011, 04:12 pm »
Looks like a Dead set this morning.

Grateful Dead Box Set

A Dead morning is a great morning  :) a grateful dead that is  :icon_lol:

Jlappy

« Reply #3425 on: 23 Dec 2011, 04:44 pm »
Sorry Bill! :oops: From what I've read, "canned heat" refers to "sterno" which has been a drink of desperation among alcoholic bums, tramps and blues sorts. It's made from a jellied alcohol substance and is meant to be burned directly from the can to heat food sources like chaffing dishes, fondue pots, etc.

Sterno was never meant to be consumed, of course, unless one knew the voodoo, secret, magical ritual such as pouring it through a slice of white bread, then through an old wool sock and collecting it in a glass jar while incanting the sacred chants taught to Robert Johnson at the cross roads. :shh:

I'm sure that drinking sterno gives one an edge on gettin' the blues, which of course leads to the boogie woogie. I've never heard the Hooker N' Heat album, only read about it.

Din

PS. Please don't try drinking sterno at home over the holidays. :shake: Egg nog is a better choice!  :thumb:

Bill, Din, et al.

With a great deal of  :oops: embarrassment :oops: and after reading such an impassioned and informative dialogue, I was humbled and embarrassed to admit that my humble vinyl collection had no Canned Heat.  Yet, I was pushed over the edge by Din's depiction of canned heat  above and feeling low as if i was there at the burning 55 gallon drum being handed the communal medicinal spirits, taking a hit and swearing it would be my last  . . .   humbled last evening in the wet snow I walked down to my local used vinyl shop and I was in luck because there was a copy of this  :bowdown:

as it spin on my table a heavy weight was lifted off me  . . . almost born again and my sins washed away   :rock:

cheers,  Jim

decal

« Reply #3426 on: 23 Dec 2011, 05:08 pm »
Bill, Din, et al.

With a great deal of  :oops: embarrassment :oops: and after reading such an impassioned and informative dialogue, I was humbled and embarrassed to admit that my humble vinyl collection had no Canned Heat.  Yet, I was pushed over the edge by Din's depiction of canned heat  above and feeling low as if i was there at the burning 55 gallon drum being handed the communal medicinal spirits, taking a hit and swearing it would be my last  . . .   humbled last evening in the wet snow I walked down to my local used vinyl shop and I was in luck because there was a copy of this  :bowdown:

as it spin on my table a heavy weight was lifted off me  . . . almost born again and my sins washed away   :rock:

cheers,  Jim

And don't forget to Boogie !!!!!! :banana piano: :drums: :guitar: :rock: :thankyou:

roscoeiii

« Reply #3427 on: 23 Dec 2011, 05:14 pm »
How is the quality of the vinyl on the Dead Set?

I just noticed that MoFi is releasing Terrapin Station. Pretty psyched to hear their version.

vinyl_lady

« Reply #3428 on: 23 Dec 2011, 05:41 pm »

I just noticed that MoFi is releasing Terrapin Station. Pretty psyched to hear their version.

I have the Dead set and my copies are high quality, no surface noise and they sound terrific. The set contains their studio albums.

vinyl_lady

« Reply #3429 on: 23 Dec 2011, 05:43 pm »
Hi Toni,

Nice to see you posting again. My best wishes for a very Merry Christmas.

Laura

jimdgoulding

« Reply #3430 on: 23 Dec 2011, 05:51 pm »
Hi Toni,

Nice to see you posting again. My best wishes for a very Merry Christmas.

Laura
Me, too, Toni! 

DaveyW

« Reply #3431 on: 23 Dec 2011, 06:27 pm »

I heard this album for the 1st time on Wednesday night.
Had a couple of drinks with a mate before going out and I picked that from his vinyl rack for a listen - Now added to my want list  8)

roscoeiii

« Reply #3432 on: 23 Dec 2011, 06:34 pm »

Yo La Tengo I am Not Afraid of You and I Will Beat Your Ass

which has some much more tender material than the title would suggest.

vinyl_lady

« Reply #3433 on: 23 Dec 2011, 06:53 pm »

pumpkinman

• A Kind Word Is an Easy Gift To Give
« Reply #3434 on: 23 Dec 2011, 07:04 pm »
Bill, Din, et al.

cheers,  Jim

You're 1st Canned Heat

I must say I was surprised

But that's a great one to start of with.....Bill

jostber

« Reply #3435 on: 23 Dec 2011, 07:13 pm »
Grant Green - The Latin Bit

Blue Note vinyl.

vinyl_lady

« Reply #3436 on: 23 Dec 2011, 07:22 pm »

Rhino remastered and Reissued on 180g vinyl from the original analog tapes. This pressing beats the original in all repsects. A much, much fuller musical presentation. The percussion on the ending of Beginnings is 2D4.

Sonny

« Reply #3437 on: 23 Dec 2011, 07:40 pm »
Finally some time to listen!
Listening to KOB, on Classic Reissue.  Also, Holly Cole's Tempation, also on Classic Records.  Before these, Cowboy Junkies on MOFI.

KOB, wow, Trane and Adderley's saxes are way out side of the right and left speakers! 

Shelter 901 on DIY VPI Table with Pass Xono (DIY)

jostber

« Reply #3438 on: 23 Dec 2011, 07:42 pm »
Jerry Butler - The Soul Goes On

jostber

« Reply #3439 on: 23 Dec 2011, 08:21 pm »
Albert Collins - Iceman