Evolution DAC

John Casler

Re: Evolution DAC
« Reply #20 on: 8 Nov 2018, 07:11 pm »
Well, I really, really like my dac10 and cdt 8 pro, and hope to buy more Nuprime products. I was not familiar with Nuprime until recently. Another reall plus is John Casler, a great guy. 👍

You're too kind, but I try to help NuPRIME customers get what they might want or need.

I will say this, that I and other participating (independent, not online) dealers can likely offer you an attractive upgrade/trade up package for your DAC-10 and or DAC-9 units.

Contact me, or your dealer if you are interested.

giordy60

« Reply #21 on: 9 Nov 2018, 12:30 pm »
Jason or John
have not you thought of a button that can disable internal filters and make it NOS?

rustydoglim

« Reply #22 on: 10 Nov 2018, 07:49 pm »
Jason or John
have not you thought of a button that can disable internal filters and make it NOS?

What? No, we designed it this way. There are some things that we allow people to try (op-amps are mounted on socket), and then there are things that are part of the overall design and any changes will void the warranty.

The product page is up on the site now: https://nuprimeaudio.com/product/evo-dac/

Samoyed

« Reply #23 on: 10 Nov 2018, 07:59 pm »
Sorry for the dumb questions but this is all new to me.

Can it be used as a pure DAC like my dac10?

If so, in the pure DAC mode, does it provide mqa decoding to all outputs, not just usb?  (I use a Bluesound node 2, and Tidal)

Samoyed

« Reply #24 on: 11 Nov 2018, 12:46 am »
Also, is there a remote as the product listing is silent?

JackD

« Reply #25 on: 11 Nov 2018, 02:26 am »
I suspect it works just like the Oppo Sonica, W4S DAC-2, Directstream and others with a "digital" volume control using the DAC chips volume function. If you don't want to use the DAC as a control center you set the volume to a fixed level just like the DAC-10.  As to remote wouldn't be surprised to see the same wand we are accustomed to. It's durable and works.

Samoyed

« Reply #26 on: 11 Nov 2018, 02:52 am »
Thanks. The wand remote is funky but functional.

Pstores

« Reply #27 on: 11 Nov 2018, 01:19 pm »
Can the software/firmware be upgraded?

Samoyed

« Reply #28 on: 11 Nov 2018, 03:19 pm »
Web page says so!

audio.bill

« Reply #29 on: 11 Nov 2018, 07:26 pm »
Web page says so!
Regarding firmware updates the website states: "USB Audio Firmware: upgradable via USB DFU tool". Sounds like that would only apply to the USB input and not the DAC's conversion functionality which is chip based, unlike that of some FPGA based DACs.

Studio19atx

« Reply #30 on: 12 Nov 2018, 12:03 am »
Love the clean look of the NuForce MCP/MCA-18. This will definitely be a DAC on my radar to checkout.

alexreusch

« Reply #31 on: 12 Nov 2018, 08:23 am »
Are there any pictures of the rear side of the DAC? The product page does not show any...

rustydoglim

« Reply #32 on: 12 Nov 2018, 10:05 am »
Yes, the back panel photo is there. You have to scroll to the last image.
BTW, we corrected the retail price to $3250 USD / 3500 Euro

Samoyed

« Reply #33 on: 12 Nov 2018, 06:03 pm »
Rusty, please consider my questions, above!  Thanks

Studio19atx

« Reply #34 on: 12 Nov 2018, 06:16 pm »
Well, I really, really like my dac10 and cdt 8 pro, and hope to buy more Nuprime products. I was not familiar with Nuprime until recently. Another reall plus is John Casler, a great guy. 👍

I second that. My experience has been great and is very helpful. Hopefully I can get into NuPrime products now. I have quite a few NuForce products.

alexreusch

« Reply #35 on: 12 Nov 2018, 06:21 pm »
We don't do many reviews (indirectly they cost $$$$$, it is not free guys).  We know our own standard (DAC-10 was Product Of The Year).
Sure, eventually there will be a review for Evo DAC, but that might take 6 months.  We have Evo One and CDP-9 under review, so no way another one can happen for another 6, perhaps 12 months.   I am referring to US review, other countries could have the review done much sooner.

Some of you will buy Evo DAC and post your comment here.
A review by Darko Audio (https://darko.audio/) would be great to see. In my opinion, this is the number one reference for DAC reviews.

Samoyed

« Reply #36 on: 16 Nov 2018, 01:51 pm »
Rusty, this looks wonderful, but I’ve got to know!  Is mqa decoding a available from any source, not just usb?  Thanks

rjclaster

« Reply #37 on: 17 Nov 2018, 10:42 am »
Can the WR100D be used with one of the digital inputs of the Evolution DAC?

rustydoglim

« Reply #38 on: 18 Nov 2018, 12:34 pm »
MQA for hardware decoding is only available through USB.
WR-100D can only be connected to EVO DAC through standard optical port (and thus will required its own 5V power).

giordy60

« Reply #39 on: 18 Nov 2018, 02:12 pm »

WR-100D can only be connected to EVO DAC through standard optical port (and thus will required its own 5V power).

why only in evo dac?