Okay, I am about to blow everything else away.

JLM

• The elephant normally IS the room
Re: Okay, I am about to blow everything else away.
« Reply #40 on: 24 Aug 2010, 01:06 pm »
Are there cheaper pre-made cabinets available?  PE 0.5 cu. ft. cabinets cost nearly what the completed speakers did.   :scratch:   :(

HAL

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #41 on: 24 Aug 2010, 01:49 pm »
I listen to my X-LS Classic speakers in the living room everyday! 

My favorite thing to do is to demo them for friends looking for new speakers.   Now I can send them to Danny to get kits if they want to DIY some speakers. 

I still say that these are great speakers to get music lovers to understand what a good audio system can do at a very reasonable price.   Have a few friends, nephews and their friends with the X-LS Classics and still get thanks every time I see them.   They are the Dynaco A-25 speaker for a new generation! :)

downhill

« Reply #42 on: 24 Aug 2010, 01:52 pm »
I'm in for the xls-mtm.  I had two sets of the xls for the daughter and never got around to getting the center channel. 

Is there a mailing list so we know when they will be available on your site, Danny? 

Danny Richie

« Reply #43 on: 24 Aug 2010, 01:59 pm »
Is there a mailing list so we know when they will be available on your site, Danny?

In three to four weeks, I'll have them all in stock.

jeff_free69

« Reply #44 on: 24 Aug 2010, 03:43 pm »
Impressive shootout   for  the X-LS Encore
(http://www.stereomojo.com/Small%20Speaker%20Shootout%202007/SmallSpeakerShootout2007Part1.htm)

What was the nature of the Skiing Ninja upgrade?  - i didn't find it on their site

ctviggen

« Reply #45 on: 24 Aug 2010, 03:52 pm »
Impressive shootout   for  the X-LS Encore
(http://www.stereomojo.com/Small%20Speaker%20Shootout%202007/SmallSpeakerShootout2007Part1.htm)

What was the nature of the Skiing Ninja upgrade?  - i didn't find it on their site

The link you posted lists the upgrade. 

jeff_free69

« Reply #46 on: 24 Aug 2010, 04:07 pm »
DOH  -
thanks - i also found it on ninja site;  i was originally looking on the ninja site under "GR.."

I guess this is the "ma$ter" upgrade (now 380).   I was curious if "fully custom build" means redesgined with different values or  just better components with same values

ctviggen

« Reply #47 on: 24 Aug 2010, 04:14 pm »
I was under the impression that is was better components for the same build, but I don't know. 

HAL

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #48 on: 24 Aug 2010, 04:43 pm »
The Ninja Master is the same crossover design with better matched components.  Electronic component matching for both crossovers is a big part of the upgrade.   

cbc

« Reply #49 on: 24 Aug 2010, 08:05 pm »
crazy stuff!
Wish they had empty cabs to go with - always wanted a set of x-omnis.
 My woodwork skillz are, shall we say...non-existent. :duh:

corndog71

• Some people call me Rob.
« Reply #50 on: 24 Aug 2010, 08:52 pm »
crazy stuff!
Wish they had empty cabs to go with - always wanted a set of x-omnis.
 My woodwork skillz are, shall we say...non-existent. :duh:

The x-omni cabinets are pretty simple to build.  I'm sure you could have a local cabinet-maker build you a pair at a reasonable price.  And $149 for the drivers and crossovers is a small price to pay to complete them.  As I have a pair of omnis I can vouch for their value.  They are really unique speakers and will reward you for the effort.  And not having to scrape out the cheap liner material AV123 used is also a bonus.  You can much more easily add No Rez to a freshly built cabinet.

mojave

« Reply #52 on: 24 Aug 2010, 10:25 pm »
I already have some X-Omni's with Ninja Master crossovers that I love. Installing the No Rez was No Fun. Maybe I'll build some that look like the FJ Om, which costs $4000.

Danny Richie

« Reply #53 on: 24 Aug 2010, 10:41 pm »
Wow, 4 grand for an X-omni knock off?  :wink:

starkiller

« Reply #54 on: 25 Aug 2010, 12:23 am »
Yes indeedy, let us know when some pre-built cabs are available for the x-omni's!!

Savage

« Reply #55 on: 25 Aug 2010, 03:35 am »
(I posted something similiar in the LS6 thread)

Most of the auction stuff is large lots beyond the scope of what anyone can personally use, however, there are a whole bunch of LS6 cabinets that are just sold by the pair, I think they were all on pages 7 & 8. The auction is on the 30th, so expect E-bay sellers to split up the large lots and offer them as cabinet pairs on speakers other than the LS6's.

I just sent the following question to the auctioneer.

I am interested in the av123 auction, however I need to know who's receiving the proceeds. As MLS was indicted for charity fraud, and there are so many customers defrauded who never received their products, or will it go to secured creditors?. To me it makes a huge difference whether the proceeds go to the defrauded charities, or will it just line MLS's bankroll?

I'll post their answer.

emac

« Reply #56 on: 25 Aug 2010, 03:54 am »
As I have a pair of omnis I can vouch for their value.  They are really unique speakers and will reward you for the effort. 

Agree wholeheartedly.  Though, as always, keep your room in mind.  If you're going to use the Omni's as mains, and you'll likely be amazed at how good they can sound, you do need to get them at least 3 feet off of any given wall.  If you're going to use them as surrounds (where they are equally as good), placement isn't as big of an issue. 

cbc

« Reply #57 on: 25 Aug 2010, 03:03 pm »
Yes indeedy, let us know when some pre-built cabs are available for the x-omni's!!

seconded!   :lol:

tortoiseman2542

« Reply #58 on: 25 Aug 2010, 03:22 pm »
I would definitely love it if Santi had some Moho anything lying around without networks/drivers.  I'm also horrible at woodworking and would love to get a hold of some bare bones speaker boxes with veneer applied.  I looked at the auction too but live too far away to pick up anything.  I also don't want to buy anything if it goes to MLS directly.  I would have less of a problem if I knew that the money went to creditors.

Robert

Danny Richie

« Reply #59 on: 25 Aug 2010, 03:39 pm »
Hey guys, just a little FIY, all the proceeds from the auction will be split up between creditors.