N2X model on demo tour...

bigbang

Re: N2X model on demo tour...
« Reply #300 on: 2 Jul 2012, 11:49 pm »
When they finally show, I'll have to call in sick the following day I'm thinkin'. :wink:

Danny Richie

« Reply #301 on: 3 Jul 2012, 02:21 pm »
On the GR website it says there  are plans for a  small floor standing  version  of the N2X  .  Do you have a link  to those plans ?
I'd love to demo a pair of these (either version) but  I guess being up here in Canada kind of makes it ough with customs and shipping.

One of my customers drew up some CAD type drawings of the floor standing version. I can e-mail them to you if you like.

wagnju

« Reply #302 on: 14 Aug 2012, 06:40 pm »
After nearly 2 months it is time to move the N2X on . I'm in the Kansas City area , so if somebody is interested  , just let Danny know .
It was a fun time and all I can say so far is that Danny has a little Gem with the N2X speakers.
The speakers were really easy to setup . I found the image best with the speakers facing straight on , sitting on 24” high stands.
My 2x90W Marantz PM KI Pearl Amp was driving them with ease even at higher volumes .
I start with the negative point as it is the shortest part :
Call me a bass freak or bass addicted   :roll: but the N2X really shined when a subwoofer was added . Without a subwoofer I had to crank up the bass control on my Marantz to get some decent lower bass (my room isn't perfect either with lots of stuff in it and high ceilings) .
The positive:
The sound coming from the N2X is natural , without harshness and offer great detail and resolution . They handle especially the midrange very well , with smoothness and detail .The soundstage was wide and deep .
I have a lot of  CD's and Records and only a few I would consider are great recordings. I mainly listen to music I like and some of this music isn't that well recorded . The N2X seems to be more forgiving when it comes to not perfectly recorded music , as these speakers will play everything you throw at it with finesse and grace  and they also shine at higher volumes .
I would consider the N2X as an excellent allrounder when you want to enjoy your whole music collection .
The main lesson I learned with the N2X is the fact , that spending more money doesn't always equate to better sound + performance .
I run the N2X compared to my Kingsound Princess , Selah Verita and a pair Tekton Lore .
BTW , all 4 are great speakers and it is a tough decision to pick a favorite one .
Well done Danny and thanks for the opportunity to get on the tour .

pureiso

« Reply #303 on: 14 Aug 2012, 09:30 pm »
After nearly 2 months it is time to move the N2X on . I'm in the Kansas City area , so if somebody is interested  , just let Danny know .
It was a fun time and all I can say so far is that Danny has a little Gem with the N2X speakers.
The speakers were really easy to setup . I found the image best with the speakers facing straight on , sitting on 24” high stands.
My 2x90W Marantz PM KI Pearl Amp was driving them with ease even at higher volumes .
I start with the negative point as it is the shortest part :
Call me a bass freak or bass addicted   :roll: but the N2X really shined when a subwoofer was added . Without a subwoofer I had to crank up the bass control on my Marantz to get some decent lower bass (my room isn't perfect either with lots of stuff in it and high ceilings) .
The positive:
The sound coming from the N2X is natural , without harshness and offer great detail and resolution . They handle especially the midrange very well , with smoothness and detail .The soundstage was wide and deep .
I have a lot of  CD's and Records and only a few I would consider are great recordings. I mainly listen to music I like and some of this music isn't that well recorded . The N2X seems to be more forgiving when it comes to not perfectly recorded music , as these speakers will play everything you throw at it with finesse and grace  and they also shine at higher volumes .
I would consider the N2X as an excellent allrounder when you want to enjoy your whole music collection .
The main lesson I learned with the N2X is the fact , that spending more money doesn't always equate to better sound + performance .
I run the N2X compared to my Kingsound Princess , Selah Verita and a pair Tekton Lore .
BTW , all 4 are great speakers and it is a tough decision to pick a favorite one .
Well done Danny and thanks for the opportunity to get on the tour .

Apparently the N1X is actually a much better standalone speaker due to it being ported, whereas the N2X is very easy to place in room.  To get a noticeable amount of bass out of the N2X sounded off, probably because it is not designed to do so.

Hope those speakers made it to you just fine though, I was the last one to have them before you...  :icon_lol:

jdkane527

« Reply #304 on: 14 Aug 2012, 11:50 pm »
Apparently the N1X is actually a much better standalone speaker due to it being ported, whereas the N2X is very easy to place in room.  To get a noticeable amount of bass out of the N2X sounded off, probably because it is not designed to do so.

How would you compare the two speakers, particularly in the mid-range, overlooking the low bass output.

pureiso

« Reply #305 on: 15 Aug 2012, 03:32 pm »
How would you compare the two speakers, particularly in the mid-range, overlooking the low bass output.

I still have yet to listen to the N1X's.  As far as woofers go, the M130x is regarded a bit higher than M165x (at least from what I have been looking through).  The issue is overlooking the low bass output, since many people will do a simple comparison without a subwoofer.

In my opinion, biased or not, I would go with the N1X unless positioning is really an issue.  If it is an issue, I would probably build a N3S, for both the higher sensitivity and lower distortion at higher SPL.

Maybe Danny can chime in and either refute or add to my opinion on the two different designs.

Danny Richie

« Reply #306 on: 15 Aug 2012, 04:21 pm »
The M-130X and M-165X are the same driver other than the greater size of the M-165X. They sound about the same.

You can build a small ported floor standing version of the N2X and get a much lower -3db in the 45Hz range.

Yep, you can step up to the N3 and gain sensitivity, power handling, a little lower distortion, plus a -3db down of 40Hz.

wagnju

« Reply #307 on: 18 Aug 2012, 01:33 am »

Hope those speakers made it to you just fine though, I was the last one to have them before you...  :icon_lol:
[/quote]

Hi pureiso everything arrived fine. The speakers and especially the outer box showed some milage on it so I donated a new outer box as the old one was so weak and I thought it just couldn't withstand another tape engineering approach   8) .
So the next one on the tour gets the speakers in a rigid , virgin new outer box  :green: but the great sounding speakers are still the same  8)

danny01

« Reply #308 on: 21 Aug 2012, 10:44 pm »
I'm really curious about these speakers. How can I get on line to demo them?

Danny Richie

« Reply #309 on: 21 Aug 2012, 11:22 pm »
I'm really curious about these speakers. How can I get on line to demo them?

E-mail me all of your contact and shipping information. Then you'll need to call me with your credit card info needed to secure them. It is that simple.