Availability of used Virtue Amps

droht

Availability of used Virtue Amps
« on: 10 Jul 2012, 10:37 pm »
Hey guys, I have not been around much.  Just wondering how tough it is to find used Virtue Ones or Twos?  I'm itching for some good sound...

Also, has Seth ever explained the business model of kind of blowing the product line up and starting over?  Seems like they should still be churning out at least a few of the original models.  But maybe the margin was so low that it just doesn't make sense?   :scratch:

Thanks.

django11

• Canuckistani
Re: Availability of used Virtue Amps
« Reply #1 on: 11 Jul 2012, 01:10 am »
Hey buddy!  Nice to see you around!

Virtues come up for sale once in a while. 

I think that Seth explained in another thread that he is working hard on getting something bang for the buck back for sale but pricing is tough.  Post number 4 here: http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=107984.msg1110088;topicseen#new

droht

« Reply #2 on: 11 Jul 2012, 01:21 am »
Hey Stephen, how goes it up north?  Thanks for that link.  Somehow I ignored that thread, but I was afraid that the reality was predictable.  Seth's amps were too good for the money. 

Hopefully he can relaunch with a sustainable product that still delivers the sound.  Maybe manufacturing in Colombia would help.    :duh:

django11

• Canuckistani
« Reply #3 on: 11 Jul 2012, 02:44 am »
Hey Dean.  Things are all right north.  I hope they are good for you as well.  (I finally told a certain someone at cht to go ...well, you know :green:)

I picked up a used Two from Dvernardos a while back and have been very happy with it.  Maybe try a WTB ad at the trading post... 

Rclark

« Reply #4 on: 11 Jul 2012, 02:51 am »

Mine has been a trooper for well over a year since JasonT fixed mine. I bought it from the guy who owns Holistic, just used for RMAF, but it got to me a little jacked up.

Jason blessed it with ClarityCaps, and made a few other small mods.

I've had mine on 24/7 with the batteries constantly connected to the charger. Great amp. I will be transfering mine to living room HT/ duty.

Did that once, during the Stanley cup a year ago. My then roomate was tripping out that you could hear every little clink on the ice, as opposed to the TV's main speakers.

Great little amp.