Hi ashok,

You win great guess. Congratulations.

Thanks,
Louis

Louis O

Re: Thanksgiving Raffle
« Reply #22 on: 27 Nov 2012, 01:51 am »
Hi DaveC113,

Real nice and heard of all the mods. Have a MK6 GTI which is bone stock, but before it was a MK5 GTI that I really modded a lot of APR, R32 style exhaust (GHL turboback) R32 rear bumper, intercooler, upgraded fuel pump, forge blow off valve, etc etc. With the FWD hard to hookup and lots of torque steer. Looking forward to 4WD.

Hi JLM,

Been in a V8 vega and it was scary fast.

Thanks,
Louis

Louis O

« Reply #23 on: 27 Nov 2012, 01:53 am »
Hi markjv,

Ferrari, would be nice.

ejfud

« Reply #24 on: 27 Nov 2012, 01:56 am »
Dang I have dinner with the family and I miss all the fun!

Nice work ashok. Please share some thoughts on the speakers after you have some listening time with us in the Single Driver forum.

Nice Louis!

ashok

« Reply #25 on: 27 Nov 2012, 01:58 am »
Hi ashok,

You win great guess. Congratulations.

Thanks,
Louis

Wow, really? First time I have won a raffle of any kind. I was going to guess the Datsun or the Toyota Celica. Glad I went with the Datsun.

Thank you Louis, for a very generous gesture. If you have a favorite charity, please let me know, and I will surely help out.

The speakers will go very well, I think, with the Dynaco MK3s I am building from scratch.

Thanks once again!!

TomS

« Reply #26 on: 27 Nov 2012, 02:06 am »
Great guess Ashok. I should have gone with my gut but I was feelin' all those German cars  8)

I had a 260z, 280z 2+2, 280ZX, and a 280ZX Turbo. Couldn't bring my self to look at the 300ZX of the day though, ugh, such a shame.

Louis O

« Reply #27 on: 27 Nov 2012, 02:18 am »
Hi ejfud,

I was really surprised it went so fast as well. It was a pleasure to have the raffle.

Like to do this again with the DIY drivers when they are ready.

Hi ashok,

Awesome and it was a great guess. I really thought it would take a while and funny with the Celica because I learned to drive standard shift in a Celica way before the Datsun. It's my pleasure. The speakers will be great with the MK3's. I got the Dynaco MK3s myself from Kevin at Dynakits.
It would have to be Hurricane Sandy since I live in the area. Thank you very much and it's very kind of you.

Thanks again and I'll get them boxed up and ready to ship.

Thanks again,
Louis

Louis O

« Reply #28 on: 27 Nov 2012, 02:23 am »
Hi TomS,

You're right about the 300ZX. Wouldn't mind a 240Z, but they are getting pricey. A friend of mine had the 260z and had a Holley 4 barrel conversion from Bob Sharp at the time. It was a great car. I do like the new Z cars.

ashok

« Reply #29 on: 27 Nov 2012, 02:43 am »
Hi Louis,

I am not too far from you. I live in Massachusetts now, Lexington to be exact. Sandy's impact was not as bad as what it was further south in CT, NY and NJ.

Nice work ashok. Please share some thoughts on the speakers after you have some listening time with us in the Single Driver forum.

I will. The MK3s will take some time to complete, but I will figure out something for the interim. Perhaps a Tripath amp. If Louis' TS-1s are any indication, the 3Ts should be very good indeed.

Great guess Ashok. I should have gone with my gut but I was feelin' all those German cars  8)

I had a 260z, 280z 2+2, 280ZX, and a 280ZX Turbo. Couldn't bring my self to look at the 300ZX of the day though, ugh, such a shame.

Haven't actually driven a 280ZX. Only the Celica, but I always liked the looks of the Datsun.

Louis O

« Reply #30 on: 27 Nov 2012, 02:56 am »
Hi ashok,

Not far at all. Been living in NYC, but moving back to CT very soon. We were very lucky to only have loss of power for short while.

DaveC113

• Industry Contributor
  • ZenWaveAudio.com
« Reply #31 on: 27 Nov 2012, 03:31 am »
Lol, I had a 280Z with a 350hp Ford 302 / Borg Warner 5 spd many years ago. The chassis, suspension, brakes and rear end weren't too happy about it though....  :evil:

jimdgoulding

« Reply #32 on: 27 Nov 2012, 03:56 am »
A Saab.  A Citroen.  A 357 Chevy.

radarnyc

« Reply #33 on: 27 Nov 2012, 04:00 pm »
This did look like fun! Hmm...fun cars that someone born in the late 60s and, therefore, was driving in the mid-80s and probably did not have endless supply of cash ---> yeah, a 280Z would have been a great car! i still have a car with an inline-6 and love it. my guess was going to be a CRX though.

Louis O

« Reply #34 on: 27 Nov 2012, 09:50 pm »
Hi ashok,

These are your speakers. They look better in person. Still trying to be a better photographer.

Louis O

« Reply #35 on: 27 Nov 2012, 09:59 pm »
Hi DaveC113,

I bet and must have been scary fast. I think the rear end was a R200 if I remember correctly. Plus a lot more weight on the front end.

Hi radarnyc,

I loved that car and it was a great buy at the time. The inline 6 had a good amount of torque too. BMW would have been real nice, but to expensive at the time.

My first car by the way was a 1978 Renault R17 Gordini.

Thanks,
Louis

Louis O

« Reply #36 on: 27 Nov 2012, 10:10 pm »
This is the one I have been working on for a while now.

Its a 1973 Porsche 914. I have a Raby 2270 with Tangerine EVO Exhaust and dual Weber 44 IDF's. It's got about 185 HP.

pslate

« Reply #37 on: 27 Nov 2012, 10:24 pm »
Man to have a 240 these days would be incredible. I would happily drive a nicely restored 260Z. A SAAB Sonnet or Opel GT would be pretty sweet too! You must have had some great times with that car Louis. Kudos to you for such a fun holiday activity!!
Paul

Louis O

« Reply #38 on: 27 Nov 2012, 10:43 pm »
Hi pslate,

A 240Z would be great. They are getting expensive now and I like the Saab and the Opel. It's great to have a lightweight car with good power.

Like the 914 you have to watch out for rust.

ashok

« Reply #39 on: 28 Nov 2012, 01:06 am »
Hi ashok,

These are your speakers. They look better in person. Still trying to be a better photographer.

They look great Louis. Looking forward to hearing them. Thanks!!