mostly Parasound, recommendations please

bhenriks

mostly Parasound, recommendations please
« on: 16 Oct 2018, 03:29 pm »
My setup:

Rack w/ oak butcher block shelves and solid legs, stacked w/ Dayton speaker spikes.  Components on this rack:   
- Lenovo Laptop
- Parasound JC2 preamp  24 lbs
- Oppo 205  22 lbs

On a carpeted floor, on 2.5” maple butcher blocks:
- (2) Parasound JC1 amps  65 lbs ea
- Furman IT-Ref 20i power conditioner  82 lbs

Factory feet on everything.  What do you recommend?  THANKS!

Herbie

• Industry Contributor
    • Herbie's Audio Lab
Re: mostly Parasound, recommendations please
« Reply #1 on: 17 Oct 2018, 08:00 pm »
My setup:

Rack w/ oak butcher block shelves and solid legs, stacked w/ Dayton speaker spikes.  Components on this rack:   
- Lenovo Laptop
- Parasound JC2 preamp  24 lbs
- Oppo 205  22 lbs

On a carpeted floor, on 2.5” maple butcher blocks:
- (2) Parasound JC1 amps  65 lbs ea
- Furman IT-Ref 20i power conditioner  82 lbs

Factory feet on everything.  What do you recommend?  THANKS!

Hi, Brian. I sent you an email reply to your original inquiry; perhaps you didn't receive it. Here's a copy/paste of the original email reply:

"Tenderfeet would be ideal to use underneath each component; I've listed recommendations for each below. One or two SuperSonic Stabilizers on top of each component would be additionally beneficial when used with Tenderfeet, providing both upper and lower chassis vibration damping, though just using Tenderfeet to isolate each component would be ideal to start.

Parasound JC2: 4x TenderSoft Tenderfeet
Oppo 205: 4x TenderSoft Tenderfeet
Laptop: 4-5x Baby Booties; in my system, I have 5x Baby Booties (one in each corner of the laptop, one in the middle) with adhesive, adhered to the top shelf of my audio rack. This allows me to take my laptop on and off of the rack easily without the Baby Booties moving.

Parasound JC1: 4x Extra-firm Tenderfeet per amp
Furman power conditioner: 4x Extra-firm Tenderfeet

Tenderfeet
SuperSonic Stabilizer"

You would want to use Tenderfeet in direct contact with each component's chassis, not underneath the stock feet. I believe that each of the components you listed will work with regular Tenderfeet, though Big Tall version is available if the extra height is needed to lift each component off of the stock feet.

Best regards,

Robert Herbelin
Herbie's Audio Lab