« Reply #80 on: 9 May 2020, 03:27 am »
   Great review and well deserved.
charles

Thank you, Rollo!

Hi Vinnie,

I am exciting to receive the new L2i Signature Integrated soon  :hyper:

An

Hi An,

I look forward to hearing from you once you have it running!

Vinnie

Fidelity88

Re: L2 Integrated Impressions?
« Reply #81 on: 12 May 2020, 07:54 pm »
Vinnie,

I am now in possession of the L2i SE integrated and all I could say is wow...extremely musical from the first note and one of a very few beautiful looking Integrated amplifier on the market.  This is an end game amplifier IMO for both sonically and visually!  :inlove:

An

Terence T.

« Reply #82 on: 14 May 2020, 02:56 pm »
...extremely musical from the first note and one of a very few beautiful looking Integrated amplifier on the market.  This is an end game amplifier IMO for both sonically and visually!  :inlove:

Hi An,

Very well said and I fully agreed. Please beware that when your L2i-SE is burnt-in you will be smiling all over. :eyebrows:

Terence

Fidelity88

« Reply #83 on: 14 May 2020, 05:28 pm »
Hello Terence,

Without much burning in on the L2i, I have already swapping between three different 300B tubes including Takatsuki, Psvane Acme, Elrog and all three members have tremendously impacted the musicality of the integrated.  Although the EH stock tubes are great but invested in the top quality tubes from above will definitely make one even happier with the L2i SE...IMO at least another 20% improvement  :angel:

An

jriggy

« Reply #84 on: 14 May 2020, 06:01 pm »
Hello Terence,

Without much burning in on the L2i, I have already swapping between three different 300B tubes including Takatsuki, Psvane Acme, Elrog and all three members have tremendously impacted the musicality of the integrated.  Although the EH stock tubes are great but invested in the top quality tubes from above will definitely make one even happier with the L2i SE...IMO at least another 20% improvement  :angel:

An

When you feel comfortable enough with knowing, could you describe some differences between the TAK’s and the Elrog’s??

Thanks
 Jason

Fidelity88

« Reply #85 on: 14 May 2020, 07:04 pm »
Hi Jason,

I am sure Vinnie would be the best man who could inform us the differences between these two 300B tubes since the designer has listened with these tubes numerous of times in the L2i SE Integrated.  For me the Takatsuki and Elrog have totally different sounding characteristics and both are quite unique at this caliber.  The Tak has the best possible level of transparency with more intimate feeling while the Elrog is just a little warmer and has more weights in the whole presentation...Different listeners will appreciate differently between the two tubes...system synergy is a must!

An

Vinnie R.

« Reply #86 on: 14 May 2020, 11:59 pm »
Hi An,

This is an end game amplifier IMO for both sonically and visually!  :inlove:

Thank you - I'm glad it is doing exactly as intended!  :singing: 8)

I am sure Vinnie would be the best man who could inform us the differences between these two 300B tubes since the designer has listened with these tubes numerous of times in the L2i SE Integrated.  For me the Takatsuki and Elrog have totally different sounding characteristics and both are quite unique at this caliber.  The Tak has the best possible level of transparency with more intimate feeling while the Elrog is just a little warmer and has more weights in the whole presentation...Different listeners will appreciate differently between the two tubes...system synergy is a must!

Hi An and Jason,

I agree with An.  The TAK TA-300B is the most transparent of the DHT's that I've used in the L2 Preamp / L2i-SE.  It unravels all the fine nuances in the music with remarkable speed and clarity.  I wouldn't call it a "warm" sounding tube (although it is never bright, or boring / sterile sounding).

I find the Elrog 300B to be warmer overall, and a bit more laid-back in how they handle transients in the music.  The bass is more weighty (but still not a strong in the bass as something like a KR PX-4). 
I believe the gain with the Elrog 300B is around 2dB lower as well.  In a brighter and/or leaner sounding system, the Elrog 300B would probably be preferred over the TAK TA300B.

As An mentioned above, the "best" triode really comes down to system synergy.

Some of my favorites (in no particular order) have been:

Western Electric WE-300B
Takutsuki TA-300B
KR Audio T-100 (similar sounding to the PX4, but more top-end extension and openness)

Some of my "second favorites" have been:

Elrog 300B
KR PX4
Svetlana SV811-10 (specifically when I want warmer, richer, and bass-heavier sound with rock, or with bright and poorly mastered recordings)

Vinnie

Terence T.

« Reply #87 on: 15 May 2020, 08:34 am »
Hi Vinnie,

Again the same phrase has popped up in my mind, Western Electric WE-300B. Any news of the reissue Western Electric WE 300B from Rossville shipping out?

Or anyone has gotten them in your possession? Always so curious to know how the Rossville's WE 300B compares to the Takatsuki 300B in the L2i-SE? :duh:

Terence
« Last Edit: 15 May 2020, 12:23 pm by Terence T. »

Vinnie R.

« Reply #88 on: 15 May 2020, 06:44 pm »
Hi Vinnie,

Again the same phrase has popped up in my mind, Western Electric WE-300B. Any news of the reissue Western Electric WE 300B from Rossville shipping out?

Or anyone has gotten them in your possession? Always so curious to know how the Rossville's WE 300B compares to the Takatsuki 300B in the L2i-SE? :duh:

Terence

Hi Terence,

They continue to say "coming soon" - but they have been saying that for a while now.  I'm not sure when they will actually start shipping.  If I hear about it, I'll be
sure to update you.

Vinnie

coldfogey

« Reply #89 on: 15 May 2020, 10:50 pm »
 Vinnie,

Go to  SET Asylum.  Check out the thread   ( The end of the world? )  Read the posts by Gerry E.  I believe he received the first WE 300B shipped.

Terence T.

« Reply #90 on: 16 May 2020, 06:05 am »
I'm not sure when they will actually start shipping.  If I hear about it, I'll be
sure to update you.

Vinnie

Thank you so much.

Terence

Terence T.

« Reply #91 on: 16 May 2020, 06:14 am »
Vinnie,

Go to  SET Asylum.  Check out the thread   ( The end of the world? )  Read the posts by Gerry E.  I believe he received the first WE 300B shipped.

Hi Coldfogey,

I believe this is the link: https://www.audioasylum.com/cgi/vt.mpl?f=set&m=85466

Thanks.

Terence

Vinnie R.

« Reply #92 on: 26 May 2020, 11:26 pm »
All,

The first review of the L2i Integrated Amp (non-SE version) by Marc Phillips of Part-Time Audiophile.com, is live!  8)

https://parttimeaudiophile.com/2020/05/24/vinnie-rossi-l2i-integrated-amplifier-review/

Quote from: Marc Phillips / Part-Time Audiophile.com
I had the Vinnie Rossi L2i integrated amplifier in my system for many months, and I listened to hundreds of LPs during that time. I can’t pick out two or three that stood out. I can tell you that this was one of the most rewarding periods of my life as an audiophile. It’s all a happy, satisfying blur.

Highly recommended, and an Editor’s Choice Award winner.

Thank you, Marc!!!  :notworthy:

Vinnie

matthewpartrick

• vinnierossiforum.com
    • The Clueless Audiophile
« Reply #93 on: 9 Jun 2020, 02:05 pm »
beautiful turn back the clock look..congrats!!!

Now you have to get a TT !!

Finally getting around to this, sorry! 

I've had this for about six months now, and it has been incredibly busy for me at work, and I have been gently easing into listening and breaking in the new speakers, as well as some tube rolling.  Since it arrived, I have stuck with the stock tubes so I can get a baseline idea of what the unit sounds like.  Like Vinnie, I really like the Svetlanas for rock.  I also will be trying out the Tak 300Bs soon. 

For all who have had the pleasure of listening to the LIO and L2, you know what I'm talking about when I say that this is the most incredible listening experience I've had in my own home.  The soundstage is absolutely holographic.  I am so pleased with how the unit works with my Volti Rivals.  I feel like I'm at end game right now, and cannot foresee changing anything in the near or distant future.  It's absolutely perfect for me.

SteveParsons

« Reply #94 on: 9 Jun 2020, 03:11 pm »
Congrats to Vinnie on the Positive review in the July issue of HiFi News magazine, review by Ken Kessler.  You have managed to impress an icon ! (not easy).  He said he'd buy one if he ever needed another amp !

Still loving the L2ISE with my Tannoys  :D

Cheers
Steve

Vinnie R.

« Reply #95 on: 10 Jun 2020, 06:01 pm »
I've had this for about six months now, and it has been incredibly busy for me at work, and I have been gently easing into listening and breaking in the new speakers, as well as some tube rolling.  Since it arrived, I have stuck with the stock tubes so I can get a baseline idea of what the unit sounds like.  Like Vinnie, I really like the Svetlanas for rock.  I also will be trying out the Tak 300Bs soon. 

For all who have had the pleasure of listening to the LIO and L2, you know what I'm talking about when I say that this is the most incredible listening experience I've had in my own home.  The soundstage is absolutely holographic.  I am so pleased with how the unit works with my Volti Rivals.  I feel like I'm at end game right now, and cannot foresee changing anything in the near or distant future.  It's absolutely perfect for me.

Hi MP,

THANK YOU for posting impressions of your L2i-SE with your Volti Rivals.  Very happy to hear how much you are enjoying it!   8)

Congrats to Vinnie on the Positive review in the July issue of HiFi News magazine, review by Ken Kessler.  You have managed to impress an icon ! (not easy).  He said he'd buy one if he ever needed another amp !

Still loving the L2ISE with my Tannoys  :D

Hi Steve,

THANK YOU!  :dance:

We are absolutely thrilled to learn that Ken Kessler and Paul Miller of Hi-Fi News have given the L2i-SE their top award!

Quote from: Ken Kessler / Hi-Fi News
“…if I needed a new amp, I’d be splashing out on a Vinnie Rossi L2i-SE because I simply adore it. The build, ergonomics and features leave nothing to be desired, and it was a joy to use the entire time it was in my system. I even loved just staring at it! But forget all that. Ultimately, this is about sound. And it was ‘Bellissima’..."

A tremendous ‘thank you’ to Hi-Fi News and to our UK distributor, Elite Audio!

Vinnie

matthewpartrick

• vinnierossiforum.com
    • The Clueless Audiophile
« Reply #96 on: 14 Jun 2020, 09:09 pm »
Tonight I'm listening to David Crosby's "Woodstock" from his last album "here if you listen."  It is earth shattering.  Croz sounds better than he ever did prior to his sobriety.  Check it out, you won't be disappointed. 

wile.e.mo

« Reply #97 on: 29 Jun 2020, 05:40 pm »
I'm very interested in the L2i-SE and I would like to audition.  Anyone aware of one within a couple hours of Cincinnati?  It appears the closest dealer is in Chicago area at least 5 hours away.  Thanks

tme110

« Reply #98 on: 14 Jul 2020, 10:40 pm »
I just wanted to say that I thought using the XLR outputs to power headphones was a 'better than nothing' workaround to the level that I bought a generic adapter cable because I wasn't sure it would work for me.  After I got my LIO and Spatials, I sold all my headphone gear.  Then missed it so I bought new LCD-3's which probably hadn't been on my head a total of 5 minutes since I bought them 3ish+ years ago.

Using a duel 3-pin to 4-pin xlr cable to balanced headphones from the L2i is no joke, it works great!  I've done quite a bit of headphone listening lately.

mcanaday

« Reply #99 on: 17 Jul 2020, 12:14 pm »
Just another satisfied owner of an L2i-SE chiming in....

I was an early adopter of the LIO and loved it.  I upgraded to the DHT Pre and loved it more.  But the L2i-SE is a huge sonic step forward.  As I plugged in speakers that I have logged countless hours with and know extremely well (the 40th anniversary Harbeth P3esrs) it was like I had different (and much better) speakers--so many more layers and textures in the music.  The cliche --hearing things in recordings I had not heard before--is in this case very true.

Other parts of the system will come and go.  But this amp is for life.

-Margot