Circuit City CD Sale...

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
Circuit City CD Sale...
« on: 29 May 2005, 07:47 pm »
Just a heads up...Circuit City....Sunday and Monday....cds priced at $10.99 to $13.99 on sale for $9.99.
    each* OR LESS
    Reg. 10.99 - 13.99
    thru May 30 only
    [/list:u]
      In store only... worth a look ! :)  [/list:u]

sts9fan

Circuit City CD Sale...
« Reply #1 on: 1 Jun 2005, 07:39 pm »
:nono: support local music shops!!

ctviggen

Circuit City CD Sale...
« Reply #2 on: 1 Jun 2005, 08:43 pm »
Why?  And why isn't the local Circuit City a "local" shop?

sts9fan

Circuit City CD Sale...
« Reply #3 on: 1 Jun 2005, 09:01 pm »
Q: Why?
A: Because they stock the good stuff; they don't just carry the Spice Girls. Why does everyone on this board  buy all these low run gear? Becaue its better quality in product and service. Also if you think that a local CC is a local store then I wonder how you figured out how to turn on your computer or maybe that was wit.

bubba966

Circuit City CD Sale...
« Reply #4 on: 1 Jun 2005, 09:17 pm »
Your local CC is a local shop. It's not a locally owned shop though.

Music Maven

Circuit City CD Sale...
« Reply #5 on: 2 Jun 2005, 04:11 am »
Why go to a "local shop" when you can go to a "loco" one?  :lol:  :P  :mrgreen:

Mathew_M

Circuit City CD Sale...
« Reply #6 on: 2 Jun 2005, 06:04 am »
Quote from: sts9fan

Your Avatar pretty much sums up the typical "local music shop" employee.  :roll:  

When I want a little extra atmosphere or I'm looking to pick up some vinyl then I'll head downtown to a shop.  Local for me in the burbs are places called Slackers which offer zero customer service, non-competitive pricing and shithead attitudes.  No thanks.  I've seen the movie (High Fidelity) and I'd much rather give my money to an evil, money grubbing corporation.

woodsyi

• Volunteer
  • Always Look on the Bright Side of Life!
Circuit City CD Sale...
« Reply #7 on: 2 Jun 2005, 01:43 pm »
Quote from: Mathew_M
I've seen the movie (High Fidelity) and I'd much rather give my money to an evil, money grubbing corporation.

Good movie.  I like John Cusak movies.  I just let my BMG expire, reup for 12 freebees, buy 1, expire again, reup, etc. etc.  In between they get enough new ones to fill the 12 freebees.  Then there is Amazon used.  As for the local shop, I use a record exchange shop and have word out on the "street" that I am looking to buy or receive records.  You will be surprized how many boomers are looking to give away their records!

hmen

Circuit City CD Sale...
« Reply #8 on: 2 Jun 2005, 01:47 pm »

Up here in Westchester County there are no more local music shops. Everything is part of a chain and they're way too expensive.

JoshK

Circuit City CD Sale...
« Reply #9 on: 2 Jun 2005, 01:48 pm »
J&R is my local shop.  www.jr.com

hmen

Circuit City CD Sale...
« Reply #10 on: 2 Jun 2005, 01:55 pm »
Quote from: JoshK
J&R is my local shop.  www.jr.com

J&R is the closest thing I have to a local shop.

Gordy

Circuit City CD Sale...
« Reply #11 on: 2 Jun 2005, 02:13 pm »
Quote from: woodsyi
 Then there is Amazon used.  As for the local shop, I use a record exchange shop....

The nice thing about Amazon dealers is that they are, for the most part, small independents.  After an easy 80 cd purchases I'd say they strictly adhere to the ratings and have very good customer service.  With some cd's as low as $3-5, I'm far more likely to experiment with new artists, which is always a good thing....

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
Circuit City CD Sale...
« Reply #12 on: 2 Jun 2005, 02:34 pm »
Quote from: hmen

Up here in Westchester County there are no more local music shops. Everything is part of a chain and they're way too expensive.

There is still a good one in Mt Kisco:

Exile on Main Street

George

JoshK

Circuit City CD Sale...
« Reply #13 on: 2 Jun 2005, 02:49 pm »
speaking of J&R.  If you go online and do a little browsing there is a ton of 6.99 CDs that are actually good.   For instance, I was looking in the Prog Rock category and there is a bungload of CDs for $6.99.  Worth a look.

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
Circuit City CD Sale...
« Reply #14 on: 3 Jun 2005, 03:19 am »
Quote from: JoshK
speaking of J&R.  If you go online and do a little browsing there is a ton of 6.99 CDs that are actually good.   For instance, I was looking in the Prog Rock category and there is a bungload of CDs for $6.99.  Worth a look.
Thanks for the info Josh...I always forget about them for cd's. I picked up 18 Rock and Jazz cds...at some excellent prices....nice !!! :dance: