« on: 14 May 2005, 10:50 am »
any word on it :?:
might pick it up today-not sure yet,its copy protected :nono:

ted_b

• Volunteer
  • "we're all bozos on this bus" F.T.
new dave mathews-anyone listen yet
« Reply #1 on: 14 May 2005, 12:37 pm »
Copy protected?  I got the DualDisc in the mail on Thurs and immediately ripped the cd side via EAC (car copy and iPod/iTunes needs).  No problem.  If its the disclaimer on the DualDisc that has you worried, that's there because of the non-redbook specs.  DualDiscs specs are slightly too thick for some cd drives....what a joke.  OTOH, if the redbook cd is truly copy protected get the DualDisc for that reason alone, and then copy to a cdr so it works in your various players.

Anyway, haven't listened except when it was going to iTunes yet, though.  I know, I know....I will.   First song sounds a little MOR to me, but second song was classic DMB.  I'll report back.

Ted

Greg Marberry

• http://www.av123.com
« Reply #2 on: 16 May 2005, 05:08 pm »
I actually like the album a lot.  It's different in a lot of ways than their previous stuff but unmistakably Dave.

I also picked up the dual disk but have not yet tried to copy it.  I almost did not buy the album at all due to the "copy protection."

ctviggen

« Reply #3 on: 16 May 2005, 06:01 pm »
I was able to copy Velvet Revolver by holding down the shift key as I put the CD in, then using iTunes to copy it.  I think the same would hold with the DM CD, which my girlfriend just bought, but I haven't tried to copy it yet.

Carlman

« Reply #4 on: 19 May 2005, 05:19 pm »
FYI... I bought the single disk version because I didn't see (or fully comprehend) this thread.  It will not work with EAC... well, it'll read it but just has a sync error trying to write it...

So, I can listen through the supplied interface on the cd or not at all....

Oh, and it doesn't work with Media Player on my machine either... Sounds all choppy... WTF?

-C

PS.. I listened to the whole album tonight... It's OK.  Why go through the efforts of copy protection for such ho-hum music?  It's like copy-protecting elevator music.  I wish DM would do another solo album... 'Some Devil' was a good one. :)

Sa-dono

« Reply #5 on: 20 May 2005, 06:43 am »
I also bought the CD. I have yet to listen to it, or try copying it. I'll have to try later. I doubt they've gotten smart enough to prevent some technique from working. :roll:

ctviggen

« Reply #6 on: 20 May 2005, 01:30 pm »
Try this:  If you have a Winblows machine, when you put the CD in the drawer, hold down the shift key.  Keep holding the shift key for a while (1 minute?  2 minutes?) after the drawer closes.  The shift key prevents automatic sensing of the CD.  Supposedly, there's a small program that automatically loads and messes up copying.  Let me know if this works.

rosconey

« Reply #7 on: 21 May 2005, 10:03 pm »
just got home with a copy-sounds good-

also bought a stray cats best of cd-its very well recorded