INSOMNIA- who else???

Rx8man

Re: INSOMNIA- who else???
« Reply #40 on: 4 Jul 2018, 05:02 pm »
Jhm, that could work for a while :wink:

xr2

« Reply #41 on: 4 Jul 2018, 10:37 pm »
I've never been good at sleeping, but the past couple years have been quite the struggle. 

But to keep this short, one thing I do is to play audiobooks or podcasts to fall asleep.  The trick is to get something interesting enough to capture my attention, but not so interesting or thought provoking as to cause me to want to stay up and listen to it.

But my best suggestion would be to bookend your days.  I have a morning and an evening routine that helps.  In the morning I try to get some exercise and meditation in before checking email or doing anything to engage with the day.  In the evening, I write a journal and plan my next day.  This really helps to get things out of my head and I know that I have a plan to handle what I need to the next day.  Then I get ready for bed, meditate for another 10 minutes, turn on my podcast and turn out the lights.

Other little things:  I have an orange light in the lamp by my bed, a nightlight in the bathroom, and a motion activated night light in my bedroom.  This allows me to not turn on any lights or expose myself to any bright light during those middle of the night pit stops.

charmerci

« Reply #42 on: 5 Jul 2018, 11:16 pm »
I'll take the blonde and insomnia, thank you!

I'm surprised no one has suggested music! (Including me!)

Last night, I woke up just after three and a couple hours later after getting up, I remembered this CD that I used to put on - Mesa Sunrise by John Huling. It's kind of new agey, electronic Native American music. In the dark, it will put most to sleep. I'm sure there's lots out there that does it, like Brian Eno.

FullRangeMan

• Facilitator
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #43 on: 5 Jul 2018, 11:18 pm »
This kind of music put me alert it is very nice and audible.

OzarkTom

« Reply #44 on: 5 Jul 2018, 11:37 pm »
I can easily fall to sleep to music, but wife cannot. Since no music, we both enjoy a noisy fan blowing.

Wind Chaser

« Reply #45 on: 6 Jul 2018, 12:24 am »
Has she tried baroque?

charmerci

« Reply #46 on: 6 Jul 2018, 12:33 pm »
I can easily fall to sleep to music, but wife cannot. Since no music, we both enjoy a noisy fan blowing.

I am not talking about standard music. YouTube Robert Fripp/ Brian Eno. It's soothing ambient music.

OzarkTom

« Reply #47 on: 6 Jul 2018, 01:37 pm »
My wife cannot stand any music when going to sleep. Maybe a rare one? :scratch:

Nick77

« Reply #48 on: 6 Jul 2018, 02:01 pm »

We use a fan for white noise also.  :thumb:

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #49 on: 6 Jul 2018, 04:14 pm »

Me neither - music just engages my brain too much.

charmerci

« Reply #50 on: 6 Jul 2018, 11:52 pm »

Me neither - music just engages my brain too much.

Even "music" like this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y01I0MTixqY

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #51 on: 7 Jul 2018, 12:03 am »

Even "music" like this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y01I0MTixqY

Yes, even music like that is a serious no-go for me.  I need a silent and dark room.  Sometimes I'll use earplugs if I know my wife will be up significantly earlier than I will.

charmerci

« Reply #52 on: 7 Jul 2018, 12:09 am »
Wow - that's interesting.

OzarkTom

« Reply #53 on: 4 Aug 2018, 09:01 pm »
 An update on my Wife's chronic fatigue. She went into the local Biote lab and had the hormone pellets put in her. The very first night and for 15 straight nights now she has slept very well. I hope this continues. Her mood seems to be leveling slightly also, maybe the better sleep?

A lady sales rep has said she has been on it for 5 years and it has been a huge relief. She said it was about three months before she was 100% well. She said she apologized to all her friends about how rotten she had acted. Several of her friends are now on it and they are much better also.

Who knows? I just might try this myself. This is for men also. Here is the link. Highly recommended to women.

https://www.biotemedical.com/