Most annoying musical instrument

nonoise

• A republic, if you can keep it.
Re: Most annoying musical instrument
« Reply #40 on: 19 Apr 2010, 07:15 pm »
To my ears, the most annoying instrument is someone who can't sing and does, anyway.

Ruby Mae

« Reply #41 on: 19 Apr 2010, 07:26 pm »
To my ears, the most annoying instrument is someone who can't sing and does, anyway.

does this include someone singing in the shower ?  :lol:

acresm22

« Reply #42 on: 19 Apr 2010, 07:34 pm »
I must say, I rather like bagpipes, oboe, Hammond B3 and harpsichord. In fact I recall reading something in Stereophile years ago that the harpsichord was probably the most difficult instrument for an audio system to reproduce accurately. Food for thought...

Most annoying music instrument? Without doubt, the sax...

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
« Reply #43 on: 19 Apr 2010, 07:43 pm »
The Bluegrass fiddle.  A bastardization of the lovely Irish fiddle.

Bluegrass Music:  Sung From the Heart;  Sung Through the Nose.    :lol:

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #44 on: 20 Apr 2010, 05:59 am »

dhwilkin

« Reply #45 on: 20 Apr 2010, 12:53 pm »

This, with the caveat that it can still be tolerable to me if the person's vocal tone sounds ok in the first place. If not, like it's naturally shrill or abrasive, there is no more offensive sound in the world to me.

knut_the_viking

« Reply #46 on: 21 Apr 2010, 05:33 pm »
To me I'd have to say harmonica and the accordian.  Both have very little reason to exist. :duh:

Harmonica in the hands (mouth?) of Bob Dylan or Bruce Springsteen, certainly.
Charlie Musselwhite; much more acceptable

funkmonkey

« Reply #47 on: 21 Apr 2010, 05:46 pm »
I don't think there is any annoying instrument.  Only the person playing it could be.

+1  Title should read "Most annoying instrument"...   A "musical instrument" will sound great when played by the right person...   Heck anything will sound great when played by the right person.  I have actually heard a big tractor/jack-hammer thing pounding out a very pleasing rhythm, while it's operator got his groove on busting up a roadway.  Sounded way better than some idiot going nuts on a finely tuned drum kit...  :wink:

sts9fan

« Reply #48 on: 21 Apr 2010, 06:01 pm »
saxamaphone

Ruby Mae

« Reply #49 on: 21 Apr 2010, 06:26 pm »
+1  Title should read "Most annoying instrument"...   A "musical instrument" will sound great when played by the right person...   Heck anything will sound great when played by the right person.  I have actually heard a big tractor/jack-hammer thing pounding out a very pleasing rhythm, while it's operator got his groove on busting up a roadway.  Sounded way better than some idiot going nuts on a finely tuned drum kit...  :wink:

well put  :thumb:

TheChairGuy

« Reply #50 on: 21 Apr 2010, 06:38 pm »
Another vote for the harmonica. 

It's not so troublesome sounding live (un-amplified) in the hands of a good player, but it turns awfully screechy when recorded many times :roll:

John