RMAF demo gear for sale

Wayne1

RMAF demo gear for sale
« on: 13 Nov 2008, 05:22 pm »
The VMPS 626JR SDE speakers and Mike Galusha's highly modded DCX2496 are now available for sale as a package ONLY.

The speakers are only able to be used actively bi-amped. You must have four channel of amplification.

The speakers are finished in satin black and come with the CDWG. They have only been used ar RMAF. They are boxed up and ready to ship.

Here is what they looked like at RMAF.

The package includes the modded DCX2496. This unis now functions as a pre-amp/volume control. It have a pair of balanced analog inputs and a single 75 ohm digital input. It comes with a remote control for volume.

The mods to the DCX include the following updates in addition to the Jan Didden/Linear Audio analog board

New input receiver/sample rate converter/clock designed by Frank Oettle in Germany. This has a 2.6ps jitter master clock that allows synchronous operation of all parts of the DCX. It also contains two on board low noise regulators.

Two low noise regulators also designed by Frank Oettle, one feeds the analog section of the DAC chips and the other the digital section of the A/D converter.

AKM AK4395 DAC chips with the digital section fed by a dedicated 5v low noise regulator.

Felix style power input filter and additional LC filtering between the power supply and the digital board.

AES/EBU digital input path (XLR/relay/ribbon cables) replaced with 75 ohm coax and 75ohm precision resistor replaces 110ohm at input transformer.

It also has wooden side panels.

Here is a shot of the DCX from RMAF

The package price for the speakers and active crossover is $3000.00. This does not include shipping. The units will not be sold separately. It does not include any cables or wiring.

I would be happy to build balanced cables for this system to what ever length you would want. I can also build you speaker cables and AC cables. I do have some speaker cables and AC cables I used at RMAF I would be willing to part with at a good discount.

I also have a pair of Sound Anchor speaker stands custom built for the VMPS 626 that are available for purchase. I do not have any packing material for these so local pick-up is advised.

jrebman

Re: RMAF demo gear for sale
« Reply #1 on: 13 Nov 2008, 09:36 pm »
Somebody should really jump on this -- truly one of my favorite systems this year.  Pick up a set of Bill's EE EL156 monoblocks and you'll be very happy :D.

No affiliations, just really liked what I heard in this room.

-- Jim

Wayne1

« Reply #2 on: 13 Nov 2008, 09:50 pm »
Thanks for the plug, Jim   aa

Brown

« Reply #3 on: 18 Nov 2008, 04:12 pm »
Sounds like a bargin to me. If I was looking they would be mine. good luck.

Wayne1

« Reply #4 on: 18 Nov 2008, 05:15 pm »
Thank you for your comment, Brown.

The 626JR SDE with the modded DCX2496 sounded better in that hotel room then any VMPS demo I have given over the past 5 years.

Plug a modded SB or DUET into the digital input and keep the analog input for a TT and you have a VERY good sounding system for very little money.

You DO need four channel of amplification, but this also allows you to tune the sound to your taste. Tubes for hte mids and highs and maybe a digital amp for the woofer. The DCX allows easy gain matching between different amps. Of course, it can also do room correction.