a bond does not explain love

kyrill

a bond does not explain love
« on: 21 Jun 2008, 04:51 pm »
why do we have the intention to "love" another audiophile, that human being who is, just as I am, so interested in to get good sound?

I mean,  a mercenary with a high knowledge in weapons can meet in a forum another mercenary and share his knowledge on (sometimes) beautiful weapons, but then when  they meet, will they become friends??
If you meet another audiophile who shares yr passion of music and high end reproducti0n, why does goodwill and respect and potential friendship starts to grow?

I have a hard time to make that scientifically a "hard" fact, but how can i deny my own experience?

woodsyi

• Volunteer
  • Always Look on the Bright Side of Life!
Re: a bond does not explain love
« Reply #1 on: 21 Jun 2008, 04:54 pm »
I have no intention to love any man.  :lol: :lol:

Shared passion is a good breeding ground for friendship.

PaulFolbrecht

« Reply #2 on: 21 Jun 2008, 05:53 pm »
Congrats on the strangest post I've ever seen here.

TheChairGuy

« Reply #3 on: 21 Jun 2008, 06:33 pm »
Allright kyrill...I know English is not your primary language in Holland - but, I'm with woodsyi (aka Father Theresa) on this one - I have no intention of getting intimate with my fellow man even if we share passions together :lol:

John

ecramer

• Volunteer
  • In time whats deserved always get served.
« Reply #4 on: 21 Jun 2008, 07:31 pm »
Gona put that one in the can't teach an old dog new tricks category. To late to go bat for the the other side  :lol: no matter how much we have in common.

Ed

kyrill

« Reply #5 on: 23 Jun 2008, 08:35 am »
lol

yeah well i mean NO intrinsic intimate passion with all kinds of body fluids
and watery eyes eehh, not my cup of coffee

I mean it so easy to get to know each other, have a beer, enjoy the same music ( hmm maybe that's it?)
talk about the audio and how further perfection would be possible ( enjoy the same criteria for high quality?)

hmm maybe what i want to express, is that sharing listening to the same music, when the lights are out* is ehh  or can be a ehh, somewhere an intimate experience, which i cannot repeat experience when talking about cars, women, politics or even philosophy
*to listen more magically to the music :nono:

Wind Chaser

« Reply #6 on: 23 Jun 2008, 03:31 pm »
There’s a saying among some women of whose husbands are preoccupied with audio forums and other special interest groups...

Words have a tether and the turd’s get together.

kyrill

« Reply #7 on: 23 Jun 2008, 04:21 pm »
then i must love turds :oops:

giantsteps

« Reply #8 on: 24 Jun 2008, 01:32 am »
lol

yeah well i mean NO intrinsic intimate passion with all kinds of body fluids
and watery eyes eehh, not my cup of coffee

I mean it so easy to get to know each other, have a beer, enjoy the same music ( hmm maybe that's it?)
talk about the audio and how further perfection would be possible ( enjoy the same criteria for high quality?)

hmm maybe what i want to express, is that sharing listening to the same music, when the lights are out* is ehh  or can be a ehh, somewhere an intimate experience, which i cannot repeat experience when talking about cars, women, politics or even philosophy
*to listen more magically to the music :nono:

Kyrill

Your first two paragraphs are what I percieved to be what you were trying to share from the startline. But then your reference to low lights threw me off again. I suggest you get someone with a command of the English language to convey your thoughts. Regardless, all friendships are sparked by a common interest. 100% of my friendships(Male) were nourished by common interest(musicians, amateur and professional) audiophiles,and music lovers. My wife (we are separated) is crazy about tennis and has nourished friendships through the practice of this sport. Lately she developed a passion for bridge and has made a number of friends through this common interest. I think you're over-dramatizing something that is the norm amongst humans.

Frank

kyrill

« Reply #9 on: 24 Jun 2008, 09:31 am »
ah no  i don't

I am well aware that sharing interests and having common idea's and ideals will
greatly enhance friend ships

But i notice listening to music, and getting involved ( the best way is in the evening
with the lights out) is something more  than sharing a common interest

but maybe i am too sensitive? For instance it does make a difference to me with the lights out
not total blackness, not a bat cave. secondly the magic  MUST be there
 a receiver. a JVC amp,  polluted AC wil not do this.
sharing this magic with a person who is equally experiencing it, even a "stranger" that is where my post
refers to

My experience leads to the conclusion that under the rignt circumstances music touches something beyond the ego where all history and ideas can be found, and reaches out to something bigger than us, beyond words.
sharing that with a person is not like sharing any other nice worldly activity except love
ah well no big deal.

topround

« Reply #10 on: 24 Jun 2008, 10:12 am »
I think I know what Kyrill is trying to say.
There does seem to be a bond between us audio nuts that grows into friendship rather quickly.
I have made many friends, some of them have grown to be very good friends, thru music and audio.
Audio bonds us, but later it develops into a regular friendship that involves our families and other Friends.
Look at the rave meetings, that is a lovefest to a small degree. Of course eating and drinking and BSing are a big part of it, but out of it I am sure many have made real friendships.

I made a friend in Pittsburg over the sale of a pair of speakers, now we chat once a week and he and his wife has stayed at my house for a weekend(for Phil's rave) and they will be back in Sept. for my rave, and I know I have an open invite to their place.

Remember, these are strangers, and yet I allow them to stay in my house with my wife and my kids, and yet you know they are good people.

Do you know how much equipment has been left at my house buy other audiophiles to play with?
Chris,(Lonewolf) was the first person I met that lent me equipment,, a Modwright and a Butler, :thumb:
then Jim, (Hogg) again always leaves stuff, now my other friends always leave stuff, and I find myself wanting to lend my stuff out when I can, just to share the experience.

You don't really KNOW these people like people you grew up with, or family, but somehow you trust them, and they trust you.
So ,Kyrill, I know what you mean, and I have seen it in action.
It is no man love thing, but beyond that, and I think that is what has kept me so interested in this hobby, the gear is cool but impersonal, and the music, well you just want to share.

It happens again and again, I meet the coolest people, in the same boat as me.

Its a crazy hobby but a good one