Re: After 3 years finally finish stand for audio
« Reply #1 on: 7 Nov 2020, 06:09 pm »
Looks great - what are the 2 speakers?

james

gberger

• Check 6
« Reply #2 on: 7 Nov 2020, 08:39 pm »
That's a nice Macintosh 2300 tube preamp.  Ideal for vinyl.
From one reviewer:  For vinyl lovers, then, the C2300 is a showcase product, wide open, quiet and detailed. The attack on percussion transients, for example, were fast, precise and crisp, with both mono and stereo programme material.

GrooveControl

« Reply #3 on: 8 Nov 2020, 09:47 pm »
Very nice.  Looks like a dedicated listening space.  No TV, no kids, well done. 

That's a mighty big room, do those smaller towers have any impact in a space that big?

Also, are those monoblocks, or 2 stereo amps, 1 per set of speakers?  I have two sets of speakers in my listening space too, large and small. and amps for each.   

jjss49

« Reply #4 on: 9 Nov 2020, 05:41 am »
Room is 30X28 so glad that it is finished :D

you must be tall  :)

looks great

turnovertherecord

• rain,fog,snow,sun,known to happen on the same day
« Reply #5 on: 9 Nov 2020, 05:08 pm »
Amps are 7B3
Speakers are Usher Mini Dancer 2 DMD ,sound great can fill the room no problem
Smaller ones are Focus Audio FS-788 I would clip my 4B3 amp on these speakers,but with 7B3 no problem,i use these speakers 80% of the time
Pre is a C2300 love this preamp does all i need has Amperex Bugle Boy tubes from late 50`s all 6 tubes matched
Use the OPPO UDP 205 for digital
Turntable is VPI Classic 2 with lots of upgrades
I do vinyl 80% of the time and digital 20% of the time for background
Wire is all Bryston except the TT is VPI wire
I am retired

Craig B

« Reply #6 on: 9 Nov 2020, 06:43 pm »
Nice job!

3 years? It took me 6 to finish this thing:

My pace can best be described as glacial. Fortunately, my wife has the patience of a saint.

gbaby

« Reply #7 on: 9 Nov 2020, 09:59 pm »
Delete

gbaby

« Reply #8 on: 9 Nov 2020, 10:01 pm »
Nice job!

3 years? It took me 6 to finish this thing:

My pace can best be described as glacial. Fortunately, my wife has the patience of a saint.

No home theater I presume.  :o

GrooveControl

« Reply #9 on: 9 Nov 2020, 11:38 pm »
Really nice work guys. They look amazing. Myself, never had the patience for long projects...  45 minutes... :lol:

[/img]

Craig B

« Reply #10 on: 10 Nov 2020, 12:12 pm »
No home theater I presume.  :o

None worth bragging about, for sure. It's not a priority for me or my wife; I'd much rather spend money on a 2-channel audio system, and she doesn't care much about either one.

There's a small Marantz AVR (model 1500-something, like 1508 I want to say) in the center cabinet, and we have Cambridge Audio satellites (the 3 tiny gray cubes flanking and above the TV), with their matching "sub" in the bookcase to the left. Two surrounds are behind the couch, installed in the ceiling. The center cabinet also houses the DVR/cable box, the modem, a $70 blu-ray player and an old Apple TV. It all suits our purposes just fine.

gbaby

« Reply #11 on: 10 Nov 2020, 10:04 pm »
None worth bragging about, for sure. It's not a priority for me or my wife; I'd much rather spend money on a 2-channel audio system, and she doesn't care much about either one.

There's a small Marantz AVR (model 1500-something, like 1508 I want to say) in the center cabinet, and we have Cambridge Audio satellites (the 3 tiny gray cubes flanking and above the TV), with their matching "sub" in the bookcase to the left. Two surrounds are behind the couch, installed in the ceiling. The center cabinet also houses the DVR/cable box, the modem, a $70 blu-ray player and an old Apple TV. It all suits our purposes just fine.

If you had a surround system and played back a decent 5.1 or Quad SACD, you may never go back to two channel. I recently got a turntable, The Pro-Ject Debut Evolution, thinking I'd get back to playing vinyl. But, my digital rig, the Bryston BDP-3 and BDA-3 runs rings around it. A good digital rig is hands down better than vinyl.

redbook

• the music is the blood...........
« Reply #12 on: 10 Nov 2020, 11:46 pm »
 Yes , I find the same . Good digital material and equipment is needed and now we have both available. Bryston has found the key to unlocking it's full potential .  :thumb: My BCD3  is still amazing me with it's incredible realism.....

Craig B

« Reply #13 on: 13 Nov 2020, 12:36 pm »
Not gonna happen for me. For starters, as I said, HT isn't a priority of mine. A good, clear screen and understandable dialogue are all I really care about. And you could best describe my level of interest in multichannel audio as something slightly less than mild curiosity. Add in the fact that I own probably only 20 movies, and well over 99% of my audio software (about 2500 CDs, SACDs and LPs) is 2-channel, so there's little point.

Besides, the budget is finite and fixed. I'm not, and never will be, in a position where if I can spend $$$ dollars on two-channel, I can spend $$$$$ on surround. It's $$$ for whatever I buy. The more pieces of equipment I squeeze into that budget, the poorer their quality will be.

None of that should be taken as criticism of how others spend their money, or of what brings them pleasure. It's just me.