600r power rating (a search didn't provide answers)

glfrancis

What is the amp rated at into 4 ohms? What about bridged? Can it handle a 4 ohm bridged load?

avahifi

Re: 600r power rating (a search didn't provide answers)
« Reply #1 on: 14 Oct 2021, 06:52 pm »
4 ohm rating is double 8 ohm rating up to the maximum 6 ampere speaker fuses. Exceed this and you risk blowing the speakers.

Bridged mode rating would be pushing 800W again with the same 6 ampere maximum speaker fuses.

Four ohm speakers driven from bridged amplifier channels will actually look like a two ohm load. Probably OK at rational sound levels but not the way to play loud.

In any event, you are looking at ear damage here which speaker fuses won't help.

Frank

glfrancis

« Reply #2 on: 14 Oct 2021, 07:01 pm »
Thank you. So way more than I should ever need, buy nice that it is there if the speakers/ music pushed it  :thumb:

Wayner

« Reply #3 on: 14 Oct 2021, 08:44 pm »
Why would you ever need that much power to run a pair of speakers.

Once you are deaf, you can never go back.

aln

« Reply #4 on: 14 Oct 2021, 08:56 pm »
Do you have a 600R?

glfrancis

« Reply #5 on: 14 Oct 2021, 11:24 pm »
Why would you ever need that much power to run a pair of speakers.

Once you are deaf, you can never go back.

Actually I like that is a hybrid. Some speakers I am looking at are mid 80 db and 4 ohm. Haven't decided on a final speaker. i didn't doubt that the amp had enough power. I was just wondering how much power that it had. I don't crank my music that much. Question answered. thank you and thank you for the concern

Wayner

« Reply #6 on: 15 Oct 2021, 12:00 pm »
I find that I listen to music with the volume control at about 9 o'clock. I doubt that produces even 5 watts RMS per channel, probably averaging around 1.5-2 watts with my 88db/m/w speakers. I run AVA stuff in my chain as well. I do have concerns for folks that really run their systems hard. I have many friends that have developed tinnitus, or just plain HF loss from their own listening habits. It takes its toll thru the years.

The loudness rule: if listening at 1 watt and you want it twice as loud, one needs 10 watts, twice again as loud, 100 watts, twice as loud again, 1000 watts. I believe that almost all amp and speaker combos can reach the third level of loudness and the rest of the amps power goes into the category of "head room". I'm sure many will disagree, but that's fine.

glfrancis

« Reply #7 on: 16 Oct 2021, 03:12 am »
Unfortunately I have had tinnitus at one level or another since middle school. I blame my father. I think it is a genetic thing..
Or so said my audiologist