Linksys PLS300 PowerLine AV 4-Port Network Adapter

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
Does anybody have any experience with this Linksys networking product that uses powerlines to connect to a home network?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001J2ZSLO/ref=ox_ya_oh_product

I want to use this device to connect my receiver, blu-ray and squeeze from my HT to my network.  Since the HT is in the basement, trying ethernet over powerlines seemed like the best approach.

From the small amount of research I did, it appears to work as advertised, but just curious to see if anybody out there has used it.

Thanks,

George

AlexG

• Industry Participant
Re: Link sys PLS300 PowerLine AV 4-Port Network Adapter
« Reply #1 on: 10 Aug 2009, 11:11 am »
I have been using one of the early ones (PLE200) for the past two years to stream my Sling box video (HD) from my master bedroom to my my office in the back of the house and works great. The trick at the time was distance and stay on the same "leg" of the electrical panel for some reason. For example, It did not work for my son to connect to the router in his room upstairs....(distance and electrical on the other side of the electrical panel). Perhaps the new units are better.

Alex

NewBuyer

Re: Linksys PLS300 PowerLine AV 4-Port Network Adapter
« Reply #2 on: 10 Aug 2009, 11:19 pm »
Hi George,

We've used various powerline networking devices in our home for many years now too, and they work great.  Extremely convenient, works as well as a direct-wired connection, and never had any issues at all.  We've been very happy with it.