November GTG

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
Re: November GTG
« Reply #20 on: 22 Nov 2008, 04:00 pm »
Ok, here is what I am bringing:

Modwright Transporter (+ a few different NOS tubes)
700GB of music on an external drive
Two sets of Boston Audio Design TuneBlock SE's
Black Sand Power cords (Statement One and Silver Ref Mk V)

All my amps and speakers are staying home.   :wink:

See you this afternoon.

George

BostonHighEnd

« Reply #21 on: 23 Nov 2008, 11:33 pm »
Thanks to all that came!

Thanks also for your patience and help getting the room setup.

George, I was very impressed with the improvements that the ModWright mods made to the Transporter. Thanks for bringing it along.

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #22 on: 23 Nov 2008, 11:43 pm »
Anyone take any photo's ? Thanks.... :thumb:

sts9fan

« Reply #23 on: 24 Nov 2008, 12:18 am »
this is a no evidence type of group.  No photos.  I had a great time!  Thanks Pat for having us over and I look forward to stopping by again.

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #24 on: 24 Nov 2008, 12:44 am »
Pat,

Thanks for having us over to the new store.

The NOLA speakers were quite nice and produced a very spacious sound and filled the room nicely.

It was nice meeting Eric and Kris, while seeing Robin and Gayle again.

I agree that the Modwright Transporter was a noticeable step up (or two) from the stock Transporter.  Maybe next time we can compare it to the Marantz player.

Hope to see you guys soon and have a nice Thanksgiving.

George

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #25 on: 24 Nov 2008, 02:20 am »
Thank you Pat for putting on this preopening store gathering. I' d like to take another drive down next year and take a look at the result of all your hard work once you're open for business. Thanks George for stepping up and helping Pat with all your gear. For me, it was a treat to compare a standard Transporter with George's Modright Transporter. Pretty impressive difference in the sound stage dynamics of the Modright. I was also impressed with the sound stage of the Nola's w/o any toe in. A very attractive price for a 4 driver loudspeaker with external crossovers. :o They should sell real well. :thumb:

Cheers,
Robin
« Last Edit: 24 Nov 2008, 04:18 pm by satfrat »

stereocilia

« Reply #26 on: 24 Nov 2008, 02:20 pm »

Agree.  I had a great time, too.  (Although, I did have a chance to display my occasional basic math ineptitude -- 105 inches equals .... ?  27 feet?   :lol:)

Thanks Pat, and Thanks George for bringing thousands of hours of music to browse.  The comparison between the modified and unmodified transporter was interesting, there was certainly a meaningful difference in sound between them.  Personally, I preferred the Modrwright version to the stock Transporter.  The midrange had more depth and smoothness, the sound overall was more natural, which is not to say that the system did not sound good with the unmodified transporter, it did.

It was good to see everybody there.   :beer: