NFL 2022/23

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
Re: NFL 2022/23
« Reply #200 on: 8 Feb 2023, 12:39 pm »
According to my grandson, Eagles by 17 .........  :P

Two very good teams, either can get on top of the other and dominate.  I'm with your grandson, I think the Eagles will get ahead early and often and will control the game eliminating the issue with Hurts shoulder which isn't getting better with rest and recovery like Mahomes ankle is.  But if Hurts misses receivers badly like in the AFC Championship the KC Royals may grab some interceptions and flip that script.  Should be fun.  One of my son's is hosting this year with his 85" 4k TV and the reclining sectional with my other son coming over.  They're all Steeler fans and don't really care that much, I've no clue if they'll rub it in it the Eagles lose or they'll stand by Grandpa regardless.

Scroof Neachy

• I like to smell stuff
« Reply #201 on: 8 Feb 2023, 03:43 pm »

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #202 on: 9 Feb 2023, 03:59 pm »
So many of us here are in the older demographic.  How many have seen every single Superbowl?  All the way back to January 1967, the NFL-AFL Championship game.  I have.  My dad was a big sports fan, but hated the AFL.  So he viewed it as a farce, the AFL will never complete, and he was never so satisfied when Green Bay won.  And never so upset when Broadway Joe and the Jets won in Superbowl III.  So who else has watched them all?

dpatters

« Reply #203 on: 9 Feb 2023, 04:20 pm »
I’ve seen them all.

Don P

Emil

« Reply #204 on: 9 Feb 2023, 06:49 pm »
So many of us here are in the older demographic.  How many have seen every single Superbowl?  All the way back to January 1967, the NFL-AFL Championship game.  I have.  My dad was a big sports fan, but hated the AFL.  So he viewed it as a farce, the AFL will never complete, and he was never so satisfied when Green Bay won.  And never so upset when Broadway Joe and the Jets won in Superbowl III.  So who else has watched them all?[/img]

I've been to one when I was 14!
Super Bowl X in 1976. Steelers vs Cowboys.
Tickets were $20 face value. Dad paid $40 and bought them from a scalper the day of the game!. Probably $200 in todays money.
Tickets going high 7 figures today

twitch54

« Reply #205 on: 9 Feb 2023, 10:15 pm »
Two very good teams, either can get on top of the other and dominate.  I'm with your grandson, I think the Eagles will get ahead early and often and will control the game eliminating the issue with Hurts shoulder which isn't getting better with rest and recovery like Mahomes ankle is.  But if Hurts misses receivers badly like in the AFC Championship the KC Royals may grab some interceptions and flip that script.  Should be fun.  One of my son's is hosting this year with his 85" 4k TV and the reclining sectional with my other son coming over.  They're all Steeler fans and don't really care that much, I've no clue if they'll rub it in it the Eagles lose or they'll stand by Grandpa regardless.

sounds like fun and I agree with your assessment, just kick back and hope for an entertaining game !

twitch54

« Reply #206 on: 9 Feb 2023, 10:22 pm »
So many of us here are in the older demographic.  How many have seen every single Superbowl?  All the way back to January 1967, the NFL-AFL Championship game.  I have.  My dad was a big sports fan, but hated the AFL.  So he viewed it as a farce, the AFL will never complete, and he was never so satisfied when Green Bay won.  And never so upset when Broadway Joe and the Jets won in Superbowl III.  So who else has watched them all?

yep, as another old fart I too remember them all. Growing up in Bflo it was tough to see the Bills loose to the Chiefs for the rite to the first one only to have them loose four straight in the 90's !

As for your Steeler fans having trouble routing for the Eagles, remind them they were but 'one' during WWII...... the 'Steagles'

dburna

« Reply #207 on: 10 Feb 2023, 05:36 am »
Yup!

Nope - one more Eagles fan here. PA born and raised. GO EAGLES!!

I'll be wearing my #62 Kelce jersey and watching every minute of the game with rapt attention.

-dGB

rodge827

« Reply #208 on: 11 Feb 2023, 09:24 pm »
I’m wearing my Reggie White 92 with Jerome Brown patch. Miss those guys…

Go Boids! Nyuk nyuk nyuk

SteveFord

• Volunteer
  • The poodle bites, the poodle chews it.
« Reply #209 on: 12 Feb 2023, 10:54 pm »
Got my couch guitars tuned up, coffee made, ate dinner, I'm ready.

jjss49

« Reply #210 on: 13 Feb 2023, 03:28 am »
wonderful game, suspenseful, close and toughly fought

legend of patrick mahomes and andy reid continues - smarts and guts - very deserving winners

sorry iggles fans...  the tough thing is, this team won't hold together next year i don't think...

MHL

« Reply #211 on: 13 Feb 2023, 03:51 am »
Go Chiefs!!!  2 wins in 3 SB's over the last 4 years!  Life is great for Chiefs fans!!!

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #212 on: 13 Feb 2023, 12:55 pm »
Mahomes had a courageous performance, but he only dropped back in the pocket twice, and one was a near sack where he tweaked his ankle.  Reid's gameplan to never have Mahomes hold the ball more than 2 seconds won the game.  The Eagles continually beat the Chief's O line only to find an empty hand.  On the other side the Eagles lost the game on three plays.  The Hurts fumble for a touchdown, kicking a fieldgoal instead of going for it on fourth down at the Chiefs 15, and giving up a 65 yard punt return after not running on 3rd and 3 going three and out.  The first one was a possible 14 point flip, the second was a four point flip, the last was a seven point flip.  For me it was the Hurts fumble that changed the game, if the Eagles go up 21-7 they start steamrolling towards the 14 point win I predicted.  Congrats to the Chiefs for a great game.

twitch54

« Reply #213 on: 13 Feb 2023, 03:30 pm »
Go Chiefs!!!  2 wins in 3 SB's over the last 4 years!  Life is great for Chiefs fans!!!

LOL, you show up after the game is over !!!!  :thumb:

twitch54

« Reply #214 on: 13 Feb 2023, 03:31 pm »
Mahomes had a courageous performance, but he only dropped back in the pocket twice, and one was a near sack where he tweaked his ankle.  Reid's gameplan to never have Mahomes hold the ball more than 2 seconds won the game.  The Eagles continually beat the Chief's O line only to find an empty hand.  On the other side the Eagles lost the game on three plays.  The Hurts fumble for a touchdown, kicking a fieldgoal instead of going for it on fourth down at the Chiefs 15, and giving up a 65 yard punt return after not running on 3rd and 3 going three and out.  The first one was a possible 14 point flip, the second was a four point flip, the last was a seven point flip.  For me it was the Hurts fumble that changed the game, if the Eagles go up 21-7 they start steamrolling towards the 14 point win I predicted.  Congrats to the Chiefs for a great game.

Again, perfectly said, agreed ! Although I will say the hold penalty near games end was BS !!  I haven't spoken to my grandson yet, I suspect he's still recovering !

Scroof Neachy

• I like to smell stuff
« Reply #215 on: 13 Feb 2023, 04:28 pm »
Courage and guts? Come on, this guy makes millions of dollars playing a game. He’d run just as fast if his house was on fire.

MHL

« Reply #216 on: 13 Feb 2023, 04:39 pm »

LOL, you show up after the game is over !!!!  :thumb:

3 SB in 4 years with 2 of those resulting in wins because of PM.  Scoreboard!

rockadanny

« Reply #217 on: 13 Feb 2023, 06:17 pm »
the hold penalty near games end was BS
No, not BS. There was one camera angle from above, they showed just once I believe, that clearly showed the hold of receiver's jersey. Stretched out the jersey, so not even minor. Also, the guy called for the hold has admitted it was a hold.
This type of hold does seem to happen a lot and not called, but always should be, if seen.

newzooreview

« Reply #218 on: 13 Feb 2023, 07:31 pm »
The player who committed the foul, James Bradberry, did not dispute the penalty.

“It was a holding. I tugged his jersey. I was hoping they would let it slide,” Bradberry said after the game.

The Eagles coach was not convinced the one penalty was a big factor in their loss:

Eagles head coach Nick Sirianni dismissed the idea that the call was solely responsible for the loss of the game, saying, “It always appears to be one call. … That is not what it is. So many teams contribute to the result of the game. Today they were better.”

It was a good game, and in any game both sides would like certain plays back.

rbbert

« Reply #219 on: 13 Feb 2023, 09:01 pm »
For a play that is a timed throw to a place on the field, what seems to be a minor infraction is more than enough to totally disrupt the play.  A full speed sprint is more than 10 yards per second; delaying the receiver by even half a second makes it appear that the ball was way overthrown.  If he were not the intended receiver, or if it were a play where Mahomes was watching the receiver and planning his throw to the receiver rather than to a place, this might not have been called (or mattered).