A perfect example of Why i Love Odyssey Audio

bunky

« on: 2 Jun 2006, 10:40 pm »
i posted about my Lorelei midbass misfortune here at the Odyssey Circle and i get a PM from Alex at Odyssey telling me that they were going to ship me a brand new Scanspeak 8545 Driver. Klaus called and talked to me on tuesday night and said that he was in California for the Audio Show. he was deeply concerned about immediately taking care of the problem and confirmed that he told the Guys at Indy to send me a new Driver A.S.A.P. keep in mind that i had not yet called Odyssey to report that i had a problem with the Scanspeak Driver.Klaus Bunge is not just an Audio dealer/ manufacturer. Klaus is a Shining example of how Business should and can be conducted if the people who run things go above and beyond the normal Dealer/manufacturer to customer relationship and are totally dedicated to thier craft and thier customers. to me it makes all the difference in the World !  my replacement driver came yesterday and i swaped out the bad driver for the new one and my Beautiful Dark Red Cherry Loreleis are again singing sweetly in my two channel rig.  thanks Guys...WCW III

rosconey

« Reply #1 on: 2 Jun 2006, 11:01 pm »
the man has a spotty reputation at best :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

for those with zero humor-I AM JUST BUSTING CHOPS-his service is top notch

opnly bafld

• 83 Klipsch LSIs
« Reply #2 on: 3 Jun 2006, 12:18 pm »
I had just the opposite experience. :scratch:
When a person takes into consideration that UPS has thousands of employees(each one is not going to care for a package as they should) and handles thousands(millions?) of packages each day and small businesses have only a few employees,(easier to control quality) percentage wise I would say they are pretty close.
Lin

krobertschile

A perfect example of why I love Odyssey
« Reply #3 on: 3 Jun 2006, 03:41 pm »
Herr Klaus sent my Stratos via UPS to Vermont, then my Mom sent it as her luggage with Delta to Atlanta then on to Santiago, Chile!  After claiming it in Santiago, I plugged it in and...voila...impecable.  No problem!
I even saw that it was "frisked, felt up, and maybe even violated "by Homeland Security!  
I guess I shouldn't have declared it a "nuclear-powered amplifier, with a half-life of 20 years"!

Klaus even called me after break-in to answer some of my questions about voltage problems...great customer care. :)

Moral of my story: 1) Trust in Odyssey 2) Cross your fingers, pray AND point towards Mecca that UPS and the airlines won't screw it up!  :lol:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Cheers!

bunky

« Reply #4 on: 3 Jun 2006, 07:35 pm »
Quote from: opnly bafld
I had just the opposite experience. :scratch:
Lin
Would you care to elaborate on this ?

opnly bafld

• 83 Klipsch LSIs
« Reply #5 on: 3 Jun 2006, 09:07 pm »
No

bunky

« Reply #6 on: 4 Jun 2006, 12:48 pm »
Quote from: opnly bafld
bunky,
I sent a PM
Lin
Call Klaus at 317-299-5578 let him know how you feel about it. thanks....WCW III