Soundirok App

Krutsch

Re: Soundirok App
« Reply #40 on: 22 Oct 2016, 08:52 pm »

Ah... I finally figured this one out. For WAV tracks, I found that if I remove the total track tag, Soundirok is able to successfully parse the track numbers and everything else. For example, rather than Track 1 of 10, remove the '...of 10' tag and just have the track numbers alone. And, I was able to number them as 1, 2, 3, ... N without needing to add a padding zero for single digit tracks.

Well, I've thrown in the towel on using WAV files on the BDP-1. I thought this was working, with a small sample of files, but when I converted a larger part of my collection, I found issues with ARTIST vs ALBUMARTIST tags, as well as some still only showing Track #1 for every track within an album. These same tracks are working fine with MinimServer, but since use of ID3 tags in WAV files isn't really a defined part of the spec, I guess that's a file format I'll abandon.

Well, that's too bad; listening to these tracks I felt there was a subtle improvement in playback quality. So, back to FLAC, which seems to be the only reliable format. I'd previously tried AIFF, as well, with different results but still problems parsing the meta data.

BigGeek

« Reply #41 on: 29 Oct 2016, 02:07 pm »
Why not use AIFF? I made the switch a year ago and have never looked back. Same storage of the data as WAV but better tag handling. Works perfectly without having to go to a compressed format that needs decompression during playback.

I had nothing but trouble from WAV tags with the BDP-1. Checked AIFF to determine if I could tell a difference between the sound quality and found that I couldn't. I can definitely hear differences between FLAC and WAV.

BigGeek

« Reply #42 on: 29 Oct 2016, 02:09 pm »
By the way, I see that you said you used AIFF. I have never had a single issue and I use all of the different tag types. I wold give it another try.

Krutsch

« Reply #43 on: 29 Oct 2016, 03:28 pm »
By the way, I see that you said you used AIFF. I have never had a single issue and I use all of the different tag types. I wold give it another try.

What do you use for file tagging with AIFF?

JRace

• Greetings one and Everyone!
« Reply #44 on: 29 Oct 2016, 07:46 pm »
You can also use FLAC with the no compression option.

Krutsch

« Reply #45 on: 29 Oct 2016, 08:40 pm »

That's a great idea... don't know why I didn't think of that. Thanks!  :duh:

BigGeek

« Reply #46 on: 1 Nov 2016, 11:15 pm »
What do you use for file tagging with AIFF?

I use tag&rename to automatically add tags from the folder-file names and I also use db poweramp for tag editing.

BigGeek

« Reply #47 on: 1 Nov 2016, 11:18 pm »

I havent listened to flac that wasen't compressed. I am guessing that it sounds as good as wav? No decompression during playback should mean it sounds as good, right?

JRace

• Greetings one and Everyone!
« Reply #48 on: 3 Nov 2016, 06:46 pm »
I havent listened to flac that wasen't compressed. I am guessing that it sounds as good as wav? No decompression during playback should mean it sounds as good, right?
Yes.

But have also never heard a difference between compressed flac and wav under a DBT.

Krutsch

« Reply #49 on: 13 Nov 2016, 06:29 pm »
FYI ... new version of Soundirok is in the app store.

New feature: synchronization of intelligent sets, collections and device settings in iCloud. Nothing to setup, you just turn it on in the settings.

This is really cool, because if you have to reinstall the app, or buy a new iPad or iPhone, you can just pull down your settings and all of the customized playlists, et al., that you've created.

OTM

« Reply #50 on: 16 Nov 2016, 08:13 pm »
Just started to play with Soundroik (1.8). Does anyone know how to read the  " booklet.pdf" file that has been placed in an Album's music folder?
Artwork is showing up OK and I have booklet.pdf entered under the Booklet Filename field.
Thanks
David

Krutsch

« Reply #51 on: 16 Nov 2016, 08:43 pm »
Tap and hold on an album; the pop-up menu has an open to open the booklet. Opens and views, in-place.

OTM

« Reply #52 on: 16 Nov 2016, 09:23 pm »
Using an iPad
After taping and holding in the "player screen" the cover enlarges full screen but the booklet does not show.
Wonder it it is an ISO problem in that the iPad doesnot want to open a pdf file from within the Soundroik app?
I did try a few other album's as well

Thanks David
Ps: if I use the fileExplorer app on the iPad I can drill down to the album folder and open the Booklet.pdf file

Krutsch

« Reply #53 on: 16 Nov 2016, 09:57 pm »
Two things: 1. the booklet.pdf entry and filename are case-sensitive, so make sure they match and 2. Soundirok will present the option and attempt to load a booklet.pdf whether there is one there, or not. If there is no booklet.pdf, it will load the Manic Moose into the same pop-up window.

OTM

« Reply #54 on: 17 Nov 2016, 12:28 am »
Two things: 1. the booklet.pdf entry and filename are case-sensitive, so make sure they match and 2. Soundirok will present the option and attempt to load a booklet.pdf whether there is one there, or not. If there is no booklet.pdf, it will load the Manic Moose into the same pop-up window.

-Hi

must be user error/finger trouble:
-I have tried upper and lower case

path to drive ie
music\A-Classical\765_8-ensembles-in-1-bit_stereo128\Booklet.pdf

Booklet Filename: is Booklet.pdf

I do not seem to get an option when tapping and holding down on the cover image. - no Manic Moose loads as an alternative either.
is there a script to run or something I do not have set right in the firmware?
David

Krutsch

« Reply #55 on: 17 Nov 2016, 01:33 pm »
-Hi

must be user error/finger trouble:
-I have tried upper and lower case

path to drive ie
music\A-Classical\765_8-ensembles-in-1-bit_stereo128\Booklet.pdf

Booklet Filename: is Booklet.pdf

I do not seem to get an option when tapping and holding down on the cover image. - no Manic Moose loads as an alternative either.
is there a script to run or something I do not have set right in the firmware?
David

Open the album (i.e. select it) and then tap-and-hold where it says: COMPLETE ALBUM.

If there is no booklet, you will see 404 Not Found.

OTM

« Reply #56 on: 17 Nov 2016, 02:50 pm »
Open the album (i.e. select it) and then tap-and-hold where it says: COMPLETE ALBUM.

If there is no booklet, you will see 404 Not Found.

Aha
I was tapping and holding the album's cover or thumbnail.
Once I tapped  on the words "COMPLETE ALBUM" then the menu opened for show booklet

All has been revealed!

Thank you
David

NorthMac

« Reply #57 on: 21 Nov 2016, 01:13 am »
Late to this discussion, but seeing MPad get slower and slower, and no longer updated, led me here.  So I have purchased Soundirok, set it up fairly quickly thanks to those who posted their setup values, and have to say I am impressed with the speed.  Touching a track starts my BDP-1 in a fraction of a second.  The only two real issues I see are:

-  the alphabetic speed scroll feature (ie touch the letter that appears on the right of a long list) works great for artist sort, but does not work at all for album title sort (this is true no matter what view style is selected)

- even though I have local cache selected, the app seems to need to redraw album covers each time you go back to a view.  It does so quickly, so admittedly this does not slow you down, but the flash of the constant redrawing detracts a bit from what otherwise is a great app.

Overall I must thank Daniel for keeping the MPD app world up to date and alive.  :beer:

urfurt

« Reply #58 on: 23 Nov 2016, 02:07 am »
Just a quick note on DSD files: If you have album art embedded in the tag of each .dsf song on an album, the album will not show up on Soundirok. Keeping a copy of the art as Folder.jpg in the album file only make it all work great.

Krutsch

« Reply #59 on: 23 Nov 2016, 03:30 am »

Overall I must thank Daniel for keeping the MPD app world up to date and alive.  :beer:

+1