Hynes regulators in Empirical Audio gear at RMAF

audioengr

Hynes regulators in Empirical Audio gear at RMAF
« on: 19 Oct 2010, 09:13 pm »
This year virtually all of our gear had at least one Hynes regulator in it.  Made a huge difference.  In fact, Paul delivered a bunch of regulators last minute to put into one Overdrive DAC (uses up to 10 of them) and I installed them just before leaving for Denver. 

I figured that it was not broken-in enough for the show, so this one sat mostly on the table.  We decided to give it a try on Sunday.  What a difference.  Should have used it all days I guess.

Good work Paul.

Steve N.
Empirical Audio

poseidonsvoice

• Science is not a democracy - Earl Geddes
    • 2 channel/7 channel setup
Re: Hynes regulators in Empirical Audio gear at RMAF
« Reply #1 on: 19 Oct 2010, 09:21 pm »
Most of us diy'ers know that Paul's shunt regulators are the finest in the industry. I don't build even one component without them, unless its a large power amp or if regulation isn't an issue (which it almost always is...heh, heh)

:wink:

Anand.

Paul Hynes

• Facilitator
    • http://www.paulhynesdesign.com
Re: Hynes regulators in Empirical Audio gear at RMAF
« Reply #2 on: 20 Oct 2010, 03:10 pm »
Hi Steve,

It was unfortunate that there was a delay with the circuit boards for these regulators. You didn’t get much time to fit the regulators let alone run them in. I’m pleased they made such a difference even without much break-in. I’m sorry you didn’t get the modified Overdrive in the system until Sunday. Show set up can be tricky with so many issues to deal with. Sometimes things all fall into place and sometimes they don’t. I’ve had similar experiences here in the UK. Thankfully I have no further need to exhibit at shows. If I ever go to another show it will be for pleasure.

Anyone wanting to upgrade older EA equipment should contact Steve for this. The regulators he is using are custom designed to fit his equipment both physically and electrically. They are not available from me.

Hi Anand,

Your support is appreciated. Thank you.

Regards
Paul