A Revelation for Me

Mag

A Revelation for Me
« on: 27 Sep 2021, 10:37 pm »
 Okay, I wanted to replace my laptop my secondary computer because it is too slow and outdated processor. Could not upgrade the Ram memory from 4 to 16 gigs as I was sure this was part of the problem with this computer. The sales lady offered me a number of computers to upgrade to, refurbished etc. but none of them I was particularly keen on. Truth is I wanted another i7 but did not want to spend that much. Anyway she showed me an MSI Trident 3 and I bit, fairly good graphics card Nvidia 1060, i5 10th or 11th generation processor, 5 usb ports, but no cd drive, for $1300 cdn.

Got it up and running after several hours and decided to sit back and relax. Noticed it has a headphone jack so I thought I would try the ear buds I found on a vacant slot machine at work. Using Amazon HD music on highest sound quality level, I was surprise by how good it sounded. So then I wondered if my Beyerdynamics Custom Studios headphones would work through this computer headphone port. It was very satisfying how good the sound quality is, definitely comparable to my much more expensive main loudspeaker system. I would have liked to have had a mixer to boost the mid-range but as it was the sound quality from these headphones was damn good. With the bass adjust switch on the side of these Cans, it had the sonics of my main rig just not the physical feel of low bass frequencies.

The cost of this setup with computer, headphones, Amazon HD subscription, internet fees is approx. $2000 cdn. Kind of makes me feel like an idiot for spending 20 times that on the main rig. :duh:
« Last Edit: 28 Sep 2021, 10:59 pm by Mag »

Mag

Re: A Revelation for Me
« Reply #1 on: 28 Sep 2021, 10:58 pm »
Added VoiceMeeter mixer download. Using Virtual input at 96khz sampling rate and Treble, Mid & Bass adjusted to my liking. IMO the sound coming through my Beyerdynamics Custom Studio headphones is damn near perfect. Depends on song recording now, how much it is compressed seems to be the factor(loudness war). :smoke:

Mag

Re: A Revelation for Me
« Reply #2 on: 29 Sep 2021, 04:32 am »
Thought it may help to provide a screenshot of my music playback setup. The graphics equalizer I believe belongs with the Voice Meeter software from what I can tell. I had downloaded another program thought it may have come from that one. Anyway I played with it and it seems to have done something. :scratch: