WELL TEMPERED AMADEUS WITH KOETSU

hesson11

Re: WELL TEMPERED AMADEUS WITH KOETSU
« Reply #20 on: 7 Jun 2010, 08:34 pm »
I bet you have some great records that you've never really heard with the analog you have now.  Possible?

Don't bet too much on that, 'Killer!

threadkiller

« Reply #21 on: 8 Jun 2010, 05:01 am »
Ha!  I know your tables, sort of, and I'm a betting man, so I'd be willing to bet on this one....I will say the Oracle is certainly nicer looking than an Amadeus.  There's one at a local repair shop, always catches my eye when I walk in the room.  But that's all it catches....lol...

Erocka2000

« Reply #22 on: 29 Mar 2012, 03:58 pm »
Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but does anyone know what Vikeby's resolution was?  It appears that all of his posts have been deleted.  From what I gather, I'm experiencing a similar problem, with most of the sound coming from the right side.  I've tried all different speaker arrangements, but cannot get it to center the sound.  Any help would be most appreciated.

threadkiller

« Reply #23 on: 29 Mar 2012, 04:03 pm »
I thought your dealer was coming by to sort it.

Erocka2000

« Reply #24 on: 29 Mar 2012, 04:57 pm »
He is. He came by for a long time last night trying to diagnose the problem. It was getting pretty late so he will come back again with some extra interconnects and other test records. I'm just trying to find out some other things we can try. I just wanted to see if Vikeby's issue was able to be rectified, i.e. was it the tonearm wire or cartridge?

threadkiller

« Reply #25 on: 29 Mar 2012, 07:26 pm »
I wish I could fly in... your situation is driving me crazy.
I must have resolution here!  Lol
Do not die off til you get sorted and report back. 

roscoeiii

« Reply #26 on: 29 Mar 2012, 07:39 pm »
I imagine some test records, a multimeter and an SPL meter will get you sorted out nicely. Good luck.

gagamut

« Reply #27 on: 2 Apr 2012, 10:56 am »
Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but does anyone know what Vikeby's resolution was?  It appears that all of his posts have been deleted.  From what I gather, I'm experiencing a similar problem, with most of the sound coming from the right side.  I've tried all different speaker arrangements, but cannot get it to center the sound.  Any help would be most appreciated.
Hi Erocka,i think you need to check SET UP again (manual page5),make sure the direction is correct. :D

Erocka2000

« Reply #28 on: 2 Apr 2012, 01:44 pm »
My setup is totally correct.  I've checked it multiple times.  Even my dealer did.  I think it may be the cartridge itself.  Over the weekend I swapped the leads connected to the cartridge and the sound flipped to the other side.

threadkiller

« Reply #29 on: 3 Apr 2012, 03:14 am »
Good... now I can sleep easy.
I got told that that was the first thing you should have tried.
I didn't know that one, guess I've never had that problem!