Isolation platforms

tricka

Isolation platforms
« on: 24 Jun 2012, 07:06 am »
Have had a weekend experimenting with different isolation platforms and my Simplex.

A TAOC isolation platform +/- footers
Solid Tech Feet of SIlence
Ikea Lack table top + Blue Tak.

And the winner in my set up ...Feet of Silence, but close second and bang for buck Ikea Lack. TAOC a third. Feet of Silence gave more of everything, Lack excelled at allowing the musical flow to come forth and the TAOC blunted the sound but gave a very solid bass: too much for my system and room.

Bearing in mind its all sitting an incredibly heavy and inert deco 50's sideboard my wife stores her bone china in...

So what to do? for me be happy with the Lack and spend the extra on vinyl....

SYSTEM: Simplex/xx2/P75 - Meldoy Astro Black 22 (i2a3) - Dallas II horns. AR Sound Cables. Grave Science Speaker cables.

Kt77

Re: Isolation platforms
« Reply #1 on: 24 Jun 2012, 11:38 am »
Hi Tricka, It's good to catch you here again, I'm using the Symposium Rollerball " HDSE " Jr's underneath mine. Back when I owned a WTL Classic mk V I used the Marigo Labs Micro Suspension System underneath it sitting atop a Signal Guard II to great affect. As I pride myself on very very much being into Isolation Devices and am quite taken with Ebony Wood devices from both Shun Mook and Yamamoto Sound Craft - as this was something that I picked up on while in Japan during the mid 70's, they're more into isolating each and every component within their system as a means to voice them accordingly. Something to do with " Tone Woods " before it became popular in the states during the late 80's. The Art of Refinement I'd say. Cheers, Oscar

tricka

« Reply #2 on: 24 Jun 2012, 12:15 pm »
wow - nice gear; all a little exotic for me. I like a solid platform: makes me feel more secure ha ha.

have a great Sunday mate.

thanks for sharing.

Andy

gagamut

« Reply #3 on: 24 Jun 2012, 02:55 pm »
Hi,i try FE cerabase ,but it's not suitable for WT amadeus,and i think may be the amadeus is not hearvy, :D

Shakeydeal

« Reply #4 on: 25 Jun 2012, 01:03 pm »
That huge sideboard is storing energy and potentially releasing it into the table. Sure, you can use fancy footers to alleviate this, but something lighter and more rigid will improve the situation.

Shakey

tricka

« Reply #5 on: 26 Jun 2012, 04:36 am »
something lighter and more rigid will improve the situation.

Um...like a Lack table top??

Shakeydeal

« Reply #6 on: 26 Jun 2012, 04:31 pm »
Um...like a Lack table top??

Um.... yes. As long as the Lack table top is not perched on a big ole honking piece of furniture designed to hold china.

Shakey

tricka

« Reply #7 on: 30 Jun 2012, 11:28 pm »
More experimentation - plonked the TAOC on top of the Lack and everything tightened up but most importantly the noise floor dropped.

@ shakey no choice with the lumping great display cabinet: wife dictates it stays....happy wife = happy life!