Pictures of my rig with Omega Speakers

vinagunner

Re: Pictures of my rig with Omega Speakers
« Reply #120 on: 11 Dec 2015, 10:28 pm »
v
« Last Edit: 15 Mar 2016, 03:35 am by vinagunner »

pstrisik

• Holding pattern in Audio Nirvana in the PNW!
« Reply #121 on: 12 Dec 2015, 01:36 am »
Nice!

The pics seem to dry up here?  :|

:thumb:

guillaume bougard

« Reply #122 on: 12 Dec 2015, 10:10 am »
Nice
what do the marble slabs on top of the speakers do?

pstrisik

« Reply #123 on: 12 Dec 2015, 03:59 pm »
Nice
what do the marble slabs on top of the speakers do?

They are both part of the aesthetic design plan and very heavy to help with damping.  They look a bit odd as is with the stand arrangement but, when I get the woofers from Louis, they should look something like this:

Not marble but petrified wood embedded in hardened sediment (as hard and heavy as granite):

The overall plan is here:
http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=134489.0

I'm having fun!   :D

............Peter

rajacat

• Washington State
« Reply #124 on: 12 Dec 2015, 05:34 pm »
What material did you use between the petrified wood and the cabinet? Also what material will be under the Super Alnico Monitors to dampen the midwoofers?
Where did you source the petrified wood?

Thanks,

Roy

pstrisik

« Reply #125 on: 12 Dec 2015, 06:01 pm »
What material did you use between the petrified wood and the cabinet? Also what material will be under the Super Alnico Monitors to dampen the midwoofers?
Where did you source the petrified wood?

Thanks,

Roy

Roy.....  Using, and will use, Herbie's fat dots.  The slabs were remnants from a countertop shop.  They cut  to size and polished the edges for me.

.........Peter

SSM

• formerly 'conrad-Jin'
« Reply #126 on: 22 Jan 2016, 07:47 pm »
Not that keen about sharing panoramic shots of my home with the world wide web, so this simple snap will suffice.

A double-Omegian am I 8), and I think a third could be on its way in 2016 :o :lol:

My Super Alnico and Super 3i monitors with my customized Sun Audio 25th Anniversary 2A3 SET amp. Fed by a conrad-johnson ET3SE preamplifier and a Primare DAC30.

Words fail to express the joy this system has given to my music-loving soul. :D

Special thanks to Rob for helping nudge me towards purchasing the Super Alnico with his informative posts. :notworthy:

SS

« Last Edit: 25 Jan 2016, 04:15 pm by SSM »

Canada Rob

• Industry Participant
    • Industry Participant
« Reply #127 on: 22 Jan 2016, 08:08 pm »
You are most welcome SS.  Nice gear you have there.  I too have the same speakers as you do and love them.  My Alnicos are powered with a Decware Super Zen Select and my Super 3i's with a Wolf Ear Kitoki.  :thumb:

SSM

• formerly 'conrad-Jin'
« Reply #128 on: 22 Jan 2016, 08:22 pm »
Touche. :wink:

I was initially sceptical about several of your posts comparing the 3i with the Super Alnicos, but now having owned both speakers, I'll say your comments are quite free of hyperbole. The 3i is one kind of fabulous, the Super Alnico is fabulous on another planetary level. The 3i is like Mercury, the Alnico is Jupiter. :thumb: And their magic is dependent on my Sun. :green:

If the stars align this year, I would be having a customized type 45 triode SET amp driving a pair of Omegas nearing 98dB sensitivity which hopefully Lord Louis can rummage up in his workshop. :)

cheerSS

ozoid

« Reply #129 on: 23 Jan 2016, 05:25 am »
Seems as though you have an eminently musical collection of gear.

When do you hookup the 3is and when do you go with the alnico's?

And what do you expect to gain from the 45 amp compared to the 2A3?

I'm digging on tunes through the Decware 84UFO and wide baffle alnico minitorss and I'm always interested in other's takes on how to get the most of the alnicos, which I find to be glorious across a wide spectrum of music.

SSM

• formerly 'conrad-Jin'
« Reply #130 on: 23 Jan 2016, 04:16 pm »
They don't take turns to sip from the 2A3 SET. :P I have got two more single-ended power amps, an EL84 and a 6V6 (it also accepts KT88 & KT90, re: my avatar). They are the ones taking turns to drive the 3i in another room. The Alnico and 3i were briefly reunited for a photo op during the festive season, to show their relative scale.

What am I expecting from a 45 triode SET? A beautiful looking amp, first of all, to satiate my collector's lust for lovely tube amps.:lol: Ideally, it will provide yet another different perspective when I listen to my music to it through the Alnico and 3i. The Alnico lets me experience familiar music through different 'sound worlds' depending on the output valve. Of the five I tried, the one that reigns supreme is the exquisite 2A3. There's something to be said for a true triode SET amp. :inlove:

I'll be interested to see how the 45 stacks up against the 2A3, later this year.

SS

tlarwa

« Reply #131 on: 24 Jan 2016, 06:17 am »

I had to share ...

My Aperiodic 8's with Hempcone drivers.  The tweeters on the top are Vifa ring radiators crossed at about 4500Hz.  Attenuated way down, there to add a little "sparkle".  The subs are DIY 8" Triska designs, run in stereo.  They really do a nice job filling out the low end.  The stands are Skylan.  Running a RWA Signature 30.2 LFP-V, through a fully-modded Khozmo passive preamp, which gives me 3 inputs.  Analog front end is an upgraded Jolida JD9 and a Marantz (Clearaudio) TT15S1 table with an AT OC9/MLII LOMC cartridge.  This is my dedicated listening room, which was purpose-built a couple years back, and is my "haven".  Every home should have one  :D

I have really enjoyed the Omega's, which have fully replaced my Klipsch Forte IIs and Mark Audio 12p Super Pensils (which I built and were really terrific floorstanders).  But what everyone says about the Omega/RWA synergy is true!

« Last Edit: 17 Feb 2016, 02:09 pm by tlarwa »

roscoe65

« Reply #132 on: 24 Jan 2016, 01:27 pm »
SS,

Is that a Dennis Had amp in your avatar?

Rosco

They don't take turns to sip from the 2A3 SET. :P I have got two more single-ended power amps, an EL84 and a 6V6 (it also accepts KT88 & KT90, re: my avatar). They are the ones taking turns to drive the 3i in another room. The Alnico and 3i were briefly reunited for a photo op during the festive season, to show their relative scale.

What am I expecting from a 45 triode SET? A beautiful looking amp, first of all, to satiate my collector's lust for lovely tube amps.:lol: Ideally, it will provide yet another different perspective when I listen to my music to it through the Alnico and 3i. The Alnico lets me experience familiar music through different 'sound worlds' depending on the output valve. Of the five I tried, the one that reigns supreme is the exquisite 2A3. There's something to be said for a true triode SET amp. :inlove:

I'll be interested to see how the 45 stacks up against the 2A3, later this year.

SS

FireGuy

« Reply #133 on: 24 Jan 2016, 01:42 pm »
Very nice rig.  I'm Heading out for a two-week hiatus with limited access to email and the web.  I think I can do it. 

SSM

• formerly 'conrad-Jin'
« Reply #134 on: 24 Jan 2016, 04:34 pm »
SS,

Is that a Dennis Had amp in your avatar?

Yes. :)
Wonderful man, wonderful amp designer. He knows how to turn out a great single-ended 6V6. :thumb:

SS

Canada Rob

• Industry Participant
    • Industry Participant
« Reply #135 on: 13 Feb 2016, 10:04 pm »
Here's my latest room system.  Details here: http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=140245.0

Canada Rob

• Industry Participant
    • Industry Participant
« Reply #136 on: 13 Feb 2016, 10:08 pm »
Latest Desktop system.  Details here (scroll down): http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=139891.0

Canada Rob

• Industry Participant
    • Industry Participant
« Reply #137 on: 15 Feb 2016, 09:30 pm »
Let's see some pictures of Omega desktop systems too.  With the amount of time people spend at their computers, it amazes me this area of audio doesn't get more serious attention, especially with the likes of Tidal and Spotify to listen to.

pstrisik

« Reply #138 on: 15 Feb 2016, 10:11 pm »
Let's see some pictures of Omega desktop systems too.  With the amount of time people spend at their computers, it amazes me this area of audio doesn't get more serious attention, especially with the likes of Tidal and Spotify to listen to.

Cuz my desk at home is in my theater room!   :thumb:

........Peter

jorgen

« Reply #139 on: 15 Feb 2016, 10:18 pm »

I had to share ...

My Aperiodic 8's with Hempcone drivers.  The tweeters on the top are Vifa ring radiators crossed at about 4500Hz.  Attenuated way down, there to add a little "sparkle".  The subs are DIY 8" Triska designs, run in stereo.  They really do a nice job filling out the low end.  The stands are Skylan.  Running a RWA Signature 30.2 LFP-V, through a fully-modded Khozmo passive preamp, which gives me 3 inputs.  Analog front end is an upgraded Jolida JD9 and a Marantz (Clearaudio) TT15S1 table with an AT OC9/MLII LOMC cartridge.  This is my dedicated listening room, which was purpose-built a couple years back, and is my "haven".  Every home should have one  :D

I have really enjoyed the Omega's, which have fully replaced my Klipsch Forte IIs and Mark Audio 12p Super Pensils (which I built and were really terrific floorstanders).  But what everyone says about the Omega/RWA synergy is true!

Very nice room, and you are probably stating the obvious, everyone should a dedicated room ( add aswell as..)
i like your setup as well, seems like you developed according to a plan. Again, very nice