Demo Exotica 3's - SOLD

jsalk

Demo Exotica 3's - SOLD
« on: 9 Sep 2014, 03:15 pm »
When we set out to design the Exotica 3's, we thought we'd try a little something different.  Our prototype cabinets featured a high-gloss automotive finish and curved side panels with burled imbuya veneer in a book-match pattern.

We showed these speakers at Axpona in Chicago last spring and the Capital Audiofest in Washington DC in July.  The response was overwhelmingly positive.

Customers who ordered the first production pairs of these speakers opted for a more conventional cabinet design much like our SoundScape 8's. So that is what the standard production build will be like (although we can certainly do this type of cabinet in the future as well).

We are in the process of finishing up a new pair of Exotica 3's featuring the final production version of this cabinet.  We will be showing them at next month's Rocky Mountain Audiofest.  So we have no need for this particular pair at this time and thought we'd offer someone a chance to purchase them.

Here are some photos...

And a close-up...

The base price for a pair of Exotica 3 speakers is $11,995 per pair.  This pair also includes a $700 high-gloss automotive finish and four side panels with imbuya burl which would run about $400.  So the total cost to build this pair would be $13,095.

This pair is in new condition.  But since it was used at two audio shows, it is available for $9,995 and can be shipped in a matter of days.

- Jim
« Last Edit: 5 Mar 2021, 04:59 pm by jsalk »

yetis

Re: Demo Exotica 3's
« Reply #1 on: 14 Sep 2014, 12:12 pm »
I so want these.  If there was a speaker fairy that could pack up the SS8's, sell them and brings these in, then I would own them..

Big Red Machine

« Reply #2 on: 14 Sep 2014, 05:03 pm »
I so want these.  If there was a speaker fairy that could pack up the SS8's, sell them and brings these in, then I would own them..

There are always folks here who want 8's.  Give it a try.  We will help.

Tomy2Tone

« Reply #3 on: 14 Sep 2014, 05:40 pm »
There are always folks here who want 8's.
Ding!

Just curious what you heard that makes you want to switch?

mr_bill

« Reply #4 on: 14 Sep 2014, 08:32 pm »
What finish are your S8s?  Any pics?

benguin

« Reply #5 on: 15 Sep 2014, 04:32 am »
Even though I've got a beautiful SS8 based system going, seeing this post from Jim had me wondering if I could find a way to get these beauties into my family room for main floor listening.  I was lucky enough to have the SS8s in there while completing my downstairs, and it completely spoiled me.

Someone is going to be very very lucky! 
   Ben

Wolfpack85

« Reply #6 on: 15 Sep 2014, 05:03 am »
I had my eye on another DIY build but that has fallen apart. These are now on my very short list.

yetis

« Reply #7 on: 16 Sep 2014, 02:43 am »
What finish are your S8s?  Any pics?

These are mine. Don't get me wrong, their (SS8's) great, but these (exotica) would fit a little better. 

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=106370.msg1148818#msg1148818