RP-504c
« Last Edit: 9 Nov 2021, 02:01 am by Shives »

Chewbacca

Re: GR Research Owner's Audition List
« Reply #161 on: 24 Nov 2021, 07:06 pm »
Danny, 30mins north of Milwaukee.

NX-Otica (upgraded crossovers)
GR 24-strand speaker cable
Rythmik F15HP (building a pair of dual or triple OB subs in maybe 6 months from this post)

Components:
Rega Planar 3 (modded) w/ SoundSmith Zephyr
Eastern Electric Minimax Phono
Musical Paradise MP-D2 MKIII DAC
Dodd Audio Battery preamp
Odyssey Kismet in Khartago monoblocks

Plenty of Vinyl, Qobuz, and Scotch! :thumb:

Atom666

« Reply #162 on: 7 Dec 2021, 08:04 pm »
Anyone with  NX-Otica or Xtremes with OB subwoofers in or around Toronto or Southern Ontario?
Thanks
Andrew

Atom666

« Reply #163 on: 9 Dec 2021, 10:49 pm »
Maybe I need to expand my search area to Western NY, Northern PA and Michigan

jacobm3

« Reply #164 on: 10 Dec 2021, 11:05 pm »
Anyone in Houston have NX-Otica or X-Static? Trying to decide between these two for a small, oddly shaped living room.

Vince in TX

« Reply #165 on: 28 Jan 2022, 03:26 pm »
Anyone in Houston have NX-Otica or X-Static? Trying to decide between these two for a small, oddly shaped living room.

Sorry for the late response.   I just noticed this.   I am running fully-upgraded X-Static speakers with an X-Voce in a 7.3.4 Dolby ATMOS Home Theater configuration.   I have a pair of Odyssey Kismet amplifiers (one stereo, one mono) attached to the front channel (L/R/C).  As an added bonus, you can hear the GR Research A/V-1RS Surround speakers and a pair of "Double Trouble" (formerly Servo Sub 4) subwoofers.   Shoot me a direct message if you're still looking.

Simon

« Reply #166 on: 8 Mar 2022, 05:19 pm »
Speaking of auditioning and audio shows, will you or your speakers be attending the Axpona show this year?

Danny Richie

« Reply #167 on: 8 Mar 2022, 09:46 pm »
Speaking of auditioning and audio shows, will you or your speakers be attending the Axpona show this year?

Someone there could be using our speakers, but we are not going there to exhibit.

NoahH

« Reply #168 on: 9 Mar 2022, 02:27 am »
Is there any sort of 'fyi - we are using your stuff' amongst companies in the industry for stuff like that?

rockymystic

« Reply #169 on: 24 Mar 2022, 02:30 am »
jason
clayton nc
near the intersection of I95 & I40
NX-tremes
stereo pair of triple subs
Musical Fidelity M8xi "current to spare"
Hello cynadon, i live near Raleigh... is it okay for you to demo your nx-extremes... somehow i m not able to pm you.

Kaiju2189

« Reply #170 on: 14 Apr 2022, 07:23 pm »
Anyone in the Nashville area. Would love to hear the Oticas and the XLS encores if possible. H frame subs would just be a bonus.  :D

Theronbo

« Reply #171 on: 15 Apr 2022, 06:12 am »

North Houston… Montgomery County. Just south of Montgomery.

X-Statiks with X-Voce & AV/1s in 7.2.4 system Denon AV 11 channel receiver with a Krell amp for front LR

Not the best room treatment…  20x30 room with 11 1/2’ ceiling…

No tube connectors… no audiophile cables … certainly no cable risers…  standard cross overs from original kit… don’t think you can buy these anymore… current kit has premium parts.

Hey, it’s a process…

Bullitt5094

« Reply #172 on: 15 Apr 2022, 11:56 am »
I have Encores in Bastrop near Austin. 2 hours-ish away. They are not in my main system, but could easily be placed there for an audition. Lyngdorf amp, Feickert Turntable, The new GR speaker wires. Pretty high-end interconnects, HTPC with SOTA internal fed by Roon/QOBuz. But alas... no wire stands either. Maybe someday.

Heck, Danny is up near Dallas. You should just go to the source and listen. Although I never really figured out if he offers a demo service up there.

Vince in TX

« Reply #173 on: 19 Apr 2022, 01:37 pm »

Heck, Danny is up near Dallas. You should just go to the source and listen. Although I never really figured out if he offers a demo service up there.

He does.   Just let him know in advance that you're thinking about heading up there.   And according to Hobbs, he's another two hours outside of Dallas, so it might be an overnight trip for those of us near Houston and Austin.

BicycleJoe

• It's all in one note
    • BicycleJoe Lo-Fi Sound and Vision You Tube Channel
« Reply #174 on: 23 May 2022, 12:32 am »
NYC, NY so nice and full of spice.
Has anyone in the 5 Boro's built the NX Otica OB's that could share their experience with me.
I am a new member here on AC but would welcome an Invitation.
I'll bring the wine.
Thanks
Bicycle Joe Lo Fi Sound and Vision

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #175 on: 23 May 2022, 04:37 am »
I have Encores in Bastrop near Austin. 2 hours-ish away. They are not in my main system, but could easily be placed there for an audition. Lyngdorf amp, Feickert Turntable, The new GR speaker wires. Pretty high-end interconnects, HTPC with SOTA internal fed by Roon/QOBuz. But alas... no wire stands either. Maybe someday.

I went to high school in Bastrop.  Small world.

Bullitt5094

« Reply #176 on: 23 May 2022, 12:46 pm »
We just moved here but are enjoying the area. Out of the train wreck of Austin's government/taxes/homeless but close enough to enjoy the good points of Austin. But Bastrop is very cool itself. Paw-Paw's is still here and now we have our own Buc-ees. What more do you need? LOL  Quite a quaint area in the TX Hill Country.

Vince in TX

« Reply #177 on: 24 May 2022, 03:28 pm »
We just moved here but are enjoying the area. Out of the train wreck of Austin's government/taxes/homeless but close enough to enjoy the good points of Austin. But Bastrop is very cool itself. Paw-Paw's is still here and now we have our own Buc-ees. What more do you need? LOL  Quite a quaint area in the TX Hill Country.

I used to have 2 1/2 acres and a double-wide in Cedar Creek.   That was before they built the International airport (was still the abandoned AFB).   Sooooo much has changed there in the last 24 years since I lived there.

Bullitt5094

« Reply #178 on: 25 May 2022, 02:43 am »
Oh I'm sure! Most of it burned down since then in fact. But I assume you know that.

DonS

« Reply #179 on: 7 Jul 2022, 02:06 am »
Hi everyone!
First time visitor to any audio forum of any kind. I'm in the Phoenix Az, area. Looking to make new friends who would like to hear Danny's amazing products. I'm a new meber so cannot send/ receive PM's until the minimums are met but Danny has my contact info if you're interested.

Proud owner of the following:
NX-Otica's (FULLY UPGRADED)
2 triple stack servo subs.
most of my gear sports his B24 power cables
I also use his speaker cables/ Tube connectors throughout