Pictures of TOTAL LOW WATT SYSTEMS (pictures and brief sentence-no more)

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
The horns are wood or other material?

jmolsberg

So many good LQQking stereos. I can listen to my one watt all day and night! 😊

« Last Edit: 26 Jul 2019, 07:00 pm by jmolsberg »

Bemopti123

The horns are wood or other material?

The Oris are fiberglass I believe.  The only wood horns of that size I have ever seen are the Sierra Brooks horns made in Southeast Asia. 

SET Man

Oris-150 horns w/ new Voxativ AC-2.6 drivers + custom base enclosures with bd-15 drivers.  Horns running full range off the Coiencident Frankenstein-II 300B monoblocks and the base enclosures are powered by a Crown K2 and using miniDSP for the low pass filter.  Front end is all PS Audio at present but also use Sonic Frontiers from time to time.  PSA-BHK-Signature Pre, PSA-Direct Stream DAC w/ Bridge-II, PSA-Memory Player.

Hey!

Man! That's a nice first post there. Welcome to AC. Love those Oris horns. I actually thought about getting them back then, but they were a bit out of my budget, more complicated than I would want and more importantly I didn't have enough space for them in my NYC's apartment :icon_lol:

Anyway, some great looking low power systems here :thumb:

Buddy

Tinear1

Yep...  funny, I have been toting around the BD-15 woofers for about 12 years from house to house.  Earlier this year I contacted Bert and he actually had a pair of 150 horns ready to go but tried to get me to go 200 or even better the Orphian dual horn driver.  But it was the Oris-150 back in the day that got me interested in horn speakers - got very close to buying the Moondog (based on the Oris 150) from Welborn at a THE show in Vegas long ago.  I really dont have the space for them either but here they are and frankly sound quite good using the new Voxativ AC-2.6 8" full range driver.

Moondog below:

charlieboy

Thanks to my good friend James Burgess one of my dream amps was personally delivered last night and is making beautiful music in my home. It's a custom 45/2A3 S.E.T. amp from James (1wpc and 3wpc respectively) with output transformers built especially for this project by Jack Elliano. The chassis is from a 1936 Wurlitzer jukebox. We hooked it up last night and I am glad James only lives 30 minutes from me because he's not often able to listen to his wonderful amplifiers in the customers home systems only in his shop before shipping them out worldwide so this was a treat for both of us. I will just say that it was a moment that did not disappoint. I have known James for over 13 years now and I am very happy to have really got to know him as a person as well as having a chance to own his beautiful creations.

« Last Edit: 26 Jul 2019, 11:31 pm by charlieboy »

charlieboy

Some upgrading as of late. Current reference setup with the James Burgess 45/2A3 S.E.T. amplifier, easily interchangeable to Burgess Eiclone 6550 triode monoblocks. A James Burgess tube preamp/phono stage, PeachTree Audio 65SE (serving as DAC), Modified AT1240 TT with AT33EV cartridge and Cardas wiring straight to the Burgess phono stage. Media is also served up via an Otari MTR10-2, Teac 1040Sl, Akai 280D-SS and Akai X-150D Reel to Reel machines, a PC music server with over 25 terabytes of Hi-Rez files, and plenty of great vinyl selections. All playing through a pair of 105db efficient Klipschorn loudspeakers with an 18” Velodyne sub crossed over around 40Hz. Room is 24x20x8.

Will be treating the room in the coming weeks finally. I also have two more bucket list pieces of gear coming. A pair of GPA Altec 604H III speakers, custom crossovers and Stonehenge cabinets and some 300b Thorsten Loesch “Legacy” circuit inspired monoblocks to drive them.

SET Man

Hey!

Damn! Charlie, your screen name is "charlieboy" well you sure have lots of Big Boy's  Audio Toys there :o

Buddy

charlieboy

After a long "break in" period my Stonehenge V cabinets with GPA Altec 604H II speakers and custom crossovers are home and sounding amazing.

jmolsberg

^ just beautiful ^
listen in good health

Poultrygeist

Set powered Frugal Horns with upgraded Coral Holey Basket drivers. Tweeters are B&G planar open baffles. Bass is augmented by separately amped 16" Sansui woofers in OB's.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
This seems a unsual profile Frugal, do it follow the original Planet10 plans?

Poultrygeist

They were built exactly by the plans but the camera angle throws you off.

Poultrygeist

the same Frugals

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
Nice thanks, its a great Dipole.

Delta77

Does this count as a low watt system..?

« Last Edit: 8 Jan 2020, 01:07 am by Delta77 »

planet10

• Industry Participant
  • Frugal-phile (tm)
    • planet10-hifi
Set powered Frugal Horns with upgraded Coral Holey Basket drivers.

Frugel-Horn original or Mk3? Nice job. That Coral is a sleeper, what mods did you do?

dave

charlieboy

Holiday guests are now all gone and things are returning to normal. I am excited to get started on a full room treatment in the next weeks, but for now things are sounding better and better with each little upgrade over the last months. I am excited to hear what the room treatment brings as it is long overdue.

dflee

charlieboy:
Only thing in that room that can be considered low is the wattage.
Incredible room and equipment.

Don

charlieboy

New El84 amp build (based on the Eico HF-81) and a AT LP7 TT with AT -OC9XSL MC cart and a Wayne’s Audio SS-T outer ring added.