ACI and Naim Gear

groovybassist

ACI and Naim Gear
« on: 6 Feb 2005, 01:22 am »
I've just re-vamped my system to Naim CD5i and Nait 5i - I love the drive in the Naim gear - it's quite addictive.  Anyone have feedback on how ACI speakers match up with Naim gear?  Any help is appreciated.   Thanks!

-Mike

BTW, my room is 15x20, with system set-up firing across 15' width of the room, so close to back wall positioning for speakers is a necessity.

Harry P

Re: ACI and Naim Gear
« Reply #1 on: 6 Feb 2005, 10:09 pm »
Quote from: groovybassist
I've just re-vamped my system to Naim CD5i and Nait 5i - I love the drive in the Naim gear - it's quite addictive.  Anyone have feedback on how ACI speakers match up with Naim gear?  Any help is appreciated.   Thanks!

-Mike

BTW, my room is 15x20, with system set-up firing across 15' width of the room, so close to back wall positioning for speakers is a necessity.

Mike, I like Naim gear a a lot. Seems like it would match up very nicely with ACI speakers.  Which ACIs are you thinking of? I have experience with quite a few now including Sapphires (25th anniversary) Force, ELT, Emerald Onwall, Emerald, Protege and Protege V.

BTW, one thought would be to jump on that charity auction for the pair of Sapphires, THAT looks to be a screaming deal for sure

groovybassist

ACI and Naim Gear
« Reply #2 on: 7 Feb 2005, 05:00 am »
Harry:  I think for my room and circumstances, the Sapphire 25th Anniversary is the right choice.  I agree on the auction being a great deal, but I'm assuming the in-home trial doesn't apply, so if they weren't a great match, I'd be out $800+ and still be looking for the right speakers.  Thoughts?

-Mike

Harry P

Re: ACI and Naim Gear
« Reply #3 on: 7 Feb 2005, 02:53 pm »
Quote from: groovybassist
Harry:  I think for my room and circumstances, the Sapphire 25th Anniversary is the right choice.  I agree on the auction being a great deal, but I'm assuming the in-home trial doesn't apply, so if they weren't a great match, I'd be out $800+ and still be looking for the right speakers.  Thoughts?

-Mike

All I can tell you is that I enjoy my Sapphires a whole lot. They are worth every penny of the roughly $1300 I paid for them.  For under $1K, I think they would be really tough to beat.  If your budget can go to $1400, then I'd seriously consider the Sapphire XLs, and you'd have a 30 day money back guarantee with them. You could probably convince Mike to give you the intro price if you did it right away. Let us know what you decide to do!