Maestro Review...

Craig Chase

Those last 3 dB's Hertz a LOT !!! ...
« Reply #60 on: 8 Feb 2005, 07:31 pm »
Quote from: rnhood
Can someone tell me the typical distortion level of the Maestro under normal circumstances, say 25Hz at 95db?  I wish Craig had given the decibel figures at <3%.

Also, I have been eyeing the Saphires.  Will the Maestro match up to these better than the Titan (two channel only - nothing loud)?

Typcially, the THD would remain at under 2-3% up to about 3 dB below the max under 10% that I reported ... so if you look at the charts in the review, and knock off 3 dB, you will get a pretty good idea.

Hope this helps !

Craig Chase

More good stuff ...
« Reply #61 on: 19 Feb 2005, 02:58 am »
The Maestro thread on Home theater Forum is active again. Edward J Mullen is scheduled to get a review sample (in April?) ... and MY Maestros have found what was supposed to be a temporary home with an SVS B4+ owner ... The gent's name is David Keith.

He had my old B4+ ... and has posted his comments on HTF for anyone who wants to check it out ...

And ANOTHER SVS owner, Stevenn, ALSO is getting a Maestro and will be comparing it to his PB12-Ultra/2 ...

steve nnn

Maestro Review...
« Reply #62 on: 20 Feb 2005, 10:32 pm »
Hi Craig,

I'm really looking forward to receiving the Maestro! My HT room is only 2880 as opposed to your 5700, so it ought to really perform well. If all goes well, I should have the Maestro right before I'm slotted for a week off. Any idea what I should do with a week off and a brand-new Maestro?:D

Harry P

Maestro Review...
« Reply #63 on: 21 Feb 2005, 12:05 pm »
Quote from: steve nnn
Hi Craig,

I'm really looking forward to receiving the Maestro! My HT room is only 2880 as opposed to your 5700, so it ought to really perform well. If all goes well, I should have the Maestro right before I'm slotted for a week off. Any idea what I should do with a week off and a brand-new Maestro?:D

Steve, you are one lucky guy! Getting a Maestro and a week off!

Craig Chase

Maestro Review...
« Reply #64 on: 21 Feb 2005, 11:09 pm »
Steve ... I think you should do what I did ... try to blow it up ! ...  :lol:

You should have HEARD Titan AE here ... or should I say FELT it ...

steve nnn

Maestro Review...
« Reply #65 on: 22 Feb 2005, 12:50 am »
Thanks Harry. I can see the wife leaving me one of her long lists of things to do as a form of penance though. If I do one thing a day, we should make our 21st anniversary.

>>>Steve ... I think you should do what I did ... try to blow it up ! ...  
You should have HEARD Titan AE here ... or should I say FELT it ...<<<

I do know how to blow up a sub but please don't tell anyone Craig. Amps are my forte!
Titan AE is a good idea. I haven't felt that disk in quite some time. I'm not sure the Maestro can handle it like my dual TV-12s though. :wink:

Mike Dzurko

Maestro Review...
« Reply #66 on: 22 Feb 2005, 08:21 pm »
Steve:

Like I said to Craig, make my day . . .just try to blow the Maestro :)

Craig Chase

Maestro Review...
« Reply #67 on: 23 Feb 2005, 12:37 am »
Quote from: Mike Dzurko
Steve:

Like I said to Craig, make my day . . .just try to blow the Maestro :)

Mike ... I know this is a family business, and we want to keep things clean ... you did mean "blow UP the Maestro subwoofer" ... not "blow the Maestro" ... right ? ...  :lol:

steve nnn

Maestro Review...
« Reply #68 on: 23 Feb 2005, 01:54 am »
I'm not sure he'll be honest with you Craig....  He told me the same thing, so I'm sure it was blow-up the Maestro come to think of it. :nono:

You might want to wind my "Maestro subwoofer" up a little tighter than usual Mike. Maybe a little turbo under the hood wouldn't hurt. Just so it's better than the one you sent Craig, that's all I ask. :cry:

Craig Chase

Maestro Review...
« Reply #69 on: 23 Feb 2005, 11:00 am »
Steve ... I am REALLY anxious for you to get your Maestro ... I think you will be really happy, even if it only matches mine ...  :)

steve nnn

Maestro Review...
« Reply #70 on: 27 Feb 2005, 01:20 pm »
Thanks Craig. All playing to the side> I have noticed a few other/new Maestro users recently and they seem very impressed also. Their Maestro experience added to your impressions and review have increased my confidence level a great deal. Your DD-18 Thread over at AVS didn't hurt either.

Hope your vacation goes well. 8)

jermmd

Maestro Review...
« Reply #71 on: 27 Feb 2005, 03:02 pm »
Funny, TitanAE DTS was the first DVD I used to demo my Maestro.  The chapter towards the end in the Ice fields.  I thought I had decent bass before with my full range front speakers (VMPS RM30's) and Hsu VTF-2 sub but I was wrong.  This brought things to a whole different level.  The bass was amazing.  I felt my internal organs vibrating as the ships flew around the screen.  I think Titan AE is a good disk to start with to allay any fears about the purchase.  If you're not smiling after that ice flow scene, there is something very wrong.

Joe M.

steve nnn

Maestro Review...
« Reply #72 on: 27 Feb 2005, 04:07 pm »
Now that's a movie I haven't plugged in for quite some time. I don't think I've even tried it out on any of my current options either? Maybe if the wife goes on a few errands today, I'll give it a spin for old times sake and it might also be a good disk to use for comparison sake :?:

Craig Chase

Maestro Review...
« Reply #73 on: 8 Mar 2005, 06:50 pm »
Back from vacation ... Steve - You HAVE to try out the Titan AE disc with the Maestro ...  :o

And I am waiting for my royalty check from Mike ... It seems to be about 5 months late ... after all, "The job is done" ...  8)

Craig Chase

Check out AVS !!!
« Reply #74 on: 2 Apr 2005, 01:09 pm »
Steve nnn has opened a comparison thread on AVS ... He has a PB12-Ultra/2 to go against the Maestro ... this is some good stuff !

www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=526522

steve nnn

Maestro Review...
« Reply #75 on: 6 Apr 2005, 01:35 am »
Hey Thanks Craig!

I'll be sure to post a summarization Thread over here at ACI also.

I'm really enjoying the Maestro. Very articulate and it's (Maestro) not afraid of putting out extreme amounts of SPL when called upon. All the makings for a great bass experience to be sure. :)

Craig Chase

Maestro Review...
« Reply #76 on: 15 Jun 2005, 02:38 am »
Look for more stuff on a LOT more ACI loudspeaker set ups in the near future ... We are putting together our first complete ACI Home Theater system ...

thugh

Maestro Review...
« Reply #77 on: 15 Jun 2005, 06:24 am »
Quote from: Craig Chase
Look for more stuff on a LOT more ACI loudspeaker set ups in the near future ... We are putting together our first complete ACI Home Theater system ...

Craig,

Are you doing XLs all around with dual Maestros? :D

Craig Chase

Maestro Review...
« Reply #78 on: 15 Jun 2005, 10:52 am »
Quote from: thugh
Quote from: Craig Chase

Craig,

Are you doing XLs all around with dual Maestros? :D

I have one fairly signifigant mandate from my wife. Oak. So XL's won't be in the picture for HT. I think we my go with the Essence and Emerald On Wall set up.

However, Mike did mention he would like the XL's tested out in a two channel system. That seems reasonable...  :)

Harry P

Maestro Review...
« Reply #79 on: 15 Jun 2005, 01:30 pm »
Craig, Here we go again! This should be fun. The Essence is one of the few ACI models I haven't heard. Based on my love affair with my 3 Protege up front, you'll love them. I'm saving up for Emerald onwalls myself. I've heard them at a friends, we actually set them up for two channel and they rock!