Cabinet work

Cz606

Cabinet work
« on: 24 Mar 2019, 10:54 pm »
I now have a few pairs of speakers that are relegated to the unfinished portion of the basement because they don't pass my wife's look test. They sound great, but cabinets are scratched, scuffed and marked up. A couple pair would probably be fine with a simple sand and stain, but a pair of Cornwalls I have will probably need to be re-veneered if they are to ever see a higher traffic area of the house. With that, does anyone know someone local who does good work on speaker cabinets? If so, please let me know. I'd really appreciate. I just don't have the time, but would be happy to pay someone for their expertise. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

justauby

Re: Cabinet work
« Reply #1 on: 4 Jun 2019, 07:20 pm »
Here's some photo's of a pair of Dahlquist's DQM-9's i resurfaced with an adhesive backed vinyl.  I think they look so much better then how they came to me.  The vinyl is very easy to apply, durable, and cheap.  Many diffrent options as well.  PM me if you'd like to talk about it.  If you're looking for a wood veneer i'd recommend Custom Furniture Works off Manchester.  They refinished some danish modern furniture that was my parents for me and i couldn't be happier. 

justauby

« Reply #2 on: 4 Jun 2019, 07:21 pm »

Cz606

« Reply #3 on: 29 Jun 2019, 05:10 pm »
Thanks for the recommendation. I may be taking a couple pairs of speakers their way. I will let everyone here know how my experience goes if I do.

justauby

« Reply #4 on: 9 Dec 2019, 03:47 pm »
Did you ever get your speakers re-done?

Thanks for the recommendation. I may be taking a couple pairs of speakers their way. I will let everyone here know how my experience goes if I do.