Full function preamp anytime soon John?

dogpile

« on: 27 May 2005, 06:49 am »
I'm currently in the market for a full function preamp // high gain with built-in mc section.  Any new projects/developments in the near future John?

dogpile :drums:

John Chapman

• Facilitator
    • http://www.bentaudio.com
« Reply #1 on: 27 May 2005, 02:58 pm »
Hello!

Although I am working on a new pre-amp design it will still be line stage only so won't fit for what you need I am afraid. I am nowhere near the designer that others are when it comes to tube gear (I kinda hack around a bit but that's all). I would not expect to be making an active stage with built in MC section since I can't see why I'd do anything better than some of the nice gear out there!  I really like both Jim Haggerman's Trumpet and Kevin Carter's (K&K audio) phono stage- in case you go down the separate phono stage road....

Thanks!

John

Gbatokai

« Reply #2 on: 27 May 2005, 07:02 pm »
Hi!

I'm thinking about incorporating av K&K audio output stage in my diy NOH myself these days. That's definitely a nice option. I'd need to get a bigger box and do some minor rewiring, but there won't be any major hassles, AFAIK.

Their full preamp kit consists of input stage + attenuator + output stage, but when using tx102s you'll only need the output stage. Raleigh audio, who designed this line stage, specifically recommend the Bent TX102s for this scheme, so it's a safe choice.

This doesn't include a phono stage, however I thought it might be an interesting idea for owners of the NOH.

dogpile

Good luck John!!
« Reply #3 on: 28 May 2005, 04:27 am »
I wish you success with the upcoming preamp.  I will consider your NU mc xformer if I decide to go that route...

dogpile :hyper:

gnnett

TVC plus output stage
« Reply #4 on: 31 May 2005, 09:46 am »
Do you have any further details on this?

Regards

Grantn

John Chapman

• Facilitator
    • http://www.bentaudio.com
« Reply #5 on: 1 Jun 2005, 04:01 pm »
Hello!

Not yet. Once I get the design pinned down I will post more - likely in a couple months. Wish it were faster but time just keeps going by..... Looking to the fall to have it shipping at this point.

Thanks!

John