Pictures of SongSurrounds, SongCenter, and Stands

indygreg

Pictures of SongSurrounds, SongCenter, and Stands
« on: 12 Oct 2008, 09:29 pm »
There seems to be a shortage of SongSurround and SongCenter photos out there, so I figured I'd donate some pictures to the cause.

http://picasaweb.google.com/gregory.szorc/SalkSurrounds

They came in two weeks ago and joined my previously purchased SongTowers.  The finish is so close that you can't tell they were finished six months apart.  It is really a testament to Jim and the crew's attention to detail.  Of course, the speakers have perfect sonic blending.

I held off purchasing the whole set together because I had never heard the SongTowers before I pulled the trigger and didn't want to risk the possibility of disappointment.  It should be obvious what the final verdict is.

IMO, the stands are what make the SongSurrounds.  The side profile is just beautiful to stare at.  My only nitpick is it is a little difficult to conceal the speaker wire (I should have asked Jim if it was possible to put the wire terminals underneath the speaker so you could feed the wire through the stand).  But, when you have speakers and stands that look and sound as beautiful as these, you really can't complain.

If anyone in the San Francisco Bay Area wants a listen, just let me know.

Great work, Jim!  I'd order more from you, but I'm afraid you've made everything I need... for now.

R Swerdlow

Re: Pictures of SongSurrounds, SongCenter, and Stands
« Reply #1 on: 12 Oct 2008, 09:34 pm »
Very nice.  Thanks.  I think you are the first to post photos of the SSI and SongCenter.

Are they a dyed cherry finish?  And did Jim make those stands?  They look identical in finish to the speakers.

indygreg

« Reply #2 on: 12 Oct 2008, 09:38 pm »
Finish of the whole set is American Curly Walnut (one of the standard finishes).  Yes, Jim did make the stands.  Everything matches beautifully.

R Swerdlow

« Reply #3 on: 12 Oct 2008, 09:41 pm »
That curly walnut is outstanding.  Mine are cherry, but I like the yours enough to wish I could collect them all  :drool:.

Enjoy them.

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #4 on: 12 Oct 2008, 09:47 pm »
Might as well post some of them pictures, :thumb:

funkmonkey

« Reply #5 on: 12 Oct 2008, 10:07 pm »
 :thumb:  Love that Walnut.  Beautiful set of speakers indygreg.  I hope you get many many years of enjoyment out of them.

:scratch: Just a thought but you could probably drill a hole in the stands just under the top of the pedestal into the column and another in the base to conceal the wires (except for the short stretch from terminals to stand)...  If they are mass loaded I would ask Jim what's in there, and how full, before drilling any holes though.  My guess is that the last think you want to do right now is drill holes in your new speaker stands!  :duh:  Either way, they really look great!

Cheers,
Funk

huey driver

« Reply #6 on: 13 Oct 2008, 12:14 pm »
They look fantastic, I'm getting the same exact set-up (should be done in a month).  Can you let me know how much the stands wound up costing you?  Im still not sure what stands Im going to get but yours look fantastic.  Thanks.

-Keith

Nuance

« Reply #7 on: 13 Oct 2008, 07:47 pm »
Oh my gosh - those are out of this world sexy!  Those stands...WOW!  They are sexy enough by themselves to warrant me getting bookshelf SongSurrounds.  :D

Congrats and enjoy!

indygreg

« Reply #8 on: 15 Oct 2008, 05:18 am »
They look fantastic, I'm getting the same exact set-up (should be done in a month).  Can you let me know how much the stands wound up costing you?  Im still not sure what stands Im going to get but yours look fantastic.  Thanks.

You can ask Jim how much they cost: he made them.  I will say that I think they are worth every penny.

low.pfile

« Reply #9 on: 15 Oct 2008, 05:22 am »
Nice looking speakers and stands, but it's an unusual speaker placement.  How does it sound with those speakers grouped like that in front of the TV???  :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

that is what I immediately said to myself. but obviously just the set up for the photo.

enjoy greg/satfrat!!

btw I am on the peninsula in sfbay.