TP Mini's

bhobba

Re: TP Mini's
« Reply #20 on: 29 Mar 2010, 12:34 am »

You might want to consider the giant killer Eastern Electric Dac for PC audio. I'm currently demo'ing a friend's EE DAC with a Mullard tube upgrade and it does many many things very very well. I use an Empirical Off-Ramp 3 w/Ultraclock upgrade and have used the EE Dac both as a Dac and as a USB Dac w/o the Off-Ramp 3 and I'm telling you I could have saved a whole lotta money had this Dac with it's new Saber chip (which addresses PC jitter) had only come around a year sooner. Just something that I'm discovering in just the last day or so,,, fwiw.  :thumb:

Cheers,
Robin

Yea - very interesting product.  Did a bit of research on it and it looks good.  Well keep in mind when the time comes.  Any idea how to buy it in Aus or even if it has a 240V version?

Thanks
Bill

Chuck_M

« Reply #21 on: 2 Apr 2010, 01:28 am »
Thanks guys,

Looks like I have plenty of reading to do while I anxiously await my Mini's.  The DAC Cherry looks promising.  Gobs of power for sure.  Too bad 6 Moons isn't doing a full review right now.  I guess we can all e-mail Srajan in hopes of influencing a review?

Take care

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #22 on: 2 Apr 2010, 02:33 am »
Yea - very interesting product.  Did a bit of research on it and it looks good.  Well keep in mind when the time comes.  Any idea how to buy it in Aus or even if it has a 240V version?

Thanks
Bill

You'd have to talk to Bill O'Connell about this Bill. He's very approachable.  :thumb:

Cheers,
Robin

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #23 on: 2 Apr 2010, 04:02 am »
Thanks guys,

Looks like I have plenty of reading to do while I anxiously await my Mini's.  The DAC Cherry looks promising.  Gobs of power for sure.  Too bad 6 Moons isn't doing a full review right now.  I guess we can all e-mail Srajan in hopes of influencing a review?

Take care

Chuck....
Check with Tommy......maybe he can set you up with an audition after your speakers arrive. Good luck...

Chuck_M

« Reply #24 on: 20 May 2010, 09:07 pm »
Well, I went and bought a Nad M3 dual mono in anticipation of the Mini's.  I am breaking it in now.  It has a little more juice than my ASL tubed amp and my wife approves of the compact (relatively) size.

Anybody ever hear this with the Mini's?

Chuck_M

« Reply #25 on: 20 May 2010, 11:40 pm »
I should add...thanks for all of your suggestions.  They were very helpful, but in the end, my wife my the final decision.

Chuck_M

« Reply #26 on: 3 Dec 2010, 01:46 am »
Whew!  That was a looong four weeks :wink:

I heard somewhere that Harley-Davidson had a two year waiting list on their top model bikes back in the day, so I won't complain. 

Okay...I got the Mini's on 11-03-2010.

No pictures yet...been busy.  I am not posting a real review for a few reasons.  The Mini's seem to be improving with break-in, so I want to give them more time.  I have one of three sets made.  Bob isn't making them anymore (instant collector's item for me!).  So a review or lack thereof won't really help/hurt Bob or any prospective buyer.  And more importantly, because I don't have a good digital source component to really test the speakers with (I am/was in middle of updating my system but found out my wife is being laid-off.  So, no audio purchases for a while  :cry:).

I just wanted to acknowledge that I finally received them.  And that I am loving them, though my best source right now is just my Magnum Dynalab fm tuner.  Even so, many jaw dropping moments for me and family and friends.  I am getting a lot of, "Is that the radio!?" with mouths agape.

Voices sound real and very present.  Lush harmonics.  Inner detail.  Micro dynamics.  Rich natural tonal color.  And on and on.

Bob knows how to design a speaker!  I hope he is commanding a proper salary from NuForce!

Thank you Bob.  I am very impressed and very pleased so far.

I hope to post a full review once I get a source a little more worthy of the speaker...so I can hear what they are really capable of.

-Chuck     

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #27 on: 3 Dec 2010, 08:23 am »
Enjoy your new Mini's Chuck...their nice speakers, as you can hear..... :beer:

Charles Xavier

« Reply #28 on: 3 Dec 2010, 09:21 am »
Enjoy and we still want a review.And don't forget pics in the owner section :thumb: