Finishing H frames

mlundy57

• Industry Participant
Re: Finishing H frames
« Reply #20 on: 7 Dec 2018, 09:46 pm »
These look great. I may take the plug and try this myself when I build mine ( eventually). Is it difficult to do or just a little time consuming?

Not difficult but I would recommend gluing up a box to practice on first. Its alyays a good idea to practice something new on scrap first.

Mike

rockdrummer

« Reply #21 on: 9 Dec 2018, 03:01 pm »
Thanks for the comments and advice.
Mike, sanding the primer, I didn't even think of something like that. Thanks.

Undertow, I have not had success hiding seems with any other method. This was clearly the best method I have tried. I used bondo when building my super v cabinets. I would use epoxy over bondo any day. I also feel like my next epoxy project (stands and wedges) will be easier simply because of experience. So Mike's advice about a practice box makes total sense, and really valuable.

Wired them both up and tested them last night, everything went fine. Now to decide on stand design. Something sand filled, or similar.

Ben

mlundy57

• Industry Participant
« Reply #22 on: 9 Dec 2018, 04:41 pm »
Ben,

Larry (lacro) made some nice dampened stands for his X-LS Encores a few years ago. Maybe you can swipe (um get inspiration  :D) form his stands. Here's a link to the thread:

https://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=108371.80  the stands start at post #82.

Mike

rockdrummer

« Reply #23 on: 9 Dec 2018, 05:48 pm »
Great! That project looks alot like what I want to do. Thanks for that.
Ben