VMPS Speakers For Sale...!

Stimpy

Re: VMPS Speakers For Sale...!
« Reply #1300 on: 3 Dec 2021, 06:35 pm »
VMPS RM40 Brian Cheney Signature Edition w/rare Dibble Cabinet  -  (Los Angeles, CA)  $3595

https://www.usaudiomart.com/details/649746377-vmps-rm40-brian-cheney-signature-edition-wrare-dibble-cabinet/

"This is a Piano Black VMPS RM-40 "Brian Cheney Signature Edition".
This model is the even more SPECIAL and RARE Dibble Cabinet. Dorn Dibble was the special Cabinet Maker for the VMPS Elixir/VMPS Rm-X.

While the Piano Black finish is acceptable, the Cabinet has extra thick front baffle and is fully braced weight a full 45# more than the MLS cabinets.

The RM-40 has 2 10" WCF Megawoofers, 4 Neopanels, a Ribbon Tweeter, and a 10" Down firing Passive Radiator.

This Model has an OXO (outboard cross-over) with premium coils, chokes, and Premium Mundorf Capacitors, wired with Silver Wiring.

The early RM-40 won Best of Show at the CES. This speaker is the culmination and evolution of that heritage as it improve dramatically over the models lifetime.

Specifications:

Bass – 25 cm (10″) WCF Megawoofer bass, 25 cm (10″) WCF midbass, 25cm (10″) Passive Radiator

Mid – four rectangular 10 x 20 cm (4 x 8″) Neo ribbons, 280 Hz – 6.9 kHz

Treble – Round ribbon 6.9 kHz – 30 kHz

Impedance & Sensitivity – 4 Ohm (3.6 min.) 91 dB/1W/1m Power handling – 500 W rms / 4 Ohms, 20 W min.

Frequency response – 24 Hz – 25 kHz +0/-3 dB

Dimensions & Weight – 66″H x 13″W x 17″D cm, 280 lbs Output levels and distortion – max. 1% THD full range / 1W, max. 115+ dB SPL

Dimensions of OXO - 14" x 14" x 9" 25# each

Local Pick Up ONLY, or buyer arranges and pays for crating and shipping.

PayPal buyer pays 3% fee"

Stimpy

« Reply #1301 on: 3 Dec 2021, 06:38 pm »
VMPS SuperTower IIa/R (pair)  -  (Sarasota, Florida)  $1000

https://www.ebay.com/itm/373810120911?hash=item5708d1c8cf:g:qKgAAOSwmPJhnqNs

“Good”

HarleyMYK

« Reply #1302 on: 24 Dec 2021, 03:12 pm »
VMPS Larger Subwoofer.  Portland Oregon.  Pickup Only (Not mine)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VMPS-Larger-Subwoofer-Very-Good-Condition/133973213344

For sale is the VMPS Larger subwoofer, all 6.2 cubic feet of it. I am the original owner. This is a passive subwoofer that requires separate amplification and a low pass filter (such as a subwoofer jack on a receiver). It has no internal crossover. It consists of a 12” active driver, a 15” active driver, and a 15” slot-loaded passive radiator. This model has the “megawoofer” option, which gives it greater power handling (600 watts) and rubber surrounds on the drivers, rather than foam. Because of its large size, it is efficient; I used a 60 watt per channel amplifier and it was more than I needed in a large (25x14) home theater room. It has separate binding posts for each of the active 8-ohm drivers, for use with a stereo amp, or the drivers can be driven in parallel for a 4-ohm load for a mono amp.

VMPS claimed efficiency of 92 dB for 1-watt input and maximum output of 115 dB. They also specified response at 17hz to 250 hz +/- 3 dB.  To repeat: it needs a separate amp, which is not included. It will not perform up to its capabilities if you try to drive it in parallel with other speakers.

You can see user reviews here: VMPSLarge Subwoofer Subwoofers user reviews : 4.9 out of 5 - 19 reviews [link removed by eBay]  Rumor is that NASA purchased a pair of these 20+ years ago to help simulate launch conditions.

Although this subwoofer is an older model, the condition is very good; as you can see it has a black piano finish that is not perfect, but quite good. The baffle and the back are flat black. The drivers all look good visually and I can hear no rattles or distortion. The only notable flaw is that the small VMPS logo has been damaged (see close-up). I am so confident that you will like it that I will set up an audition when you pick it up and will refund your money if not satisfied. No refund once you leave with it.

It measures 23"H x 32"W x 19"D, and weighs 138lbs, so please be certain you have the room for it before bidding. Thanks for taking a look!

THIS IS PICK-UP ONLY! DO NOT BID UNLESS YOU CAN PICK IT UP! (I am in suburban Portland, Oregon, westside.) I expect the winning bidder to pick it up within 10 days of purchase.

GeorgeAb

« Reply #1303 on: 28 Dec 2021, 12:29 am »

GeorgeAb

« Reply #1304 on: 28 Dec 2021, 10:30 pm »
Pair of Larger Subwoofers in Phoenix, AZ. Accepting reasonable offers. 

https://www.usaudiomart.com/details/649794325-vmps-larger-subwoofer-wmegawoofers/

GeorgeAb

« Reply #1305 on: 4 Jan 2022, 09:34 pm »
VMPS Larger Subwoofer.  Portland Oregon.  Pickup Only (Not mine)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VMPS-Larger-Subwoofer-Very-Good-Condition/133973213344

For sale is the VMPS Larger subwoofer, all 6.2 cubic feet of it. I am the original owner. This is a passive subwoofer that requires separate amplification and a low pass filter (such as a subwoofer jack on a receiver). It has no internal crossover. It consists of a 12” active driver, a 15” active driver, and a 15” slot-loaded passive radiator. This model has the “megawoofer” option, which gives it greater power handling (600 watts) and rubber surrounds on the drivers, rather than foam. Because of its large size, it is efficient; I used a 60 watt per channel amplifier and it was more than I needed in a large (25x14) home theater room. It has separate binding posts for each of the active 8-ohm drivers, for use with a stereo amp, or the drivers can be driven in parallel for a 4-ohm load for a mono amp.

Thanks @HarleyMYK for pointing this out. Been looking for a Larger Subwoofer within reasonable driving distance. This matches my other VMPS Larger Subwoofer so I have a set to blend with my RM-V60s. Long 500 mile drive round trip, but the sub is in my possession, polarities checked, levels matched, Room EQ Wizards (REW) sweeps preformed. Also thanks to John Mulcahy creator of REW for providing audiophile tools for making quick work of setting up and integrating subs.   

JakeJ

« Reply #1306 on: 4 Jan 2022, 10:43 pm »
Congrats, George!  That is one awesome looking system.

Stimpy

« Reply #1307 on: 6 Jan 2022, 08:41 pm »
Congrats, George!  That is one awesome looking system.

+1   :thumb:  Well Done...!   :D

G E

« Reply #1308 on: 7 Jan 2022, 04:03 am »
Dream system, George!

Do you fab your room treatment pieces or are they "pro made"?

GeorgeAb

« Reply #1309 on: 7 Jan 2022, 06:43 am »
Dream system, George!

Do you fab your room treatment pieces or are they "pro made"?

Thanks. A little of both. I used GIK Acoustic pieces for soffit bass traps in corners and a couple thick bass wall panels. All the 2 x 4 panels and ceiling to wall bass traps are DIY. Mineral wool, inner covering at JoAnn's fabric, Guilford of Maine outer covering, 1X4's, and some time. It was still around $55/panel as opposed to $88/panel before shipping from GIK so a bit of cost savings.

G E

« Reply #1310 on: 8 Jan 2022, 12:47 am »
Thanks. A little of both. I used GIK Acoustic pieces for soffit bass traps in corners and a couple thick bass wall panels.

All the 2 x 4 panels and ceiling to wall bass traps are DIY. Mineral wool, inner covering at JoAnn's fabric, Guilford of Maine outer covering, 1X4's, and some time. It was still around $55/panel as opposed to $88/panel before shipping from GIK so a bit of cost savings.

I have some GIK Acoustic stuff too!  Diffuser / traps on wall behind me and another trap on floor behind my amps. My floor to ceiling bass traps and first reflection point absorption panels are DIY with OC 703 … and fabric from Joann Fabric!  I’m fortunate GiK is 10 miles down the road and can save on shipping!

A year back I added ceiling absorption panels hung from an unused ceiling fan mount.

My room is beautifully quiet. It’s an experience just to step into it.

But not dead!

Stimpy

« Reply #1311 on: 11 Jan 2022, 06:46 pm »
VMPS Mini Tower IIa Floorstanding Speakers  -  (Johns Creek, GA)  $300

https://atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/ele/d/alpharetta-vmps-mini-tower-iia/7428225197.html

"VMPS Mini Tower IIa Floorstanding 5-way speakers.
Dimensions: 39" x 12" x 15". Weight: 75 lbs each.
Good condition, great sound."

Stimpy

« Reply #1312 on: 11 Jan 2022, 06:48 pm »
VMPS QSO-808 Vintage Speakers  -  (Brownsburg, IN)  $350

https://indianapolis.craigslist.org/ele/d/brownsburg-vmps-qso-808-vintage-speakers/7427153992.html

"Here's a rare pair of VMPS (Veritone Minimum Phase Speakers) bookshelf speakers. The cabinets are covered in oak veneer and are in excellent condition, as are the black fabric grills. They have "Brilliance" and "Presence" adjustments located on the front baffle. They are a three-way front ported design with a 12" polypropylene woofer, a 5" cone midrange and a 1.75" tweeter.

Power Requirements: 20 - 150 Watts RMS
Impedance: 8 Ohms
Crossover Points: 500 Hz and 4.5 kHz
Dimensions: 26" H x 15.5" W x11" D
Weight: 44 Lbs. (each)

These speakers are very power hungry, so do not expect them to play loud with a typical stereo receiver and it is
recommended to drive them with a power amp that is rated to have at least 100 watts/channel or more for best results.

If interested, please reply via email with your name and contact number. Emails asking if these are still available with no
contact information will be ignored. Sorry if the prior statements put anyone off, as I need to be able to filter out the spam replies from those who are actually interested in what I have listed for sale."

Stimpy

« Reply #1313 on: 11 Jan 2022, 06:54 pm »
VMPS 626 Jr 3-way ribbon bookshelf speakers w/mega woofer upgrade  -  (San Rafael, CA)  $500

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/ele/d/san-rafael-vmps-626-jr-way-ribbon/7431311798.html

"I bought them new in 2007 for my music system. They come with the CDWG waveguides.

I will be downsizing from a home to an apartment shortly so won’t have a dedicated music system."

Stimpy

« Reply #1314 on: 11 Jan 2022, 06:57 pm »
"Show John Some Love...!"  (Repost)

VMPS RM40 BCSE + with OXO  -  (Century City, CA)  $3,695

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/ele/d/los-angeles-vmps-rm40-bcse-with-oxo/7429145038.html

"This is a Piano Black VMPS RM-40 Brian Cheney Signature Edition Plus

This model is the even more SPECIAL and RARE Dibble Cabinet. Dorn Dibble was the special Cabinet Maker for the VMPS Elixir.

While the Piano Black finish is acceptable, the Cabinet has extra thick front baffle and is fully braced weight a full 45# more than the MLS cabinets.

The RM-40 has 2 10" WCF Megawoofers, 4 Neopanels, a Ribbon Tweeter, and a 10" Down firing Passive Radiator.

This Model has an OXO (outboard cross-over) with selected coils, chokes, and Premium Mundorf Capacitors, wired with Silver Wiring.

The early RM-40 won Best of Show at the CES. This speaker is the culmination and evolution of that heritage as it improve dramatically over the models lifetime.

Specifications:

Bass – 25 cm (10″) WCF Megawoofer bass, 25 cm (10″) WCF midbass, 25cm (10″) Passive Radiator

Mid – four rectangular 10 x 20 cm (4 x 8″) Neo ribbons, 280 Hz – 6.9 kHz

Treble – Round ribbon 6.9 kHz – 30 kHz

Impedance & Sensitivity – 4 Ohm (3.6 min.) 91 dB/1W/1m Power handling – 500 W rms / 4 Ohms, 20 W min.

Frequency response – 24 Hz – 25 kHz +0/-3 dB

Dimensions & Weight – 66″H x 13″W x 17″D cm, 280 lbs

Output levels and distortion – max. 1% THD full range / 1W, max. 115+ dB SPL

Local Pick Up ONLY, or buyer pays for crating and shipping.

PayPal buyer pays 3% fee"

davidc1

« Reply #1315 on: 12 Jan 2022, 05:46 pm »
VMPS Mini Tower IIa Floorstanding Speakers  -  (Johns Creek, GA)  $300

https://atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/ele/d/alpharetta-vmps-mini-tower-iia/7428225197.html

"VMPS Mini Tower IIa Floorstanding 5-way speakers.
Dimensions: 39" x 12" x 15". Weight: 75 lbs each.
Good condition, great sound."

Interesting...this is the same small town that I just got my Super Tower III's from.

Also, these must be from back in the mid 80's as they have the old Motorola piezo super tweeter.

But, it also looks like it's got phase plugs.

JakeJ

« Reply #1316 on: 15 Jan 2022, 07:51 pm »
New ad on USAM but I think they have been listed before.  Look pristine.  Anybody in Indiana or surrounding ?

https://www.usaudiomart.com/details/649639029-vmps-tower-ii-speakers/

davidc1

« Reply #1317 on: 16 Jan 2022, 12:15 am »
Awesome....consider though, that if you can still hear above 12k, you'll probably want to replace the old, old Motorola piezo tweeters.

Stimpy

« Reply #1318 on: 18 Jan 2022, 10:49 pm »
VMPS RM40 Speakers with Matching Subwoofer & Outboard Crossover  -  (Tucson, Arizona,)  $4750

https://www.ebay.com/itm/294740068795?hash=item449fe089bb:g:NiEAAOSwaLRh5m~1

https://tucson.craigslist.org/ele/d/tucson-vmps-rm40-speakers-subwoofer/7434330294.html  -  $4500

"VMPS RM40 Speakers with VSS Subwoofer & Outboard Crossovers

These speakers look fabulous and sound AMAZING!

The VMPS RM40s are big speakers and they make big sound. 
This pair has the upgraded MLS cabinets in rosewood. 
They have super thick walls and baffles and are very well braced. 
Each speaker stands 66" tall and weighs 260 lbs. 
They are big, beautiful monoliths.
All four sides as well as the top are nicely finished.
The rosewood is dramatic and I prefer leaving the grills off. 
These speakers make quite a statement, and have received many compliments
during the years I've had them.
Other upgrades include FST tweeters and external crossovers, which make bi-amping very convenient. 
In my opinion, RM40s go to the highest level when actively bi-amped.
Use two identical stereo amplifiers and an active electronic crossover and
you will be stunned.  I was.

The VMPS VSS Subwoofer weighs 160 lbs!
It uses the same MLS rosewood cabinetry and super thick walls as the RM40.
The forward firing 15" driver has a 22 pound magnet. 
There is also a downward facing passive radiator.
The VSS is powerful and accurate.
This is a true 20 Hertz subwoofer--  0 dB down @ 20 Hz!

The RM40s with this massive subwoofer creates a large soundstage that is
dynamic, accurate and smooth.
With careful setup and some experimentation, you can have true hi-fi in your home.
This is especially the case if you actively bi-amp.

I regret selling these already-- but I'm moving and they have to go.
I have no idea how to replace them at a reasonable cost-- and size!
RM40s do best in a large room with preferably high ceilings.
They can really fill a big space.

Once again, the speakers look fantastic and I hope they stay that way.
They're not perfect but they're close.
There are a few blemishes here and there overall these rate a SOLID 9/10.

Obviously I will not ship these monsters.
They are for local pickup in Tucson, AZ 85748.
I'd be happy to assist in loading the speakers and subwoofer into your vehicle.
It's definitely a two-person job.

Also included are a spare 10" woofer and ribbon tweeter.

These items are also advertised on Tucson CL, so it's possible I may end the listing
early for a quick local sale.

FWIW, this set retailed for $13K about a decade ago"

« Last Edit: 31 Jan 2022, 05:53 pm by Stimpy »

K-mart

« Reply #1319 on: 29 Jan 2022, 05:50 pm »
 Delete
« Last Edit: 23 Apr 2022, 08:42 pm by K-mart »