Triode Wire Labs & Odyssey on drugs

AlTran

Triode Wire Labs & Odyssey on drugs
« on: 7 Aug 2018, 10:11 pm »
My first time posting on Triode's circle. My first time purchased TWL cables. My first impressions...
Let's start with my system setup & go from there.
Power Amps: Odyssey Audio Kismet Mono blocks in Stratos cases
Speakers: Odyssey Audio Liquids
Preamp: Symphonic Line RG3 Reference with separate Turbo Power Supply
Source: Symphonic Line Belcanto MK II current model & VPI Prime Signature mates with VDH Colibri
Accessories: mostly Mapleshade platforms, footers & hats

In the recent months, I started to look into cables & thinking to do some upgrade. Several friends are very kind to lend me their #1 choice of cables such as Nordost, Analysis Plus, Synergistic Research & my own set of Groneberg & Mapleshade for comparison purposes. Before I go on I must say that all of these cables are very good in its own right. I have no intention of making any changes in cables & this is so unfortunate that I have a friend who is such a bad guy, he told me "hey take a look at TWL, there is a pair of 2M RCA IC currently on AC from Pete. I reached out to Pete & made the worst purchase in my audio journey. Upon received the IC, the first hour is not so obvious but after that everything is just "WOW". The next few days I contacted Pete to place an order for more includes speaker cables, Digital American, Seven Plus, Ten Plus, Interconnects, & Phono RCA. My first impression with only the IC & got a WOW, now with complete set of cables, all brand new out of the bags "not boxes" I can only react with a bunch of SSSSS in my head... Shiettt, Speechless, Stunning, Shaking my heads, my hands were Shaking... I immediately wanted to drop that cartridge to spin some vinyls but my hands were shaking so bad that I could NOT drop that needle. I was walking around my garage & trying to find a soft wall to bang my head... I wonder how the heck there is such a company who makes cables that give me the best of everything I've been looking for... no I should say I'm not paying attention to the music, I'm not looking for anything, it is right there & everything presents itself in a perfect ways. No need to look to need to pay any kind of attention, strictly nothing to ask for... black back ground??? no no the background is not black... because it is never exists in the first place... As almost every reviewers stated that TWL cables are very "natural", I actually don't agree with them, in my system, they sound very "ADDICTED" & "OBSESSED", these 2 words will lead me to contact Pete in the near future & maybe very soon or as soon as today or tomorrow... I'm now feeling ADDICTED & wanted more & wonder what would the "OBSESSION" Statement will sound like??? Odyssey is the most natural & neutral sound gears I've ever owned, combine with the TWL, they are not match made in heaven to me because of a simple answer, I'm still loving life & want to stay here in reality world & enjoy the music. My next order... I hope Pete can read this & probably lending me the OBSESSION for a test drive without return... LOL... I'm not going to say go get them & make your purchase or whatever... TWL cables are special in my system...

AlTran

Re: Triode Wire Labs & Odyssey on drugs
« Reply #1 on: 7 Aug 2018, 10:17 pm »
BTW... this is only 1 week in the system & can't imagine what would happen in the next few hundred hours...

dflee

« Reply #2 on: 7 Aug 2018, 10:34 pm »
AlTran:
Congrats on the purchases.
The fact that Pete doesn't hype the product and let's it speak
for itself makes for a surprise when you hear them. It will take
a while and they will get better along the way. Should they change in a direction
you find abrasive just remember it will change again for far better than before.
I think Pete's equipment is some of the best out there.

Don

Delta77

« Reply #3 on: 8 Aug 2018, 01:02 am »
Nice write up, AlTran..
If and When I upgrade from my current loom,
TWL are the only Cables I will be interested in..!!
The people that are using them seem to have very eclectic taste..

Ern Dog

« Reply #4 on: 8 Aug 2018, 02:03 am »
Haha you sound pretty stoked!  Glad to hear you found some cables that float your boat.

AlTran

« Reply #5 on: 8 Aug 2018, 04:33 pm »
Thanks Don, I've been through a lot with my system, every single piece in there takes time to break in & the process is up & down... I gave everything a good MIN 300 hours to actually settling in. At the same time, I know some good stuffs is just great the moment you put it in & will get even greater once settling in & then BETTER once fully broken. I use the word BETTER is because I never look for the BEST, I only want to get BETTER. I believe there is always something BETTER out there, it's all about synergy & matching. For now my system is sounding BETTER than before.

BobM

« Reply #6 on: 8 Aug 2018, 04:36 pm »
Pete is one of the few manufacturers that actually break in their equipment before shipping it out to you. All of his cables "cook" for many hours after manufacture. I'm sure that has something to do with what you hear right out of the box, but don't worry, they will still get better with time in your own system.

AlTran

« Reply #7 on: 8 Aug 2018, 04:47 pm »
Thanks Bob, I'm not worried at all about these cables, their sounds, quality built & sure will get even BETTER. Honestly the only thing I worried now is that my hand will be shaking again trying to pull it out to provide Pete with my cc #.

Emil

« Reply #8 on: 8 Aug 2018, 09:39 pm »
Pete is one of the few manufacturers that actually break in their equipment before shipping it out to you. All of his cables "cook" for many hours after manufacture. I'm sure that has something to do with what you hear right out of the box, but don't worry, they will still get better with time in your own system.

True that.

I find it ridiculous that cable manufactures tell YOU to burn in THEIR cables for a few hundred hours before judging them all within a 14-30 day trial window, if provided. Either that or they will charge you a fee to burn them in for you.

Same thing with speakers. I recall reading a review of a new speaker where the manufacturer claimed that the speaker will "begin to bloom" after 500 hours. That's over 20 days if played for 24 hours straight.
Break them in at the factory before shipping will ya?

dflee

« Reply #9 on: 8 Aug 2018, 10:46 pm »
Ya well even with Pete cookin em I can say with adding another Spirit II, it seemed to be a while and quite drastic.
I'm guessing not having that level throughout I didn't hear the drastic change on the first Spirit II.

Don

Triode Pete

« Reply #10 on: 9 Aug 2018, 01:26 pm »
My first time posting on Triode's circle. My first time purchased TWL cables. My first impressions...
Let's start with my system setup & go from there.
Power Amps: Odyssey Audio Kismet Mono blocks in Stratos cases
Speakers: Odyssey Audio Liquids
Preamp: Symphonic Line RG3 Reference with separate Turbo Power Supply
Source: Symphonic Line Belcanto MK II current model & VPI Prime Signature mates with VDH Colibri
Accessories: mostly Mapleshade platforms, footers & hats

In the recent months, I started to look into cables & thinking to do some upgrade. Several friends are very kind to lend me their #1 choice of cables such as Nordost, Analysis Plus, Synergistic Research & my own set of Groneberg & Mapleshade for comparison purposes. Before I go on I must say that all of these cables are very good in its own right. I have no intention of making any changes in cables & this is so unfortunate that I have a friend who is such a bad guy, he told me "hey take a look at TWL, there is a pair of 2M RCA IC currently on AC from Pete. I reached out to Pete & made the worst purchase in my audio journey. Upon received the IC, the first hour is not so obvious but after that everything is just "WOW". The next few days I contacted Pete to place an order for more includes speaker cables, Digital American, Seven Plus, Ten Plus, Interconnects, & Phono RCA. My first impression with only the IC & got a WOW, now with complete set of cables, all brand new out of the bags "not boxes" I can only react with a bunch of SSSSS in my head... Shiettt, Speechless, Stunning, Shaking my heads, my hands were Shaking... I immediately wanted to drop that cartridge to spin some vinyls but my hands were shaking so bad that I could NOT drop that needle. I was walking around my garage & trying to find a soft wall to bang my head... I wonder how the heck there is such a company who makes cables that give me the best of everything I've been looking for... no I should say I'm not paying attention to the music, I'm not looking for anything, it is right there & everything presents itself in a perfect ways. No need to look to need to pay any kind of attention, strictly nothing to ask for... black back ground??? no no the background is not black... because it is never exists in the first place... As almost every reviewers stated that TWL cables are very "natural", I actually don't agree with them, in my system, they sound very "ADDICTED" & "OBSESSED", these 2 words will lead me to contact Pete in the near future & maybe very soon or as soon as today or tomorrow... I'm now feeling ADDICTED & wanted more & wonder what would the "OBSESSION" Statement will sound like??? Odyssey is the most natural & neutral sound gears I've ever owned, combine with the TWL, they are not match made in heaven to me because of a simple answer, I'm still loving life & want to stay here in reality world & enjoy the music. My next order... I hope Pete can read this & probably lending me the OBSESSION for a test drive without return... LOL... I'm not going to say go get them & make your purchase or whatever... TWL cables are special in my system...

Hello Allen,
Thank you for your kind accolades! As many others have stated, your TWL cabling will improve further as they "settle" into your system!

My High Power audiodharma Cable Cooker does a great job of a preliminary "burn-in" of the cabling, but the shipping process, including the coiling and un-coiling of the cables is detrimental to the conditioning process. Once the cables are in your system, try not to disturb them... Also, the "rest" period is very important to let the dielectric "settle"... I suggest an in-home "burn-in" of 6 hours "ON" & 6 hours "OFF", to achieve great sonic results. An analogy to this "burn-in" process may be similar to capacitor "burn-in", letting the dielectric "form" during the resting period...

Enjoy!

My $0.02,
Pete

AlTran

« Reply #11 on: 16 Aug 2018, 07:41 pm »
Hi Pete & everyone,

My standard minimum break in time 400 hours. My initial comments were to let everyone knows how good these TWL cables are the moment I plugged them in & within just first few days of listening. Of course they will sure get much better & more refine across the board after the break in periods say 400-500 hours. In the last few days I've been listening, which I know they aren't fully broken in, oh man these TWL are just so addicting. I can't get any work done in the house. Just sit & attached to the chair. 

who?me?

« Reply #12 on: 18 Aug 2018, 12:16 am »
Another nice success story with TWL.
I enjoy the TWLs n my system as well.
These stories always remind me of how surprised I am with an impressive new piece of gear.

I just kept asking myself in these situations,
 “How did I get this far along with my audio system and not find this component
(e.g. TWL cable) until NOW?!!!

AlTran

« Reply #13 on: 27 Aug 2018, 09:44 pm »
Dear Pete, I received my 2 Obsession Statement, simply "AMAZING" & thank you for making all this magic moments in my system.

I suggest to you all, if the budget is allowed, please give it the opportunity to sing in your system.

Triode Pete

« Reply #14 on: 28 Aug 2018, 11:27 pm »
Dear Pete, I received my 2 Obsession Statement, simply "AMAZING" & thank you for making all this magic moments in my system.

I suggest to you all, if the budget is allowed, please give it the opportunity to sing in your system.

Hey Allan,
Cool! Enjoy!!!

Thanks,
Pete

rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio Consulting -
« Reply #15 on: 29 Aug 2018, 01:57 pm »
Hi Pete & everyone,

My standard minimum break in time 400 hours. My initial comments were to let everyone knows how good these TWL cables are the moment I plugged them in & within just first few days of listening. Of course they will sure get much better & more refine across the board after the break in periods say 400-500 hours. In the last few days I've been listening, which I know they aren't fully broken in, oh man these TWL are just so addicting. I can't get any work done in the house. Just sit & attached to the chair.

You are absolutely correct about break in time. Like them now and be rewarded after the time. As a beta tester and set up person I can attest to your findings. Enjoy great choice.

charles

Cheytak.408

• Restricted
« Reply #16 on: 2 Sep 2018, 12:27 am »
I post very little here as you can see.  I lurk a lot, learn a lot and try to remain shadowy as has been my life for many years.

So what?!

I can attest to the excellence, musicality and insane “bang for the buck” that TWL cables bring to our quest for reproduction reality in our “Obsession” ...  which is a stunning cable from Pete.  All I can say is thank you for your dedication to excellence and value!   :thumb:

AlTran

« Reply #17 on: 10 Sep 2018, 08:37 pm »
After 2 weeks of The Statement The Obsession in my system, the only word that I want to say is that I want complete Obsession for each piece of my gears. I wonder what will be like when I hit that 400 or 500 hours??? I know my next order will be 10 X The Obsession... 

AlTran

« Reply #18 on: 12 Oct 2018, 08:23 pm »
Dear all,
I must have conservatively about 350 hours break in now, I believe there are still more room for improvement. Last night the sound I heard is just amazing, roundness, bold body, sound stage is so much wider now, no gaps no holes... WOW... WOW... WOW... simple AMAZING.

Thank you Pete again for making such great products!   

Triode Pete

« Reply #19 on: 13 Oct 2018, 04:09 pm »
Dear all,
I must have conservatively about 350 hours break in now, I believe there are still more room for improvement. Last night the sound I heard is just amazing, roundness, bold body, sound stage is so much wider now, no gaps no holes... WOW... WOW... WOW... simple AMAZING.

Thank you Pete again for making such great products!   

Hello Allen,
Thanks again for your kind update! As many say, "Patience is a virtue"!

Cheers,
Pete