Lossless All-Classical Streaming Service(s)

mitch stl

Re: Lossless All-Classical Streaming Service(s)
« Reply #20 on: 8 May 2020, 01:36 am »
Count me as a very satisfied Qobuz user. Excellent sound quality and a great selection. I also like having non-classical available.

EkW

« Reply #21 on: 8 May 2020, 03:02 am »
I don't think that I would use a streaming service enough to pay for it ( I already support two local radio stations) so I use the free/demo/trial lower rez version of Idagio. It works more like a streaming radio station with a few simultaneous channels but they are classical only and seem to have a wide selection, etc.

LesterSleepsIn

• Occasionally consternated
« Reply #22 on: 8 May 2020, 12:00 pm »
Even though we have thousands of cds and lps in the house - and the house would feel naked without them -we subscribe to both Quobuz and Idagio. Overkill perhaps? Not for me. With access to their libraries, I don’t see any reason to buy another cd. A kid in a candy shop scenario.

Cheers,
Lester

mitch stl

« Reply #23 on: 8 May 2020, 07:11 pm »
EkW, different people have different interests, but keep in mind the main difference between a radio station and a service like Qobuz is how music is selected. Whether broadcast or internet, with radio you listen to what they select to play, when they choose to play it. There are lots of situations where that is perfectly fine.

With a service like Qobuz, you can play anythng from their collection at any time and in any order. I've actually become quite fond of just browsing the new releases and playing material by arists I've never heard of. Many of those selections don't last more than 10 or 15 seconds, but I've discovered a number of new artists that I really enjoy.

So, they are completely different experiences.