Visang R-02 earbuds

DS-21

Visang R-02 earbuds
« on: 8 Mar 2013, 01:31 pm »
(Continued from the "Bargain IEMs ***" thread, http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=114671.0

JWTrace helpfully pointed out Dr. Geddes' review of these earbuds on that thread. To recap, it's here: http://www.amazon.com/ViSang-VS-R02-Isolation-Ear-Buds-Earphones/product-reviews/B004W8MEBY/ref=cm_cr_dp_see_all_btm?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1&sortBy=bySubmissionDateDescending

I tried them a bit last night, mostly to play with fitting, and today again for my morning workout (gym - I don't have a death-wish so I don't wear insert earphones for outdoor exercise!).

The good news is that they sound very, very good. Very similar to the ADDIEMs in terms of smoothness or response and dynamic "jump." With this small listening experience, I can't say which I think is better, because I don't have the basis to make that call.

The bad news is that, for me, they were uncomfortable. I started with the foamies, because I almost always prefer foam tips to rubber flanges. Lasted less than the SRV insturmental "Little Wing," because they exerted too much pressure on that little flaps in front of my ears (is tragus the term?) Then I tried the smallest rubber flange. Fit was fine, but the bass was gone because they did not effect a good seal. The double-flange sealed, but was uncomfortable enough half-way through my workout that I was compelled to remove them and revert to my normal workout headphones (Sennheiser PMX100).

The tube under the flange is a good bit larger in diameter than that of the ADDIEM or Ety ER-4. Here it is compared to the ADDIEM, with a magazine used to hold the ADDIEM down.

Bottom line for me was that they sound good enough to investigate further, but their comfort factor is too low to keep them, so I'm going to figure out how Amazon handles returns for non-defective items. I wonder if my ears aren't just abnormally small, though. For instance, I cannot insert iBuds or anything of that form factor, but most of the population seems fine with them.

Noseyears

• Restricted
  • SS-Audio
    • Supreme Sound Audio
Re: Visang R-02 earbuds
« Reply #1 on: 14 Mar 2013, 11:27 pm »
They seem to share the same design as the Brainwavz proAlpha. But i dont know mate, i think there's something about your ears...