Bybee Music Rails

Wayne1

Bybee Music Rails
« on: 29 Jan 2011, 05:24 pm »
Perhaps you may have seen some of the comments for the Bybee Music Rails demo at CES.

If not, look over in the VMPS Circle. Lost of raves about what the little circuit boards do.

I was very intrigued. I have had good luck in the past in using the Bybee Purifiers in various mods.

I ordered in some. I installed one in my personal Ultimate PS. I was amazed. IT actually did what it said it would do.  :wink:

The noise level in my system did drop. I was able to hear the studio walls in a way I had never heard before. Dynamic are amazing. The "POP" of a snare is so startling. Brushes on cymbals are so distinct I can hear the individual wires.

This does not come at a lost of musicality. I still want to get up and boogie when listening to "La Grange"

I think this device is a great advancement in power conditioning. For the month of February, I am going to be offering the Bybee Music Rail installed in any of my 2 amp or less power supplies it will fit in for $200.00. In March the price will go up to $300.00. Higher current supplies, such as those sold for the Mac Mini require additional parts. If you have one of these supplies and wish to upgrade, please contact me.

I have also changed the Deluxe Power Supply to include the Bybee Music Rail. I have a special code to take $100.00 off the price of the Deluxe Power Supply. Please contact me for that, if you are interested.

I am going to start a project to try to utilize these devices in the Eastern Electric MiniMax DAC. At this point I don't see how I can fit them in the case, but there may be alternative methods.

I also plan to try the Bybee Music Rails in my tube amp. That should be a fun project.

The Music Rails are not available to the DIY crowd. If you might be interested in having one of your pieces of gear modded with the Music Rails, please contact me and I'll see what may be possible.

Here is the link to the mod for power supplies, if anyone is interested Bybee Music Rail power supply Mod
« Last Edit: 29 Jan 2011, 08:53 pm by Wayne1 »

roscoeiii

Re: Bybee Music Rails
« Reply #1 on: 29 Jan 2011, 06:48 pm »
Look forward to your tube amp impressions when you get the rails installed.

Wayne1

« Reply #2 on: 29 Jan 2011, 07:07 pm »
I can use the 15A Music Rails. I just don't have any products on hand that need them.

Higher voltage applications (that's anything above 30 volts)do require lots of room for the additional parts needed to use the Music Rails.

The 15A Music Rails will require space to be installed on an existing heatsink or for additional heatsinks to be installed.

The Music Rails are for DC operation only.

Brian Cheney

• http://www.vmpsaudio.com
« Reply #3 on: 29 Jan 2011, 07:21 pm »
I'm glad you're offering this upgrade, which is universally applicable and a true enhancement of any audio electronics.  I sat in on a dozen MR demos in my THE SHOW booth and was amazed each time.

I'll just refer interested audiophiles to you, as few modders are currently set up to install the MR's, which can be tricky and time consuming to put in.  Still, the mod is very worthwhile and I hope you stay busy for life performing it for people who want the best from their systems.

Wayne1

« Reply #4 on: 29 Jan 2011, 08:16 pm »
Thank you, Brian.

The Music Rails can be a bit tricky to use correctly. The information on the website does not quite give you all the installation instructions in a clear and simple manner.

You do need room to install them, as mentioned earlier. Any gear that is packed full of electronics need not apply.

Gopher

« Reply #5 on: 31 Jan 2011, 01:52 am »
Wayne,

Out of curiosity, is this an upgrade you would recommend for someone with a Bolder modified Elpac PSU for their Touch, or would one be better off having a stock Bolder PSU without the MRs?

Wayne1

« Reply #6 on: 1 Feb 2011, 02:46 pm »
Good question Fred,

I would suggest that a modded ELPAC with a Music Rail installed would be better sounding than the stock Standard. A modded Standard with a Music Rail, even better.

The Jerome Industries PS could also have a Music Rail installed, but it would not be as good sounding as the modded ELPAC with the Music Rail.