Logitech Touch Analog Mod Only testers wanted

lcrim

Re: Logitech Touch Analog Mod Only testers wanted
« Reply #20 on: 15 Sep 2010, 10:46 pm »
As Wayne mentioned I have two Bolder Analog modded Logitech Touch, one in each of my systems.  I had been running a digital modded SB3 into external DACs and sold the SB3's and DACs replacing them first w/ a stock Touch that eventually I wanted to mod to get rid of the polarized electrolytic caps on the analog outputs (a design flaw) and of course Wayne didn't stop there, cleaning up some power issues. 
The units are running on wired ethernet connections as is the PC running SBS, a laptop in my case w/ USB drives w/ the music library.  The library is flac, both 24/96 downloads and Red Book rips.  All flac is converted to PCM at the server.  The Soundcheck scripts that prevent the wlan card and Samba from launching (as well as some other programs) are installed on the Touch units  The digital output is shut off as well.  These tweaks were implemented first by themselves, and provided a huge performance increase.  Added to Waynes' analog mods, the increase in performance is stunning.  The hoped for software mod to shut down the display (a source of electrical noise and interference) will be the icing on the cake.
Frankly I'm happy to be off the merry-go-round of which source?, which DAC? Using the internal DAC, which is by definition, optimized for the Touch eliminates the crapshoot.

Almost forgot,  price  is main stream affordable.  To get better digital you will need to spend many, many X $300
« Last Edit: 18 Sep 2010, 12:01 pm by lcrim »