Absolute Sounds latest praise of Salk - rmag

audiotom

• Ground control to Major Tom
    • for everything music
Absolute Sounds latest praise of Salk - rmag
« on: 18 Jan 2010, 06:23 am »
current issue of Absolute sounds  calls Veracity VR4 one of their favorite speakers of the show (pg 60) and the songtowers a real bargain and great sounding (66)  that with no big dollar advertising and no cost no limit equipment driving them. (didn't buy the mag but remembered page numbers)

kudos to Jim and Dennis for their fine work and bargaim offerings

perhaps a higher price tag for the VR 4's finally get's the audio reviewers to listen to them.  Still a bargain compared to other companies offerings

revrob

Re: Absolute Sounds latest praise of Salk - rmag
« Reply #1 on: 21 Jan 2010, 12:50 am »
I hope is ok to reprint this from the magazine, please let me know if it is not:

Salk Sound exhibited a prototype of its new flagship, the Salk HT4 (approximately $10,000 to $19,000/pair), which was one of my show favorites. The HT4 features a Slovenian ribbon tweeter, a distinctive rectangular/flat-diaphragm midrange driver from Japan, and a USA-made 12-inch aluminum woofer coupled with dual 12-inch passive radiators, and produces the sort of big, dynamically expressive, ultra-high-resolution sound normally associated with cost-no-object designs. Jim Salk plans to offer a $10,000 version of the HT4, which uses a 10-inch woofer and a
smaller, simpler cabinet.

Steve

Art_Chicago

« Reply #2 on: 21 Jan 2010, 01:24 am »
 :thumb:

oneinthepipe

• Trainee
    • Salk Signature Sound/Audio by Van Alstine two-channel system
« Reply #3 on: 21 Jan 2010, 02:55 am »
:thumb:

Ditto. 

Congratulations Jim and Dennis.

Nuance

« Reply #4 on: 21 Jan 2010, 03:03 am »
Booya!

DMurphy

• Industry Participant
    • SalkSound
« Reply #5 on: 21 Jan 2010, 03:08 am »
Booya!

Thanks.  But what I love is the concept of a $10,000-$19,000 speaker not being a cost-no-object speaker.  If a charitable foundation called me up and said they would throw in another $30,000 just so we could make the HT4 a REALLY cost-no-object speaker, I don't know what I would spend the money on.  I'm sure I would just send it to Haiti. 

Nuance

« Reply #6 on: 21 Jan 2010, 03:17 am »
^ hehe, good call, Dennis.  The term "cost no object" has gotten so skewed with the voodoo and snake oil crap that is out there these days.  Our generation never had a chance, which is why finding Salk Sound and Murhpy Blaster was such a wake-up call/revelation for me.  You guys seriously rock the house!  Thanks for what you all do.

Mudslide

« Reply #7 on: 21 Jan 2010, 04:01 am »
^ hehe, good call, Dennis.  The term "cost no object" has gotten so skewed with the voodoo and snake oil crap that is out there these days.  Our generation never had a chance, which is why finding Salk Sound and Murhpy Blaster was such a wake-up call/revelation for me.  You guys seriously rock the house!  Thanks for what you all do.

+ 1^!!

Great and talented people behind fabulous products.  And anyone who doesn't think so simply hasn't met these people or heard their speakers. 

Congrats Jim and Dennis...and Mary!   :thumb:

rahimlee54

« Reply #8 on: 21 Jan 2010, 04:24 am »
Congrats the HT4s really are good, I don't know about anyone else but 10-19k for a luxury items like speakers is pretty much=cost no object to me.  Maybe that is just me though.

Nuance

« Reply #9 on: 21 Jan 2010, 05:27 am »
I don't know about anyone else but 10-19k for a luxury items like speakers is pretty much=cost no object to me.  Maybe that is just me though.

+1.  You are not alone.  :)

bryede

« Reply #10 on: 21 Jan 2010, 12:00 pm »
If a charitable foundation called me up and said they would throw in another $30,000 just so we could make the HT4 a REALLY cost-no-object speaker, I don't know what I would spend the money on.

Diamond-encrusted capacitors?

charmerci

« Reply #11 on: 21 Jan 2010, 02:56 pm »
If a charitable foundation called me up and said they would throw in another $30,000 just so we could make the HT4 a REALLY cost-no-object speaker, I don't know what I would spend the money on.

Hand sanded, buffed and varnished by virgins!

Big Red Machine

« Reply #12 on: 21 Jan 2010, 03:07 pm »
Hand sanded, buffed and varnished by virgins!

Hey, don't give me virgins!  I want experienced varnishers!! :rock:

drab

« Reply #13 on: 21 Jan 2010, 04:41 pm »
You could always throw an Oppo bluray player inside and mark it up 700%. :smoke:

Congrats! :thumb:

Nuance

« Reply #14 on: 21 Jan 2010, 08:08 pm »
You could always throw an Oppo bluray player inside and mark it up 700%. :smoke:

Congrats! :thumb:

ROFLMAO!  :lol: :lol: