Linked Events

• Vintage Voltage Expo: 30 Mar 2008

2nd Annual Vintage Voltage Expo

mgalusha

2nd Annual Vintage Voltage Expo
« on: 11 Dec 2007, 03:55 am »
I received the announcement email for the second annual Vintage Voltage Expo today. Sadly I didn't make this last year but I'm going to this time.

Info at: http://www.danacain.com/about5.html

Looks like there will be all kinds of cool vintage gear.  :thumb:

denverartist

Re: 2nd Annual Vintage Voltage Expo
« Reply #1 on: 19 Dec 2007, 02:43 pm »
Yeah, we are starting to publicize this event now. Thanks for bringing it up, Mike. If it is anything like last year, it should be really fun. The operative word is "diverse". If anyone has any questions, write. I will be helping to run it this year.

Mike, I see you have a Hagerman Cornet. I have been considering one of those.

Cheers,
Pete I

babylonart@aol.com

'Vintage Voltage Expo'   March 30, 2008

Happy Holidays

Jazz-Vinyl

« Reply #2 on: 1 Jan 2008, 06:11 pm »
Excellent!  I have bookmarked the page, and will try and come up this year.

Is there a big annual LP swap/sale in Denver??

Appreciate!!

PeteG

« Reply #3 on: 1 Jan 2008, 06:24 pm »
Excellent!  I have bookmarked the page, and will try and come up this year.

Is there a big annual LP swap/sale in Denver??

Appreciate!!

There’s no date set for 08 yet. http://www.bigk.com/expo.html

mgalusha

« Reply #4 on: 1 Jan 2008, 06:29 pm »
Mike, I see you have a Hagerman Cornet. I have been considering one of those.

Yes, I built it a few years back and I have been very happy with it. I put some Jensen step up transformers inside as I have an MC cartridge and I didn't want to use external transformers.

Hope the preamp is working well for you too. :)

Mike

denverartist

Re: Vintage Voltage Expo, and Record show
« Reply #5 on: 6 Jan 2008, 01:10 pm »
Looks like Kurt, who runs the Big K Record Collectors shows, has an April 6 date. Cool - I always find some good vinyl there.

And there will be record vendors at Vintage Voltage Expo as well. Both are at the same location.

Pete
« Last Edit: 17 Jan 2008, 04:11 pm by denverartist »

Jazz-Vinyl

Re: Vintage Voltage Expo, and Record show
« Reply #6 on: 6 Jan 2008, 02:50 pm »
Looks like Kurt, who runs the Big K Record Collectors shows, has an April 6 date now. Cool - I always find some good vinyl there.

Pete - what is the average price one can expect to pay at the show..??

denverartist

Record show - May 4
« Reply #7 on: 11 Jan 2008, 01:34 am »
Well, it only costs $2 to get in at the Big K Record Collectors Show! (Vintage Voltage in March is $5 admission).

There will be record vendors with lots of $1 records, but most that I get are in the $6 to $9 range. Naturally, they can go up to $20, and much higher for rare or collectors' albums.
I don't mind used stuff.  :D

Pete

« Last Edit: 17 Jan 2008, 04:11 pm by denverartist »

denverartist

Record show is now in May
« Reply #8 on: 17 Jan 2008, 02:57 pm »
Looks like they settled on a May 4 date. 

http://www.bigk.com/expo.html

mgalusha

« Reply #9 on: 25 Mar 2008, 12:40 pm »
Just a reminder to all the Denver area folks, this show is only 5 days away. I talked to Pete Illig last week and it sounds like this is going to be very good. Lots of goodies for those interested in vintage electronics.

Anglo

« Reply #10 on: 26 Mar 2008, 09:00 pm »
...is the show the 5th of May or in 5 days?

mgalusha

« Reply #11 on: 27 Mar 2008, 02:41 pm »
March 30th, 3 days now. :)

Official website: http://danacain.com/about5.html

mgalusha

« Reply #12 on: 30 Mar 2008, 01:59 am »
Just a little bump. 'Course maybe no one will go and I can snag some vintage amps for cheap. :)

Alan

« Reply #13 on: 30 Mar 2008, 04:44 am »
Hey, Mike. I might have to show up just to be sure you don't get away with anything too cheap. I got together with Jim this week and was thinking that we should have reserved a table to sell off unused stuff.

See you there...

PeteG

« Reply #14 on: 30 Mar 2008, 08:18 pm »
A nice little show today with a good turnout of people.  Picked up some nice sealed LPs and
got a kick out of seeing some old gear I use to own, brought back some memories.
The vintage radios were great here are some pics.  http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?action=gallery;area=browse;album=1401

Alan

« Reply #15 on: 31 Mar 2008, 04:32 am »
A nice little show today with a good turnout of people.  Picked up some nice sealed LPs and
got a kick out of seeing some old gear I use to own, brought back some memories.
The vintage radios were great here are some pics.  http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?action=gallery;area=browse;album=1401

Yeah. A fun show, thanks for the pix. Lotta good old tube radios. Saw a few old friends, Al was there promoting his show, RMAF (Jeez, that's like promoting honey to ants). Records galore. Only thing was missing was hifi tube amps; was expecting to see lotsa fisher, scott, eico. Oh well, Mike must have gotten there early.

mgalusha

« Reply #16 on: 31 Mar 2008, 04:47 pm »
I was there at 10:00 but I didn't see much in the way of hifi amps. All I bought were some LP's, which of course was OK with my wife. :)

denverartist

« Reply #17 on: 10 Apr 2008, 06:23 pm »
Here's a few approx. stats: attendance over 800, including radio club members. 49 vendors with over 100 tables.  Great radios. Lots of fun, but if you were a vendor like me - a very hectic day! I never got a break. I bought almost as much as I sold (often how this hobby works!). But some folks didn't bring everything they said they would. I thought Dennis S was going to bring his Quicksilver tube mono amps for sale, but didn't. I didn't quiz him, but I suspect he didn't want to bang them up. So some good but valuable stuff got left home.  My Heathkit EL34 tube amp for sale (and demonstrated!) got LOTS of attention, but no sale.  Josh from Recycled Audio had some nice gear FS.

Already looking at March dates for next year.

Cheers,
Pete I

Record show this May 4, same Ramada.

mgalusha

« Reply #18 on: 10 Apr 2008, 07:10 pm »
I almost bought your Heathkit amp Pete but I just couldn't figure out how I'd use it. One of those items I just wanted.  :roll:

Mike