Anybody know how to contact Lynn Olson?

jrebman

Anybody know how to contact Lynn Olson?
« on: 1 Dec 2007, 07:00 pm »
I'm trying to get in touch with Lynn Olson.  Thom Mackris told me at RMAF that he is living in Erie now, so I thought somebody in the area could get me in touch with him.

Thanks,

Jim

Russell Dawkins

Re: Anybody know how to contact Lynn Olson?
« Reply #1 on: 1 Dec 2007, 07:05 pm »
You should be able to reach him through his web site:

http://www.nutshellhifi.com/

jrebman

« Reply #2 on: 1 Dec 2007, 07:12 pm »
Russel,

Sorry, I should have said that I had tried the web site, and either the email link isn't identified as such, or it is shown as a graphic, which I can't read.

I also tried his email link on diyaudio.com, but that just gave me a message saying that the email address wasn't available.

-- Jim

Russell Dawkins

« Reply #3 on: 1 Dec 2007, 07:58 pm »
Did you try lynnolson (at) nutshellhifi.com?

jrebman

« Reply #4 on: 1 Dec 2007, 08:09 pm »
No, but I will :D.  My screen reader just didn't show me anything like that on the page.

Thanks,

Jim

BradJudy

« Reply #5 on: 1 Dec 2007, 11:31 pm »
Jim - FYI, the e-mail address is in an image on the website that has no ALT tag. 

jrebman

« Reply #6 on: 1 Dec 2007, 11:43 pm »
Brad,

That's what I figured.  Seems more and more people are doing this, though the address in the alt tag may kind of defeat the purpose of keeping the information from the spambots.

Thanks,

Jim

BradJudy

« Reply #7 on: 1 Dec 2007, 11:57 pm »
People should give up on trying to keep addresses from spambots these days.  It's all about spam filtering anymore and it doesn't matter if your address is out there.  I've had my main e-mail address for 13 years and it's been posted a lot on the internet.  Plus, it accepts e-mail to a common first name, so the basic guessing spammers hit it too. 

jrebman

« Reply #8 on: 2 Dec 2007, 12:10 am »
You won't get any argument from me :-).  Indra's spam control system works great -- rarely lets anything unwanted through, and with a little tuning, almost never catches legit stuff either.

-- Jim

Galibier_Numero_Un

• Galibier Design
« Reply #9 on: 2 Dec 2007, 10:50 am »
I don't post other people's e-mail addresses on public forums, hence the round-about way of answering this question.

Lynn hangs out on Diyaudio.  Register there and look up his user id here:
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/member.php?s=39500f3baf6fe74c2743802d02b80fb9&action=getinfo&userid=20482

Then, send him a private message.  He told me his e-mail profile is up to date on that forum.

Cheers,
Thom