A8 or HempTone ?

lowrider

• DIY
A8 or HempTone ?
« on: 17 Nov 2005, 07:58 pm »
Wich one do you recomend with a TEAC DR-L700, on a not very big room ?

Will the 6ohm impedance of the A8 be a problem ?

I listen to all kinds of music, but classical and jazz more critically, it will also play movie DVDs...

I like dynamic and full bodied sound, probably will add a subwoofer later...

Thanks,

Louis O

A8 or HempTone ?
« Reply #1 on: 20 Nov 2005, 02:25 am »
Hi lowrider,

Many thanks for your post.

Sounds like I would go for the A8s in your situation. Small rooms are no problem at all and they thrive on Classical and Jazz. The speakers are super fast and all the detail of movie soundtracks will be reproduced amazingly well.

I’m sure the Teac will be a great match. I have run them with the Clari t at 6 watts and it’s perfect. Never had a problem with the 6 ohm rating. The A8s really like higher power too.

Thanks again,
Louis

lowrider

• DIY
A8 or HempTone ?
« Reply #2 on: 20 Nov 2005, 11:31 am »
Thanks Louis,

Good, I was more inclined to the A8s already, the Visaton driver will be more serviceable here in Europe, if it has any problems, also it has great reviews...

I might get a JVC EX-A1 instead of the TEAC, wichever is easier to buy when its time... My daughter loved the small wood speakers for her new apartment...  :wink:

I read that you will make the A8 in mate black...  :?:

Best regards,

lowrider

• DIY
A8 or HempTone ?
« Reply #3 on: 21 Nov 2005, 09:52 am »
Interesting somparison of fullrange drivers:

http://www.acuhorn.pl/driver.htm

Louis O

A8 or HempTone ?
« Reply #4 on: 24 Nov 2005, 02:45 am »
Hi Antonio,

I think this is the way to go too. Being they are from Germany, it may be easier for you to get parts if you ever run into that situation. I do have a warrantee as well for 10 years.

Glad your daughter loved the small speakers and I do have a great source for a variety of finishes.

Thanks for the link and it’s pretty interesting. The graphs really don’t show how the B200 really perform. They are amazing drivers.

Thanks again,
Louis

lowrider

• DIY
A8 or HempTone ?
« Reply #5 on: 25 Dec 2005, 06:19 pm »
Louis,

I got an apartment with a large empty room, and the wife is not coming to Latvia, (no waf this time), so I decided to get the Schallwand Sangreal from neighbour Germany, those on my avatar...  :oops:  

I have no idea how they will sound, ansious to receive them, have been wanting to try fullrange drivers for a while, Omega was my choice if I had a "normal" living room, or if I lived in North America...  :roll:

Thanks for your assistance, hope things continue going well for you, maybe after I get the taste I will get Omegas after all...  :wink:

Louis O

A8 or HempTone ?
« Reply #6 on: 30 Dec 2005, 03:26 am »
Hi lowrider,

Thanks and hope the new speakers sound terrific. Many thanks for your posts and if you decide to try out the speakers it would be my pleasure to send them out to you.

Thanks again and Happy New Year,
Louis