Parasite- Wow!

stlrman

Parasite- Wow!
« on: 18 Mar 2020, 03:21 am »
Just incredible!!! First foreign film to take best movie Oscar.
10 out of 10 stars !! :thumb:
Don’t miss this one !!! :thumb: :thumb:

smargo

Re: Parasite- Wow!
« Reply #1 on: 18 Mar 2020, 03:31 am »
Just incredible!!! First foreign film to take best movie Oscar.
10 out of 10 stars !! :thumb:
Don’t miss this one !!! :thumb: :thumb:

agreed! - i thought the acting and the story were very creative. Its a bit offbeat

but that is what makes it so compelling

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #2 on: 19 Mar 2020, 04:00 am »
I would like to see it but the local theaters are all closed due to the pandemic.  Hopefully it will be out on video soon.

Bill O'Connell

• Industry Participant
  • Retired . Music Lover
« Reply #3 on: 19 Mar 2020, 04:14 am »
Excellent. Not what you'd expect from the title.

10 out of 10. Glad it won Best picture

kmmd

« Reply #4 on: 19 Mar 2020, 04:44 am »
It’s been on Blu-ray for a while.

I agree.  My wife and I loved it.  The story just builds and builds and then several what the *!#$? moments.

guf

« Reply #5 on: 19 Mar 2020, 04:51 am »
you guys catch the speakers and amp in the living room?  he also had a bed room set up.

guf

« Reply #6 on: 19 Mar 2020, 04:53 am »

Big Red Machine

« Reply #7 on: 19 Mar 2020, 12:07 pm »
What is it about?

woodsyi

• Volunteer
  • Always Look on the Bright Side of Life!
« Reply #8 on: 19 Mar 2020, 03:37 pm »
You can rent or buy it on Amazon Prime.  My family watched with my mother at her house. 

There are some creative English translations (on subtitle) but they convey the gist.  Literal translation probably wouldn't have made sense.

It got me out of comfort zone and I started pacing around as events spiral. 

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #9 on: 19 Mar 2020, 04:39 pm »
Loved how the occurrence of a single thing (rain) had VERY different affects for the rich vs the poor family.  That's some very smart film making there.  I've seen a few of Bong's movies and they are all excellent. 

One thing I love that he's consistent about is the odd tone of the movies.  If you've ever seen Kubrick's "The Shining", that sort of surreal tone that's there, I get some of that in a lot of Bong's work.  Things seem "normal", but they aren't quite.  Park's not a horror director, more drama and social commentary (with some violence), but the tone of his movies are pretty cool.
« Last Edit: 19 Mar 2020, 06:00 pm by Tyson »

stlrman

« Reply #10 on: 19 Mar 2020, 05:36 pm »
Better to go in cold really :

Bong Joon Ho brings his work home to Korea in this pitch-black modern fairytale. Meet the Park Family: the picture of aspirational wealth. And the Kim Family, rich in street smarts but not much else. Be it chance or fate, these two houses are brought together and the Kims sense a golden opportunity. Masterminded by college-aged Ki-woo, the Kim children expediently install themselves as tutor and art therapist, to the Parks. Soon, a symbiotic relationship forms between the two families. The Kims provide "indispensable" luxury services while the Parks obliviously bankroll their entire household. When a parasitic interloper threatens the Kims' newfound comfort, a savage, underhanded battle for dominance breaks out, threatening to destroy the fragile ecosystem between the Kims and the Parks.

Wind Chaser

« Reply #11 on: 19 Mar 2020, 08:20 pm »
Wow! You just sold it on me - definitely a must see. :thumb:

klamka

« Reply #12 on: 20 Mar 2020, 12:27 am »
nah , not a cinematic movie and certainly not an Oscar caliber as well .  Only worth recommendation because it actually tells a story unlike  the regular sh...t which is coming out of Hollywood. Would rate it 6/10

Digi-G

« Reply #13 on: 23 Apr 2020, 06:34 pm »
nah , not a cinematic movie and certainly not an Oscar caliber as well .  Only worth recommendation because it actually tells a story unlike  the regular sh...t which is coming out of Hollywood. Would rate it 6/10
I haven't seen the movie, but you're obviously in the minority here.  The film won Academy awards for Best Picture, Best Director, Best Original Screenplay and Best International Feature Film! It must have something going for it.

undertowogt1

« Reply #14 on: 23 Apr 2020, 06:47 pm »
In my opinion Parasite is a great movie you will not be disappointed :popcorn: Dont google it or IMBD it to find out the story, just watch it.