AK Fest 2010 impressions and experience

fsimms

Re: AK Fest 2010 impressions and experience
« Reply #20 on: 4 May 2010, 04:02 pm »
nick, emac, chad, krikor - Thanks for the write-ups and photos. Very much appreciated. 

+1

Bob

nicksgem10s

« Reply #21 on: 5 May 2010, 11:34 pm »
DonS: Thanks, I am glad you found it worth reading.

Emac:  I bet we sat next to each other at the show and never met.  Next year we will have to meet.
I really enjoyed your thoughts on the different rooms.  Thanks for all the great comments.  You posted about a few rooms I didn't have a chance to hear.  Great to know about those rooms also.  Those Dali monitors you bought sound really interesting.  I wish I would have had a chance to listen to them.  Look forward to hearing your long term thoughts on them after you live with them for a little while. 

I forgot to mention David Michael Audio.  I did not see David at the show this year but he is a great guy to work with and I recently bought some speaker cables from him.  If you are local you should check him out as he is friendly, helpful, and great to work with.

Jamesgarvin:  Great comments about the venue.  It was a good news bad news scenario for sure.  Reading your comments about the Audio Note makes me kick myself for not getting back to their room to listen to some additional music I was more familiar with so I could form a proper opinion.  Too many people I respect love the sound of their equipment.  I just don't think I have given it enough of a chance.

Pardales:  It was a blast hanging out with you at AKfest.  Sorry for posting the poor picture of you but I needed to illustrate how tiny the Dayens speakers are.  We need to connect at the show next year also.   8)

S_cervin:  It was great to see you at the show.  Glad you are enjoying your new Salk speakers.  Hopefully we can talk before next year's show.  I know how busy it can be and you are there to hear music not my ramblings. 

Occam:  Wish I had gotten to shoot a few photos of your impressive power cables.  Hope to get a chance to hear one of your cables in my system in the near future.  I hear only great things and know they contributed in a very positive way to the ASi/GIK/Korato/Fritz room. 

Mudslide:  Thanks for the mention.  Somebody has to hold down the fort.  Hope you got an idea about what the show had to offer.  It was definitely the best AK fest to date IMO.

Martyo:  I have a feeling you would have liked the Salk/AVA setup a little  :drool:

Bpape:  It was great getting to visit with you in person after all the time seeing your posts on AC.  Your room treatments are really cool.  I have a feeling they are going to be in a lot more audio rooms in the near future.  Your Korato electronics were sounding great in your system.  You are 100% correct about the ASi modified Oppo BD83 SE source.  That is cutting edge digital and it sounded amazing.  Would love to check that player out with a bluray in my system!  :o

Krikor:  I want to meet you.  I think your photos of the TEAD room are awesome.  I regretted not taking pictures in there.  That system was special sounding.  First chance I had to listen to a Jordan driver.  I liked what I heard very much.  Any idea what woofer was used in the design?  I have seen many posts of yours and am in Troy.  We should connect one of these days.  You are absolutely right about the TEAD tube amps with Vibe preamp.  Very nice sounding gear in that room.  I am also buying the Warren Haynes Live at Bonnaroo disc after hearing it in that room.

Chadh:  Sorry for swarming around you in the Salk room.  It was great to see you and chat about audio, music, etc.  I would love to hear your system with the addition of the Audiokinesis Swarm.  Parker Audio had a sound that still stands out in my mind several days later.  They have some very nice sounding products in their lineup.
I also noticed your positive comments about the Audio Note room making me feel like I need to spend much more time with their room next year. I definitely had the same feeling that Salk / AVA was like AC home base.  Let's talk before the next AK fest.

ctviggen & taoggniklat:  I think Etai showed me some additional hardware that was going to be available from iRule in the near future or may already be available that will allow wireless control for IR also.  Hopefully we can get him to respond in this or another thread to answer questions.  It looked like it had just about unlimited potential and that it could be tailored to each user's preferences.

Hope Jim and Frank get to see this thread also.

A big thanks to Dave (aka Grumpy on AK forums) and his family that organize and put together a great audio show each year.  It is a really relaxed atmosphere and a lot of fun each year.  It also seems to get better each year.  Keep up the great work.

-Nick

krikor

• Initiative comes to those who wait.
    • AudioSnoop.com
« Reply #22 on: 6 May 2010, 12:39 pm »
Krikor:  I want to meet you.  I think your photos of the TEAD room are awesome.  I regretted not taking pictures in there.  That system was special sounding.  First chance I had to listen to a Jordan driver.  I liked what I heard very much.  Any idea what woofer was used in the design?  I have seen many posts of yours and am in Troy.  We should connect one of these days.  You are absolutely right about the TEAD tube amps with Vibe preamp.  Very nice sounding gear in that room.  I am also buying the Warren Haynes Live at Bonnaroo disc after hearing it in that room.

Damn... I wish I knew they were playing Warren in the room.  If it's from the 2003 Bonnaroo, I was at that show.  Not sure what woofer is used.  I grabbed an info pack from the room, but it doesn't specify who makes the woofer.  We should connect sometime... I've seen many of your posts as well and been tempted by a number of your items for sale.  I'm practically your neighbor as I live in Pleasant Ridge.

Parker Audio

« Reply #23 on: 7 May 2010, 02:43 pm »
Hi All

I'd like to send out a big thanks for all of those who stopped in our room at the Fest up in Novi.  We had a great time On Saturday and Sunday. 

We had the opportunity to have pleasant conversation and listening sessions with many folks from the AC community.  As an added plus, heard some music we will have to add to the collection.

Once again thanks for stopping in and sharing your thoughts.  We thoroughly enjoyed it.

Dave

pardales

« Reply #24 on: 7 May 2010, 03:25 pm »
Hi All

I'd like to send out a big thanks for all of those who stopped in our room at the Fest up in Novi.  We had a great time On Saturday and Sunday. 

We had the opportunity to have pleasant conversation and listening sessions with many folks from the AC community.  As an added plus, heard some music we will have to add to the collection.

Once again thanks for stopping in and sharing your thoughts.  We thoroughly enjoyed it.

Dave

Welcome To AC!   :D

buzz

« Reply #25 on: 7 May 2010, 04:41 pm »
Nice to see you Dave! I heard good things about your room from more than a couple people. I wish I was able to come to AKFest to experience the Parker room myself. I've loved your 'Trolls' each time I have listened. ;)