NFL Football ('15 -'16)

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
Re: NFL Football ('15 -'16)
« Reply #80 on: 16 Oct 2015, 03:39 am »
And the Dirty Birds are no longer undefeated.
A huge Divisional win and morale booster for the Saints.

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
« Reply #81 on: 25 Oct 2015, 08:40 pm »

twitch54

« Reply #82 on: 25 Oct 2015, 09:11 pm »
Bills loose again…………proving once again, Rex is a fraud ………..

SteveFord

• Volunteer
  • The poodle bites, the poodle chews it.
« Reply #83 on: 26 Oct 2015, 01:23 am »
The Giants squeaked past the Cowgirl's 3rd string quarterback. 
I don't know about New York - they make so many tremendous plays and then they just kind of go to sleep for 10 minutes at a time and just never seem to put a game away.  A win is a win, though.

twitch54

« Reply #84 on: 26 Oct 2015, 04:45 pm »
The Giants squeaked past the Cowgirl's 3rd string quarterback. 
I don't know about New York - they make so many tremendous plays and then they just kind of go to sleep for 10 minutes at a time and just never seem to put a game away.  A win is a win, though.

unless something changes in the second half of the season the NL East is basically toast ……...

finsup

« Reply #85 on: 8 Nov 2015, 09:50 pm »
The  cynic in me thinks the refs really tried to give Green Bay the game against the Panthers.  Some unbelievable calls in the final minutes

bladesmith

• water quenching steel since 2001....
    • palmer knives
« Reply #86 on: 8 Nov 2015, 11:13 pm »
Bronco's vs Colt's.   :D

Good game so far.... :thumb:

richidoo

« Reply #87 on: 9 Nov 2015, 02:00 am »
Both my Pats and Panthers are still on top!  :thumb:

I hope they get to play each other this year. ;)

finsup

« Reply #88 on: 9 Nov 2015, 09:54 pm »
Bronco's vs Colt's.   :D

Good game so far.... :thumb:

All year long, I have watched the Broncos games on the NFL Network, thinking that if I watched them live, I would jinx them.  It worked well, until yesterday.  I watched the Panther game at a bar, then went home to watch NFL Sunday Ticket.  Fired up the TV...and there was the Bronco game live on the local CBS station.  :o  It was on the game for only a second, I swear.  Guess it was enough... :duh:

Emil

« Reply #89 on: 9 Nov 2015, 10:28 pm »
Rex Ryan plans to make IK Enemkpali, Geno Smith puncher, captain vs. Jets

Oh boy. Must see TV thursday night :thumb:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/rex-ryan-plans-to-make-ik-enemkpali--geno-smith-puncher--captain-vs--jets-203034784.html

finsup

« Reply #90 on: 10 Nov 2015, 01:06 am »
Even though The Panthers are 8-0,  Talk Radio in Charlotte today was all about Cam Newton pulling down the Packer fan's banner.  I don't care if the Packer fan legally, or illegally, hung the banner, I fully support Cam in what he did.  I was a little surprised at the number of callers who criticized him for doing so.

Look, it IS up to the Home team's fan base to show up for home games.  That said, there are certain teams whose fans travel well: Packers, Raiders, and Steelers just to name three.  Even more so, it may not even be that the fans are traveling well, but rather, many fans have simply moved and brought their old allegiances with them. 

I have been fortunate to live in different areas of the country including Denver, Portland, metro DC, metro San Diego, and now metro Charlotte.  San Diego, and to a lesser degree, Charlotte have really tough times with crowd noise coming from the fans for the opposing team sometimes.  Fans moved to SD and Charlotte to escape high taxes, harsh weather, etc.  When I moved to the Charlotte area, I was stunned to see how many Steelers bars there were in the area. 

Personally, either root for your new adopted hometown.  Or move back home. 

charmerci

« Reply #91 on: 10 Nov 2015, 01:58 am »

When I moved to the Charlotte area, I was stunned to see how many Steelers bars there were in the area. 

For a long time when there was no Panther team, many people in NC (also WV) adopted the Steelers.

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #92 on: 10 Nov 2015, 03:07 am »
Personally, either root for your new adopted hometown.  Or move back home.

I understand what you're saying with that, and to a point I agree, but I think there's another option if you're lucky.  If the teams are typically not direct competitors, you can be loyal to both.  My Steelers and Eagles are in different conferences and play each other rarely.  When they do play every four years, I just root for good plays on either side and no injuries.  When I was a kid I rooted for the AFL Chargers and the NFL Rams, they never played each other.  But something like Dallas or Philly and you're gonna have to pick a side. 

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
« Reply #93 on: 10 Nov 2015, 03:11 am »
How about Wes Welker signing with the Rams?!

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
« Reply #94 on: 11 Nov 2015, 04:15 am »
How about Wes Welker signing with the Rams?!

Latest news from St. Louis:

(AP) BREAKING: Wes Welker placed on IR with a concussion just hours after Rams signed him, after bumping his head climbing into the Team van.

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
« Reply #95 on: 11 Nov 2015, 04:34 am »
I won't believe that until Guy13 says it's so!

SteveFord

• Volunteer
  • The poodle bites, the poodle chews it.
« Reply #96 on: 16 Nov 2015, 01:07 am »
Crap, the Patriots squeaked past the Giants.
Oh well, at least it was an exciting game.

Tomy2Tone

« Reply #97 on: 16 Nov 2015, 01:26 am »
Crap, the Patriots squeaked past the Giants.
Oh well, at least it was an exciting game.

I guess you could say the Pats own the Giants in the regular season....but we know what happens in the super bowl.  :D

I still don't know what a TD catch is anymore....

rodge827

« Reply #98 on: 16 Nov 2015, 01:40 am »
The NFC East is a mess!
Only one win this week  :roll:
I think a sub .500 will make the playoffs this year!  :o
Pathetic!

macrojack

• Restricted
« Reply #99 on: 16 Nov 2015, 06:05 pm »
The Denver Broncos have announced that Peyton Manning has a tear in his plantar fascia in addition to rib injury. Before any of the injuries erupted he was rather bad. Yesterday he demonstrated that he is not an NFL caliber QB any longer. Can the Broncos win any games behind Brock Osweiler? Next Sunday is at Chicago. Week after that they host NE. They also have to visit Pittsburgh and host Cincinnati. Interspersed in that are 3 division games, 1 is Oakland in Denver and the other 2 are against SD. They are 7-2 right now. Will they finish above .500? I guess next week on the road against Chicago will tell the whole story of what to expect.

Manning has probably played his last NFL game.