Our COVID 19 update and response

klaus@odyssey

Our COVID 19 update and response
« on: 30 Mar 2020, 08:15 am »
Like so many other companies,  I'd like to share some thoughts and info's here as well....

First off,  Irina and I truly hope that you and yours are safe and in good health !!!!  Obviously these  and all the other wishes and thoughts go without saying.

As for the business side of things,  we are actually humming along as usual at this point....the fact that we have a lab at home is a huge advantage for us.    Bottlenecks in the supply chains are anticipated,  but not apparent yet.  One interesting point though is that I did expect a massive downturn in calls and interest,  true,  and that is the case.  However,  actual orders are going up quite a bit to my surprise.  Yes,  sitting home and having more time is the exact reason for most of our new customers,  and existing ones that want upgrades done.  This, coupled with our massive backorder situation and our extremely low overhead as a true family business pretty much guarantees us to be just fine way into 2021 at this point !!!!!!!

Lastly,  I am doing my part to be as conscientious as possible, from wiping down every parts box, shipping foam inserts, etc.  that comes in and bacterial-spray every product before it gets out the door, just in case.  When you open up our shipping boxes,  you can be assured that I took care of the products inside for your and my own personal safety.....yup,  getting sick and tired of washing hands 40 - 50 times a day,  but it's worth it.

Stay safe,

Klaus & Irina

Arcticdeth

Re: Our COVID 19 update and response
« Reply #1 on: 31 Mar 2020, 02:47 am »
Although this to me seems like a political force.

Hope everyone stays safe, and we will get past this, WE ARE AMERICANS.
WE WILL PERSEVERE!!

GOD BLESS EVERY FELLOW AMERICAN, AND PATRIOT IN THIS TIME OF TURNING IN OUR COUNTRY!

LET THE RED WAVE ENGULF, OR BE PREPARED FOR HARDER TIMES AHEAD!

Godbless y’all!

Stay home and jam tunes!
Drink Hefe-Weiss!

klaus@odyssey

« Reply #2 on: 31 Mar 2020, 05:38 pm »
OK >>>Alright.
After this rather enthusiastic post,  let's get serious.

COVID 19 has hit home in a couple of ways now... even here in Indy the last week in our circles, as well as already 1 of my customers in serious condition in NY / / /.  At least 1 that I know of.  Not panicking, but  Irina and I are even more stringent than yesterday.....
Now,  if you could only find more hand sanitizer,  that would be nice.

Corrected. 3/31/2020

Brettio

« Reply #3 on: 2 Apr 2020, 01:48 am »
I realize you’re not in New Jersey but don’t you travel to shows with a trusty VPI turntable?  Maybe they can send you some..
http://www.hifiplus.com/articles/vpi-launches-hand-sanitiser/

All (sort of) kidding aside please use caution and stay safe.
Brett

germay0653

« Reply #4 on: 2 Apr 2020, 02:30 am »
I realize you’re not in New Jersey but don’t you travel to shows with a trusty VPI turntable?  Maybe they can send you some..
http://www.hifiplus.com/articles/vpi-launches-hand-sanitiser/

All (sort of) kidding aside please use caution and stay safe.
Brett

Good advice, Klaus!

No death is ever acceptable.  More than the medical aspect of this situation needs to be considered.  The long term affect of an economic shutdown, beyond 90 days, may cause more death than the virus itself.  Despair, depression, malnutrition and stress related causes from having no job and no of money need to be considered in the solution.  Just hoping and waiting for a vaccine, 18 months or more out, to develop and test cannot be the only solution.  Other methods and means need to be considered.  To think otherwise is irresponsible.

klaus@odyssey

« Reply #5 on: 3 Apr 2020, 05:04 am »
Germay,  True..too many fucking dimensions to this nightmare..

Brett,  thanks for the link....Harry and Mat are doing something great,  and yup,  had to chime in...